ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Ryan vs JD Vance

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
It looks like Ryan is leading by a fingernail in their race regardless of how often he puts his foot in his mouth during the campaign. It reminds me of the time Tulsi Gabbard humiliated him (ala Kamala Harris) on the debate stage. I don’t understand what voters see in schmucks like Tim Ryan.

It looks like Ryan is leading by a fingernail in their race regardless of how often he puts his foot in his mouth during the campaign. It reminds me of the time Tulsi Gabbard humiliated him (ala Kamala Harris) on the debate stage. I don’t understand what voters see in schmucks like Tim Ryan.

And thankfully, President Biden did exactly what she wanted. Right Dan?

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Has anyone noticed how Biden got us out of the war in Afghanistan and within months (or was it weeks) got us in a war in Ukraine?

Has anyone noticed how Biden got us out of the war in Afghanistan and within months (or was it weeks) got us in a war in Ukraine?
That's totally different. Democrats fully support giving billions of dollars to suspicious characters if it's for a good cause, in this case regime change in Russia. Let that sink in for a minute.

That's totally different. Democrats fully support giving billions of dollars to suspicious characters if it's for a good cause, in this case regime change in Russia. Let that sink in for a minute.
Did you see where the NeoCon analyst said the US will probably need to stay committed to the war in Ukraine for decades? Sounds like Ukraine is the new Afghanistan for the American war machine. We can call it Afghanistan 2.0. Let’s go, Brandon!

Your focusing to much on Ryan. Vance is another horrible candidate. He has raised and spent very little money on the race. He also goes days at a time without actually campaigning. He just assumed that since Ohio was a red state it would be an easy win. Also been caught on some lies.

Ryan has been running with ads that never mention Biden or being a Democrat. Has even mentioned how he voted against the party in the past.

Your focusing to much on Ryan. Vance is another horrible candidate. He has raised and spent very little money on the race. He also goes days at a time without actually campaigning. He just assumed that since Ohio was a red state it would be an easy win. Also been caught on some lies.

Ryan has been running with ads that never mention Biden or being a Democrat. Has even mentioned how he voted against the party in the past.
I know you're not a Democrat and never have been, and as an independent voice you're merely trying to point out the mistakes of the "other side." Fine and dandy. Now comment on Ryan's gung-ho "let's be militarily engaged in every part of the globe," which this thread is about.

I know you're not a Democrat and never have been, and as an independent voice you're merely trying to point out the mistakes of the "other side." Fine and dandy. Now comment on Ryan's gung-ho "let's be militarily engaged in every part of the globe," which this thread is about.
Not everyone feels the way you and Tulsi feel about the use of the military or threat of using it.

As it directly deals with the senate race. It's not in most people's top ten issues for voting for someone.

Not everyone feels the way you and Tulsi feel about the use of the military or threat of using it.

As it directly deals with the senate race. It's not in most people's top ten issues for voting for someone.
I'm curious how you feel about the use of the military or the threat of using it. You a Tim Ryan fan?

Don't you find it amusing that Dan struggles so hard to give President Biden any credit when he does exactly what Dan claimed he wanted done?

Even his nighttime fantasy was able to thank Biden. Of course, she also endorsed Biden in 2020 too.

btw, we aren't in a war in Ukraine. And the President didn't start the war. Your hero Putin did when he invaded a sovereign country (something Putin Dan assured us all Putin would never do and Biden was just lying to even suggest it🙄).

I think our disgusting leftist poster from Florida lives in a fantasy world of his own design, carefully creating/perverting "facts" to fit his narrative, ignoring reality even when it takes a bite out of his ample ass.

ignoring reality even when it takes a bite out of his ample ass.
Says the poster who, again, assured us all that Putin wouldn't invade. That our government and Biden were being dishonest by warning that he would. Not to mention all the other crazy predictions he has made from the deranged fantasy world he lives in (Biden would be denied the nomination he won, Harris would replace Biden as the nominee after the first debate, etc.)🤣🤣

And dang, the person he thinks should be President actually endorsed Biden and said it was Biden that should be President! I'm sure Putin Dan tries not to think about this though. It would ruin his late night fantasies!

I'd be careful with Ohio polling. In 2020, Trump won Ohio by 8 points, yet RCP had it as a toss-up with Trump at +1. That's a +7 Dem lean in the 2020 polling for Ohio. You add 7 points to Vance numbers and its a comfy Republican win.

Reactions: DCandtheUTBand
I'd be careful with Ohio polling. In 2020, Trump won Ohio by 8 points, yet RCP had it as a toss-up with Trump at +1. That's a +7 Dem lean in the 2020 polling for Ohio. You add 7 points to Vance numbers and its a comfy Republican win.

For all I know Vance is just as bought and paid for by the war-making establishment of our government as is Ryan. But it is certain that Ryan is their lackey who will keep us "engaged" (militarily) until the Amercan people rise up and put a stop to it.

For all I know Vance is just as bought and paid for by the war-making establishment of our government as is Ryan. But it is certain that Ryan is their lackey who will keep us "engaged" (militarily) until the Amercan people rise up and put a stop to it.
I don't know the deep positions of either of the candidates, as I'm not in tuned into Ohio political figures. My post was more to caution that just 2 years ago, we were talking about Ohio, a reliably red state, potentially flipping blue based on the pre-election polling, when in reality it went solidly Red. And if the pollsters in that specific state and instance can miss by such a wide margin (7 points is a WIDE miss), just one election ago, why should anyone put much standing in the current iteration of the same polls?

Edit: Its worth noting that the 7 point miss was the RCP average of polls. A number of polls just prior to the election had Biden winning and missed by double-digits.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Vance supported withdrawing our troops from Afghanistan? I don't know and I can't find any reference that he made about this issue.

I'm curious how you feel about the use of the military or the threat of using it. You a Tim Ryan fan?
Yes the world should know we are ready to kick the shit in on anyone who ****s with us.

Dan are you ok with us spending money on new weapons technology like the Ruskies and China so we stay powerful? Seems like someone know we are behind this why Putin even acted up. Maybe we shouldn’t be funding wokism and clean technology and maybe we should developed a rocket with super sonic speed or a satellite missile system.

You either have the big toys and threaten the bully or you put the gloves on and hope to come out alive.

• Haha
Yes the world should know we are ready to kick the shit in on anyone who ****s with us.

Dan are you ok with us spending money on new weapons technology like the Ruskies and China so we stay powerful? Seems like someone know we are behind this why Putin even acted up. Maybe we shouldn’t be funding wokism and clean technology and maybe we should developed a rocket with super sonic speed or a satellite missile system.

You either have the big toys and threaten the bully or you put the gloves on and hope to come out alive.
The problem as I see it is we don’t develop weapons of war to keep other countries from fu**ing with us, we develop weapons so we can f**k with them. And no I am not okay with that.

The problem as I see it is we don’t develop weapons of war to keep other countries from fu**ing with us, we develop weapons so we can f**k with them. And no I am not okay with that.
Well we stood pat twice and both times the world went to war with itself. I think after WW2 we were never going to just stand by and I know a couple people who wish their love ones would have got the attention of the USA a little quicker and done something about Hitler before he murdered millions because of their lineage.

Humans will always fight. It’s our nature. The Bible tells us and why we think man will even be good I don’t know. Hell it took the Son of God just to get us to heaven.

My big complaint is we always do this stuff half ass instead of going in and doing the whole job.

Well we stood pat twice and both times the world went to war with itself. I think after WW2 we were never going to just stand by and I know a couple people who wish their love ones would have got the attention of the USA a little quicker and done something about Hitler before he murdered millions because of their lineage.

Humans will always fight. It’s our nature. The Bible tells us and why we think man will even be good I don’t know. Hell it took the Son of God just to get us to heaven.

My big complaint is we always do this stuff half ass instead of going in and doing the whole job.
I guess we read history differently. In the Korean War, for example, we bombed North Korea so thoroughly our generals had to report to Truman there was nothing left to bomb, much of its civilian population had to flee and live in caves to escape the destruction, they literally became cave men. That seems to be the tone of our war making ever since. There has been nothing half assed about our penchant for utterly destroying countries with whom we are in conflict.

I guess we read history differently. In the Korean War, for example, we bombed North Korea so thoroughly our generals had to report to Truman there was nothing left to bomb, much of its civilian population had to flee and live in caves to escape the destruction, they literally became cave men. That seems to be the tone of our war making ever since. There has been nothing half assed about our penchant for utterly destroying countries with whom we are in conflict.
My Grandpa will tell you how the people of NK acted during that time and his story doesn’t line up with yours. NK brought my gramps to God.

I agree with you in principle though that our military or politicians don’t fight like we should. War is ugly and the uglier it is early the more lives saved in the end.

Why didn’t we drop a nuke on NK? Why after we had just showed the great power in the world we made sure every knew it was bottled up. Then Russian stole the plans and got the same bombs.

why are we not offering to build nuclear power plants for Iran instead of letting them build weapons? We should strike or find a better way to change the outcome but just sweeping it under the rug breeds evil.

I am enjoying this conversation this AM though Dan.

According to the history I've read the North Koreans started the war by invading the South. Is it your contention that we should have done nothing and allowed North Korean aggression to go unanswered?

My Grandpa will tell you how the people of NK acted during that time and his story doesn’t line up with yours. NK brought my gramps to God.

I agree with you in principle though that our military or politicians don’t fight like we should. War is ugly and the uglier it is early the more lives saved in the end.

Why didn’t we drop a nuke on NK? Why after we had just showed the great power in the world we made sure every knew it was bottled up. Then Russian stole the plans and got the same bombs.

why are we not offering to build nuclear power plants for Iran instead of letting them build weapons? We should strike or find a better way to change the outcome but just sweeping it under the rug breeds evil.

I am enjoying this conversation this AM though Dan.
I have enjoyed it as well. But I’m going to have to cut it short as my wife as desgignated me to be a gardener today, relocating plants, planting new ones and spreading mulch. Ugh. I hate gardening.

Let me close by saying something I’ve said before. I do not know what led the US to conclude it has a moral duty to convert the rest of the world into our image. The USSR collapsed and we developed a hubris that is, guite frankly, sinful, assuming we have god-like power with god-like responsibility. And it has led us far off the moral path. The unspoken truth is we are in a drive for empire, and that is a recipe for eventual collapse, humiliation and retribution from those we have bullied. IMO the US defense posture should resemble that of a porcupine, non-interventionist and peaceful, seeking mutual trade, while having a pure defense mechanism that, as you put it, everyone knows not to f**k with. We have strayed from that path and it has brought us never-ending war, unceasing intrigue, and has cost myriad lives and treasure. And contrary to the results we have expected we have created multiple enemies around the world who seethe with hatred for us. Ukraine is merely the latest iteration of our game plan, only this time with nuclear weapons in play that might bring the end of all humanity. If that happens we won’t be alive to recognize the mistake and change our ways.

According to the history I've read the North Koreans started the war by invading the South. Is it your contention that we should have done nothing and allowed North Korean aggression to go unanswered?
Militarily, yes that is my contention.

Militarily, yes that is my contention.
I adamantly disagree with you on that. As the world's leading Superpower we can not sit idly by and watch countries take over other countries with military force. especially those countries allied with us.
Ukraine is different in that much like the Cuban Missile crisis we and NATO are seen by Russia as the aggressors by preparing first strike capabilities in a country only 200 to 300 miles from Moscow. The Russians made their intentions very clear they would not accept Ukraine admittance into NATO and we broke the promise made to Russia that NATO would not expand and encroach on Russia. With what information I have seen, I am of the opinion we are in the wrong when it comes to the current situation in Ukraine.

As the world's leading Superpower we can not sit idly by and watch countries take over other countries with military force. especially those countries allied with us.
Ukraine is different in that much like the Cuban Missile crisis we and NATO are seen by Russia as the aggressors by preparing first strike capabilities in a country only 200 to 300 miles from Moscow.
Two questions for you.

Why did North Korea invade South Korea?
Did we essentially attempt an invasion of Cuba before the Cuban missile crisis?

Two questions for you.

Why did North Korea invade South Korea?
Did we essentially attempt an invasion of Cuba before the Cuban missile crisis?
Because they had a nutjob leader in North Korea that wanted to reunite the country under communism by force.
No we didn't essentially attempt an invasion, we did and it was a huge failure. JFK screwed the pooch on that one. Then the Cuban missile crisis took place with Kennedy rightfully putting his foot down on nuclear missiles being place in Cuba. See any similarities as to whats going on in Ukraine?

Because they had a nutjob leader in North Korea that wanted to reunite the country under communism by force.
Yes, North Korea wanted to reunite their country that we and our WWII allies had divided. Also, the trusteeship plan fell apart (one reason being strong Korean opposition to it). After 1948, the two sides that we helped create claimed sovereignty over the whole peninsula.

So essentially, we helped create the mess in Korea that would eventually lead to the Korean War.

No we didn't essentially attempt an invasion, we did and it was a huge failure. JFK screwed the pooch on that one. Then the Cuban missile crisis took place with Kennedy rightfully putting his foot down on nuclear missiles being place in Cuba.
I completely agree with you about what JFK did in his attempted invasion of Cuba. It was a disaster.

So was the Soviet Union wrong to step in and support their ally by placing missiles in Cuba? Clearly, we had made and were making it clear that we were a direct threat to Cuba. We were not respecting Cuba's sovereignty. As you noted, we had invaded Cuba.

I think this clearly shows that we were in the wrong. We represented a threat to Cuba, who was an ally of the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union was perfectly justified to do what they did to support an ally who had just been invaded and was consistently being threatened by us (before and after the invasion).

Then JFK got played (privately at least) during the Cuban Missille Crisis. But that is another topic.

See any similarities as to whats going on in Ukraine?
Yes I do but not the similarities you claim. Russia doesn't respect Ukraine's sovereignty. Russia, led by Putin, invaded Ukraine. Not the other way around. Ukraine believes Russia to be a threat to them (clearly) and has sought support from other nations to balance this threat.

Yes, all of this does indeed sound very familiar to how we acted towards Cuba sixty years ago.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT