ADVERTISEMENT

This is a really interesting article by a Harvard prof.

I’ll try again. David or pole-smoker, please “splain me” how the folliing question is racially biased:

Buses 1, 2, and 3 make one trip each day, and they are the only ones that riders A, B, C, D, E, F, and G take to work.

Neither E nor G takes bus 1 on a day when B does.
G does not take bus 2 on a day when D does.
When A and F take the same bus, it is always bus 3.
C always takes bus 3.

Traveling together to work, B, C, and G could take which of the same buses on a given day?

(A) 1 only
(B) 2 only
(C) 3 only
(D) 2 and 3 only
(E) 1, 2, and 3

Reactions: iasooner2000
I’ll try again. David or pole-smoker, please “splain me” how the folliing question is racially biased:

Buses 1, 2, and 3 make one trip each day, and they are the only ones that riders A, B, C, D, E, F, and G take to work.

C always takes bus 3.

Traveling together to work, B, C, and G could take which of the same buses on a given day?

(A) 1 only
(B) 2 only
(C) 3 only
(D) 2 and 3 only
(E) 1, 2, and 3
Answer mine first...

C

Last edited:
Your failure here is to acknowledge the inadequacy of the test in many cases. No one ITT is suggesting you grade on a curve. The suggestion is to minimize cultural bias in favor of optimizing on measuring relevant skills.

As the author says "The solution isn’t to look away from discrimination. It does exist."

What ever happened to the US being a melting pot of different cultures to become one? That was and should be the basis of our legal immigration system and our society.

Your failure here is to acknowledge the inadequacy of the test in many cases. No one ITT is suggesting you grade on a curve. The suggestion is to minimize cultural bias in favor of optimizing on measuring relevant skills.

As the author says "The solution isn’t to look away from discrimination. It does exist."
The author is saying racial discrimination exists, yes, but he also points out its existence on things like job applications and associated tests is minimal at best. I could be wrong but if I had to bet on it I’d bet the author knows much more than you about this topic.

I’ll try again. David or poke-smoker, please “splain me” how the folliing question is racially biased:

C always takes bus 3.

Traveling together to work, B, C,
Answer mine first...

C
I just did. And you just answered my question, albeit unwittingly.

Far be it for me to speak for @davidallen, but I think he would argue (and it would be legitimate IMO) that the average caucasian in America would come from a neighborhood, cultural and educational experience that more closely resembles that which is expected of success in such a test. I think that is a legitimate concern, but diluting the rigor of the test questions seems to me to be the wrong solution. The test exists to find those who are qualified to do the job.
Your last sentence tells me that the test is not biased in favor or against any particular race, but rather in favor of certain skills/abilities.

What ever happened to the US being a melting pot of different cultures to become one? That was and should be the basis of our legal immigration system and our society.
Yes. How do you have the same soup everyday if you are continuously adding new diverse ingredients. You make my point for me. The idea that the culture of the US has been or should not evolve is ludicrous.

melting-pot: a process of blending that often results in invigoration or novelty

Last edited:
Yes. How do you have the same soup everyday if you are continuously adding new diverse ingredients. You make my point for me. The idea that the culture of the US has been or should not evolve is ludicrous.
You happy with shit britches evolvement of our country? Don't shuck and jive, be honest.

melting-pot: a process of blending that often results in invigoration or novelty

The culture of this country has changed quite dramatically over the years and not in a good way IMO.

Of course you feel that way.
Do you honestly have trouble understanding why he and millions of others feel that way? Why don’t you open a tent city for Portland’s drug-infested homeless community inside your walled and gated country club neighborhood? Maybe it would open your eyes to what he is saying to you. It is truly mind blowing how reluctant you are to recognize your hypocrisy.

Do you honestly have trouble understanding why he and millions of others feel that way? Why don’t you open a tent city for Portland’s drug-infested homeless community inside your walled and gated country club neighborhood? Maybe it would open your eyes to what he is saying to you. It is truly mind blowing how reluctant you are to recognize your hypocrisy.

Do you have trouble understanding why righties - especially from Texas - using Portland as a crutch might seem chickensh!t-level hypocritical?

carry on

Do you have trouble understanding why righties - especially from Texas - using Portland as a crutch might seem chickensh!t-level hypocritical?

carry on
I do have such trouble. I wonder if you’re capable of explaining it in your own words.

carry on
Do these areas in Texas support and encourage homelessness? Leftist's cities and states do and refuse to do anything to solve the problem.

carry on
Only Clinton could pretend that the homelessness problem in Texas is comparable to the disaster that is California or Oregon, run by leftist idiots into the ground.

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
I’m not attempting to assign fault or blame, just stating what should be recognized as the obvious. A Latino baby born in a neighborhood in which Spanish is the predominate language and in which educational opportunities are comparatively diminished, for example, does not ask to face the circumstances he faces. But as I said the test requirements should not be diluted, it would be unfair to everyone concerned.
I love it when the discussion of racism in testing, particularly for African Americans, diverges to language barriers as the default example of differences in cultural upbringing.

I say pound new England states with buses all the way up to Maine, Vermont and new Hampshire. On down to Massachusetts, Connecticut and Delaware and New York. Then hit the west coast, Washington, Oregon and California. We've got plenty of busses down here in Texas. 🤣

I say pound new England states with buses all the way up to Maine, Vermont and new Hampshire. On down to Massachusetts, Connecticut and Delaware and New York. Then hit the west coast, Washington, Oregon and California. We've got plenty of busses down here in Texas. 🤣

And whoTF is paying for this: hint, hint, the taxpayers. Maybe a better idea would be to shut down the border.

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
And whoTF is paying for this: hint, hint, the taxpayers. Maybe a better idea would be to shut down the border.
You think yer taxes are bad now brother? I agree, shut down the border. But until then the yanks shouldn't be pushing their liberal policies at the sake of our southern states for their pompous personal interests imo. I say send as many busses as possible to their pompous communities and let them deal with them. Rollin Rollin Rollin, keep them busses Rollin!

Doug, Greg and Ron are doin the right thing imo. 👍

Last edited:

C always takes bus 3.

(A) 1 only
(B) 2 only
(C) 3 only
(D) 2 and 3 only
(E) 1, 2, and 3
Its obvious:
E and g are white supremacist who refuse to ride with B. B passes for white but claims to have 1/2048th African ancestry. All 3 agree B is black. E and G are in the closet as each are 1/128th African and secretly listen to Ye's music.
They hate themselves and flagellate nightly with the aid of their gay lovers.

G is a lesbian and refuses to ride with D who is a trans female because ze took her spot on the basketball team.

The whole question is full of ism and promotes ist. It is biased not to allow for the answers I provided.

• Haha
Reactions: Medic007
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT