ADVERTISEMENT

This isn't getting near enough coverage

Marshal Jim Duncan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2013
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...l-affirmatively-furthering-fair-housing-rule/

"The AFFH rule “gives the federal government a lever to re-engineer nearly every American neighborhood — imposing a preferred racial and ethnic composition, densifying housing, transportation, and business development in suburb and city alike, and weakening or casting aside the authority of local governments over core responsibilities, from zoning to transportation to education,” as National Review’s Stanley Kurtz put it last week.

When then-Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Shaun Donovan first proposed the AFFH rule in 2013, Paul Compton, a housing law expert and partner at the law firm Bradly Arant Boult Cummings told the Weekly Standard it is “a real shift in emphasis from ensuring that the private sector and participants in federal programs don’t unlawfully discriminate to defining the existence of racially and ethnically ‘segregated’ neighborhoods to be in themselves a violation of fair housing.”
Under this new rule, Compton said, “if a neighborhood is not integrated in some vaguely defined ratio, then that in itself is a fair housing issue.”"

Reactions: Medic007
I doubt these rules will apply to Chappaqua, NY, Martha's Vineyard, Hollywood or Obama's Palm Springs.

The next step will be to mandate where one lives and in what size house and what amenities if one is getting a mortgage backed by FHA, Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae.

Portland has some of the most progressive land use/planning regs in the country which causes no grief to me...

It's interesting that Portland is the whitest city in the country and many say has only gotten whiter because of the land use/planning regs.

Personally I would prefer my kids go to school with a diverse group of people.

So red state Oklahoma City is more diverse than Portland? Those numbers must come from the Koch brothers. Diversity is not something known to conservatives since they are all rich white males.

Lol - very white bread in PDX - idea the urban planning has anything to do with is ummm well nonsense....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT