ADVERTISEMENT

This Could Not Be Said Better

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
Why do so many of us have so much trouble understanding what’s right in front of our noses? Is it possible our ability to use common sense been “educated” out of us? This isn’t rocket science.

Why do so many of us have so much trouble understanding what’s right in front of our noses? Is it possible our ability to use common sense been “educated” out of us? This isn’t rocket science.

Ponca Dan ........Nail hit on the head here.

I’m not exactly sure what the point of this article is Dan. Public health is obviously a very inexact science, especially when you are dealing with a brand new virus and a once in a multiple generational pandemic. You make recommendations based on the information you have at the time and the trends that you see. That changes almost daily in a situation we’ve been in. Also, we didn’t have an overreaching federal response. It was very much a state by state, even city by city response. That’s probably why we had the issues we had in this country. Who would you have had us listen to BTW? Some group led by a quack “doc in the box” chain CEO and an orthopedic surgeon? Or just go on life as normal? I absolutely agree there was crazy overreach in certain situations, but, regardless of what your friend in this thread would tel you, we are dealing with truly unprecedented circumstances.

I’m not exactly sure what the point of this article is Dan. Public health is obviously a very inexact science, especially when you are dealing with a brand new virus and a once in a multiple generational pandemic. You make recommendations based on the information you have at the time and the trends that you see. That changes almost daily in a situation we’ve been in. Also, we didn’t have an overreaching federal response. It was very much a state by state, even city by city response. That’s probably why we had the issues we had in this country. Who would you have had us listen to BTW? Some group led by a quack “doc in the box” chain CEO and an orthopedic surgeon? Or just go on life as normal? I absolutely agree there was crazy overreach in certain situations, but, regardless of what your friend in this thread would tel you, we are dealing with truly unprecedented circumstances.
You made sense right up until you called this “unprecedented circumstances.” Unprecedented government overreach and grasp for more power? For sure. Never seen a pandemic before? No, humans have seen pandemics before.

You made sense right up until you called this “unprecedented circumstances.” Unprecedented government overreach and grasp for more power? For sure. Never seen a pandemic before? No, humans have seen pandemics before.
Humans have seen this before, yes. Very, very few people alive have seen one like this before. Please don’t diminish what this virus is doing.

Humans have seen this before, yes. Very, very few people alive have seen one like this before. Please don’t diminish what this virus is doing.
In my lifetime we have been told that merely being in the same building with someone with AIDS would kill us, there was no cure for this new disease and we were probably all going to die an agonizing death. Please don’t accuse me of hyperbole on this. The hysterics over AIDS was equal to Covid. The hysteria over Ebola was not as great, but very close. And yet humans were not subjected to anything like what government (as a whole, not just federal, I’ve never argued otherwise) has put us through in the last year.

You said you don’t get the author’s point. His point is that one-size-fits-all government mandates for “public health” are just as damaging to the public as every one-size-fits-all government mandate. There isn’t such a thing as “public health.” There’s only individual health and individuals should decide their own susceptibility. I couldn’t agree with him more.

Reactions: Tulsaaggieson
In my lifetime we have been told that merely being in the same building with someone with AIDS would kill us, there was no cure for this new disease and we were probably all going to die an agonizing death. Please don’t accuse me of hyperbole on this. The hysterics over AIDS was equal to Covid. The hysteria over Ebola was not as great, but very close. And yet humans were not subjected to anything like what government (as a whole, not just federal, I’ve never argued otherwise) has put us through in the last year.

You said you don’t get the author’s point. His point is that one-size-fits-all government mandates for “public health” are just as damaging to the public as every one-size-fits-all government mandate. There isn’t such a thing as “public health.” There’s only individual health and individuals should decide their own susceptibility. I couldn’t agree with him more.
It is my conjecture that Ponca Dan is acutely perceptive.

want an example of the stupidity "public health experts" possess? dumbass mayor of tulsa today said that the mask mandate and a few other pandemic related policies would be stopped at the end of april. all good right?
then he goes on to say restaurant workers and bartenders would still be required to wear masks. stupid MF.
what possible purpose could that serve.

Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT