ADVERTISEMENT

This is how you handle cops that enter a church on a day of worship

Something is missing here. Anybody know why the police were there in the first place?

Something is missing here. Anybody know why the police were there in the first place?

I don't know the specifics, but I do read https://www.cbc.ca/news every day for family and business reasons. They are brutally enforcing ever-growing lockdowns and mask mandates up there. Take a look at their web site. It only takes a few seconds to get the idea of how crazy and woke things are up there. I'm so glad to be in Oklahoma.

I believe the guy was bent out of shape over the cops enforcing a mask mandate. My best guess after limited research.

I don't know the specifics, but I do read https://www.cbc.ca/news every day for family and business reasons. They are brutally enforcing ever-growing lockdowns and mask mandates up there. Take a look at their web site. It only takes a few seconds to get the idea of how crazy and woke things are up there. I'm so glad to be in Oklahoma.
“Strictly” might be a better word than “brutally” in this case. But I do understand the sentiment.

Reactions: CowboyJD
My best guess is they were there because they were ordered to go break up the service. And like the Gestapo before them they justified their behavior by telling themselves they were only following orders.

I refer you to the fourth verse of the great John Prine song, “That’s How Every Empire Falls.”

Last edited:
They were going to shut the service down.

Nazis.
I don’t know how you could conclude that. The lady with the purse who was trying to talk didn’t get a word in edgewise. She didn’t even look like a cop to me. Health department? Social worker? I don’t know.

I don’t believe Nazis would leave without incident when told to by the property owner. Calling them Nazis in this situation seems over the top to me.

Whatever dude. I guess it's only brutality if it happens to you for not wearing a mask.
While I don’t agree with the law, it was a lawful arrest. Take a moment to review the Rodney King tape if you want to see brutal behavior.

My best guess is they were there because they were ordered to go break up the service. And like the Gestapo before them they justified their behavior by telling themselves they were only following orders.

I refer you to the fourth verse of the great John Prine song, “That’s How Every Empire Falls.”

Again, comparison of these cops who left the building without incident is off base. Very unGestapoish, wouldn’t you agree?

I don’t know how you could conclude that. The lady with the purse who was trying to talk didn’t get a word in edgewise. She didn’t even look like a cop to me. Health department? Social worker? I don’t know.

I don’t believe Nazis would leave without incident when told to by the property owner. Calling them Nazis in this situation seems over the top to me.
You’re missing the point. The principle is the same: follow your orders no matter how egregiously they may offend sensibility. Were all those law enforcement people Nazis? No, of course not, not an actual Gestapo. They were, however, a potential prelude to the introduction to Nazi practice. Should the pastor have waited until actual Nazis showed up at his service? How would that have played out? Free people should nip things like that in the bud. The fact that none of us do nip it in the bud (at least most of us, me included) suggests we are not as free as we want to believe. How many steps away from police showing up to shut down a church service to Nazi tyranny do you suppose we are?

You’re missing the point. The principle is the same: follow your orders no matter how egregiously they may offend sensibility. Were all those law enforcement people Nazis? No, of course not, not an actual Gestapo. They were, however, a potential prelude to the introduction to Nazi practice. Should the pastor have waited until actual Nazis showed up at his service? How would that have played out? Free people should nip things like that in the bud. The fact that none of us do not nip it in the bud (at least most of us, me included) suggests we are not as free like we want to believe. How many steps away from police showing up to shut down a church service to Nazi tyranny do you suppose we are?
I’m not missing anything. I just think using words like “Nazi” and ”Gestapo” are out of line, that’s all. I feel strongly that if the police were there to shut down the service, that’s exactly what they would have done. Frankly, what was going to stop them, a pastor with an iPhone telling them to leave a place that is open to the public?

Nipping this sort of thing in the bud requires showing up on Election Day and voting for candidates who will enact laws that protect individual freedom. I never miss the chance to do that. Absent that, the only other way is to start shooting people. Voting is easier, so I’ll stick with that.

I recall that Governor Cuomo recently shut down church services in New York. He was sued and the courts decided in favor of the first amendment. And that was in the most tyrannical of states. Cuomo looked like an asshole for doing that. He looks like a prime candidate for a civil lawsuit for violating their freedom of religion. Would love to see that happen.

If you watch the other videos on the Facebook page I referenced earlier, it looks like the pastor is inviting a confrontation. Good for him. That’s how these things get resolved. I hope the Canadian people look at what’s going on around them and vote accordingly.

I’m not missing anything. I just think using words like “Nazi” and ”Gestapo” are out of line, that’s all. I feel strongly that if the police were there to shut down the service, that’s exactly what they would have done. Frankly, what was going to stop them, a pastor with an iPhone telling them to leave a place that is open to the public?

Nipping this sort of thing in the bud requires showing up on Election Day and voting for candidates who will enact laws that protect individual freedom. I never miss the chance to do that. Absent that, the only other way is to start shooting people. Voting is easier, so I’ll stick with that.

I recall that Governor Cuomo recently shut down church services in New York. He was sued and the courts decided in favor of the first amendment. And that was in the most tyrannical of states. Cuomo looked like an asshole for doing that. He looks like a prime candidate for a civil lawsuit for violating their freedom of religion. Would love to see that happen.

If you watch the other videos on the Facebook page I referenced earlier, it looks like the pastor is inviting a confrontation. Good for him. That’s how these things get resolved. I hope the Canadian people look at what’s going on around them and vote accordingly.
Vote kinda like we did last November? How did that work for us? Use the courts? Kinda like the Supreme Court not taking the cases where it was a slam dunk? I for one have less and less faith daily going forever on those two processes. I will keep voting and trying to get good conservatives in and voting out the John Cornyn Establishment republicans POS and using courts as best we can but other avenues also need to be explored.

Wyoming, I have made it clear in the past that you are my favorite poster on this board, but I have to say this reply is utter horse manure. Once elected officials (or unelected bureaucrats) enact a “lawful order” that is clearly beyond the scope of their power there is nothing people can do but resist. And hope that enough law enforcement officers refuse to provide the “muscle” necessary for the government to impose its will. Waiting for a vote to change the dynamic is poppycock. Once the precedent is established and the police have made it clear they are comfortable with enforcing tyranny the game is over. There is only one solution, a two pronged solution: citizens peacefully resist with all they have and police who have taken an oath to protect and serve their citizens recognize they are being asked to violate their oath, and thus refuse to carry out the so called lawful order. That’s how a free society should operate. It’s troubling and terrifying that our society does not.

Wyoming, I have made it clear in the past that you are my favorite poster on this board, but I have to say this reply is utter horse manure. Once elected officials (or unelected bureaucrats) enact a “lawful order” that is clearly beyond the scope of their power there is nothing people can do but resist. And hope that enough law enforcement officers refuse to provide the “muscle” necessary for the government to impose its will. Waiting for a vote to change the dynamic is poppycock. Once the precedent is established and the police have made it clear they are comfortable with enforcing tyranny the game is over. There is only one solution, a two pronged solution: citizens peacefully resist with all they have and police who have taken an oath to protect and serve their citizens recognize they are being asked to violate their oath, and thus refuse to carry out the so called lawful order. That’s how a free society should operate. It’s troubling and terrifying that our society does not.
Again, consistent with your anarchic belief system. And that’s fine.

Here’s my bottom line point. Canadian citizens have ceded a vast amount of their individual sovereignty to their government. This is what it looks like. Blaming the police solely for the problem is erroneous. The problem starts at the ballot box. The police are a symptom of the underlying issue.

Your solution is anarchy in law enforcement. I prefer treating the root cause.

Sadly, we are on the same road

I hope I’m not coming across as being angry. I’m not.

Vote kinda like we did last November? How did that work for us? Use the courts? Kinda like the Supreme Court not taking the cases where it was a slam dunk? I for one have less and less faith daily going forever on those two processes. I will keep voting and trying to get good conservatives in and voting out the John Cornyn Establishment republicans POS and using courts as best we can but other avenues also need to be explored.
OK, go start a war, then. I don’t miss an opportunity to vote. And I get to live with the consequences when my side loses. Just the way it goes.

If Sidney Powell settles her defamation lawsuit, then she had nothing to begin with.

Here’s my bottom line point. Canadian citizens have ceded a vast amount of their individual sovereignty to their government. This is what it looks like. Blaming the police solely for the problem is erroneous. The problem starts at the ballot box. The police are a symptom of the underlying issue.

It is not my intention to “blame the police” it is my desire to implore the police to not let this happen. If the people are so easy to relinquish their rights (and it seems we are that weak) the last line of resistance rests with them.

Last edited:
Here's more on what those Commie thugs did to this pastor in Calgary.

And oh by the way, what the police did was against the law.

In Canada, s. 176 of the Criminal Code makes it a crime to disturb a church service.
Do you know for a fact that the church service had started? Or maybe it had just ended? I don’t see evidence either way on that.

OK, go start a war, then. I don’t miss an opportunity to vote. And I get to live with the consequences when my side loses. Just the way it goes.

If Sidney Powell settles her defamation lawsuit, then she had nothing to begin with.
They didn't hear any of the cases- zero. The Texas lawsuit had tons of States and all the rule changing lawsuits. So if your vote doesn't count anymore and courts are corrupt- would love to hear anyone's answer. Sitting back and taking it doesn't sound great- civil war doesn't sound great if our police and military side with the dictators. But just so say go vote- we did that. CA been doing it for years and their votes haven't counted in some time- corruption my friend.

I'm looking for answers but you just can't say vote and take it to court- I think that ship has sailed- hope I'm wrong. I will for sure be In Line to vote and sadly I wasted lots of donations last year (that ship has also sailed).

My answer (until I hear better) is somehow to bypass DC (it's way too corrupted) and get states back to power. Then we can deal with the states better than we can the DC swamp. I don't know how but to me this makes sense- cause I'm not hearing any better ideas

Look at the beginning of that video. When the lady with the purse turns her back as she is going down the stairs, does her jacket say “health” on the back?

My answer (until I hear better) is somehow to bypass DC (it's way too corrupted) and get states back to power. Then we can deal with the states better than we can the DC swamp. I don't know how but to me this makes sense- cause I'm not hearing any better ideas
A convention of the states sounds like a winner to me.

Reactions: Ponca Dan
They didn't hear any of the cases- zero. The Texas lawsuit had tons of States and all the rule changing lawsuits. So if your vote doesn't count anymore and courts are corrupt- would love to hear anyone's answer. Sitting back and taking it doesn't sound great- civil war doesn't sound great if our police and military side with the dictators. But just so say go vote- we did that. CA been doing it for years and their votes haven't counted in some time- corruption my friend.

I'm looking for answers but you just can't say vote and take it to court- I think that ship has sailed- hope I'm wrong. I will for sure be In Line to vote and sadly I wasted lots of donations last year (that ship has also sailed).
I’m paying attention to Sidney Powell right now.

Look at the beginning of that video. When the lady with the purse turns her back as she is going down the stairs, does her jacket say “health” on the back?
The back of the vest on the big dude at the door, the one carrying a gun into the church, the last one out the door, clearly said “Police.” Just a subtle reminder that backup was there to enact brutality if the cop deemed it necessary.

It has never been my contention to blame the police. It has been my desire to implore the police to do their moral duty.

And for the record I’m not angry either, just passionate. Nothing that has happened in this thread has removed you from my list as favorite poster to read!

Reactions: wyomingosualum
The back of the vest on the big dude at the door, the one carrying a gun into the church, the last one out the door, clearly said “Police.” Just a subtle reminder that backup was there to enact brutality if the cop deemed it necessary.
My theory Is that the health department likely asked the police to accompany them to ensure nobody was endangered. The cops get asked to do that all the time in a variety of circumstances. Just a theory.

And oh by the way, what the police did was against the law.

In Canada, s. 176 of the Criminal Code makes it a crime to disturb a church service.
It‘s hard for me to tell because the pastor is being very loud, but I don’t think I heard any officer say anything. Officer #1 never even made it to the top of the stairs. Looks like any disturbing might have been committed by Ms Health Department while Officer #1 was trying to keep an eye on her.

Confirmed. Just watched that first video on a bigger screen. The front of her jacket says “public health inspector”.

More specifically, police power is the right terminology and covers all enforcement mechanisms of the government.

The fundamental right of a government to make all necessary laws. In the United States, state police power comes from the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution, which gives states the rights and powers "not delegated to the United States." States are thus granted the power to establish and enforce laws protecting the welfare, safety, and health of the public.

More specifically, police power is the right terminology and covers all enforcement mechanisms of the government.

The fundamental right of a government to make all necessary laws. In the United States, state police power comes from the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution, which gives states the rights and powers "not delegated to the United States." States are thus granted the power to establish and enforce laws protecting the welfare, safety, and health of the public.
OK.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT