ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts from the left or middle of the political isle.

Mr.OSU

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jun 18, 2003
What are your thoughts on the recent surge of cancel culture? Do you believe it is a net negative or positive?

What are your thoughts on the recent surge of cancel culture? Do you believe it is a net negative or positive?

This country was founded on rejecting the system. Hopefully the libs over play their hand. If we keep going we will be trading DVD’s of “all in the family” on the black market.

Reactions: AC2020 and inspoke
I hate social media and the cancelling in general. Those that bend to social media pressure are cowards, unfit to hold office or leadership of any kind. This trend is dangerous in so many ways. A side-issue with cancel culture is blurring the lines of inappropriate for a position (Tanden) gets blurred with having an opposing view (Carrano).

I hate social media and the cancelling in general. Those that bend to social media pressure are cowards, unfit to hold office or leadership of any kind. This trend is dangerous in so many ways. A side-issue with cancel culture is blurring the lines of inappropriate for a position (Tanden) gets blurred with having an opposing view (Carrano).
110% agree.

Reactions: iasooner2000
The Cancel culture is about as unamerican as you can get. At one time we celebrated the freedom to hold different opinions even if those opinions held by others infuriated you. With the current leftist ideology, people must change their opinions to the same as those of the left or they will do whatever they can to destroy people's lives.

The Cancel culture is about as unamerican as you can get. At one time we celebrated the freedom to hold different opinions even if those opinions held by others infuriated you. With the current leftist ideology, people must change their opinions to the same as those of the left or they will do whatever they can to destroy people's lives.
Unfortunately the biggest change is the reaction to the nut jobs in society. Before social media you just had a crazy person call or email and you laughed them off. Now you have thousands of crazy people that bombard people over every little thing. They should just be ignored, but are instead given a platform to cause rushed change. The fact that people can do practically everything right and make one stupid statement to cause them to be deemed cancelled is insane. Heck they dig back into young peoples Twitter accounts from their teenage years to try and cancel them. I would bet over 75% of us of did or said something stupid at one point in our immature teen years that would get us cancelled from main stream society today. I think if Facebook and Twitter just went away we would be much better off as a society.

Reactions: TD_4OSU
110% hate it but it’s also not new in American history. We had an actual US Senator run an entire team whose sole purpose was to “cancel” people w any ties to communism. That’s the thing about politics and history, it all repeats itself. The pendulum will swing back.

110% hate it but it’s also not new in American history. We had an actual US Senator run an entire team whose sole purpose was to “cancel” people w any ties to communism. That’s the thing about politics and history, it all repeats itself. The pendulum will swing back.

agree with this but technology makes it far more widespread and destructive nowadays. I’m not a history buff, but whatever event corrected what you’re describing, multiply it times 42 to fix what’s going on now

agree with this but technology makes it far more widespread and destructive nowadays. I’m not a history buff, but whatever event corrected what you’re describing, multiply it times 42 to fix what’s going on now
That Senator got clowned in front of the whole country by a lawyer and it changed. We need to start clowning the “cancel” agents and turning the table on them. No party or ideology is beyond participation in the culture but it needs to stop. It’s so toxic that a trusted individual I know was told by his recruiter that he should probably pull his resume back because as a white male he would get zero traction in the current environment. Companies have zero interest in bringing in an executive that doesn’t add to their “diversity” no matter their qualifications. We are in an environment that companies are afraid to hire qualified individuals as they may get “canceled” and that’s just flat scary.

It will happen, eventually. It won’t be a certain event, but a trend. Most of the cancelling is a good thing TBH. You shouldn’t be able to say, do, treat people however you want without consequences. But, look at the “Me Too” movement, it’s a microcosm of what’s happening on a global scale. It started out w great intentions (Weinstein, Spacey, etc) but quickly got out of control and self corrected. McCarthy was embarrassed one time, but that didn’t end him. It started the decline and eventually phased out.

Reactions: CowboyJD
He died of Hepatitis and Alcoholism.

Last edited:
I loathe cancel culture.
Especially the one about canceling the white race.
That's getting personal.

Yes, my withdrawal symptoms from kicking Coca Cola are lessening every passing day. However, Pepsi still is pathetically bad, oversweetened piss water.

Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT