ADVERTISEMENT

"There is no inflation"

22LR

Heisman Candidate
Dec 1, 2015
Okie dokie.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/george...-june-cpi-headline-head-fake/?sh=4489d86e76f4

From the link:

In Sum — There is No Inflation

If you’re keeping score, with these deductions we’re down to something under 2% for the adjusted price rise in June 2021 relative to June 2020.

Perhaps some of these adjustments could be further refined. Perhaps counter-arguments can be entertained. But my point is that by any meaningful definition of true inflation, the headline number is greatly overstated.

One more point. The monthly inflation scare headline is like that car alarm that keeps going off in the middle of the night when the garbage truck rumbles by. It is annoying, but we know that we don’t have to call 911 every time we hear it go off.

Last edited:
Instead of the convoluted math, they could just look at the change from 2 years ago to roughly remove the Covid effect (which seems to be the reasoning for all of the subtractions). That shows an annualized increase of about 3% over the last two years. Still the most since 2011.

Reactions: davidallen
Instead of the convoluted math, they could just look at the change from 2 years ago to roughly remove the Covid effect (which seems to be the reasoning for all of the subtractions). That shows an annualized increase of about 3% over the last two years. Still the most since 2011.
So much noise in the short-term analysis.

Oh, and I hate what Forbes has become. Too easy for anyone to post something and have it referenced as "I read it in Forbes".

Reactions: 22LR
Lets not pretend that Forbes doesn't have a vested interest in the Fed's easy money feeding the stock markets to even further gains. Inflation would lead to the tightning of QE and would likely lead to a significant (>10%) pull back in the market.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT