ADVERTISEMENT

This is where public education is going

Literally, thousands of people shared their experience on Twitter on this topic several years back. Do with what you will...
What I’ll do with it is blow it off as trivial buffoonery. If someone’s self esteem
Is so frail they can’t comprehend that they are being asked what is their ethnic nationality, and it offends their delicate sensibilities, their hypersensitivity is in desperate need of toughening up. How on earth can anybody turn a polite question from someone genuinely interested into something that offends?

What I’ll do with it is blow it off as trivial buffoonery. If someone’s self esteem
Is so frail they can’t comprehend that they are being asked what is their ethnic nationality, and it offends their delicate sensibilities, their hypersensitivity is in desperate need of toughening up. How on earth can anybody turn a polite question from someone genuinely interested into something that offends?
Because we live in a world where creating victimhood (faux or otherwise) grants social status and credibility. Simple as that.

I think you are correct. Regrettably this is an example where @davidallen can point to his team winning the culture war. I’m not sure why he would think this is a culture war win, but apparently he does.
Meh, probably because he’s a real life leftist caricature straight out of a Babylon Bee article.

What are ya gonna do?

giphy.gif

Sorry, don't do twitter. Maybe this is something you and yours actually struggle with? There's an awful lot of projection coming from you. It's not anything I've ever seen or heard.
One ironic thing about @davidallen and @Syskatine is they consider themselves to be avid critics of micro aggressions when virtually everything they write on this board is an intentional, smug and belittling micro aggression against those with whom they argue. Their entire MO is designed to attack the self confidence of anyone on Team Red. They are virtual professional practitioners of micro aggression that pretend they are the most SJW and woke critics of it.

Last edited:
One ironic thing about @davidallen and @Syskatine is they consider themselves to be avid critics of micro aggressions when virtually everything they write on this board is an intentional, smug and belittling micro aggression against those with whom they argue against. Their entire MO is designed to attack the self confidence of anyone on Team Red. They are virtual professional practitioners of micro aggression that pretend they are the most SJW and woke critics of it.
They aren't very good at it if that's the goal. They provide regular hilarity though.

One ironic thing about @davidallen and @Syskatine is they consider themselves to be avid critics of micro aggressions when virtually everything they write on this board is an intentional, smug and belittling micro aggression against those with whom they argue against. Their entire MO is designed to attack the self confidence of anyone on Team Red. They are virtual professional practitioners of micro aggression that pretend they are the most SJW and woke critics of it.

Where have I ever mentioned, much less criticized, micro-aggressions?

Dan, you just create facts for your arguments. Over and over.

I love micro aggressions. Just criticize Trump and the natives go nuts. I don't understand where you get these fantasies. Did you see something on TV about racial microaggressions, so you assume Dave and Sys are anti-micro aggression?

Reactions: davidallen
To be clear - this message board is NOT an aggression-free zone. Just want to be clear about that.
Oh, no one suggests otherwise. It’s ironic that you practice it with such zeal on this board while decrying it everywhere else. I’m just pointing out the irony. No one on this board feels the need for a safe space when you post.

Where have I ever mentioned, much less criticized, micro-aggressions?

Dan, you just create facts for your arguments. Over and over.

I love micro aggressions. Just criticize Trump and the natives go nuts. I don't understand where you get these fantasies. Did you see something on TV about racial microaggressions, so you assume Dave and Sys are anti-micro aggression?
Yeah, you’re right. I should not have included you in the mix. Please accept my apology. By the way, where are you REALLY from?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT