ADVERTISEMENT

The Trump-haters are chronically addicted to their rage

No doubt about it, I’m one stubborn SOB. I’m not going to change the way I write to satisfy you.

And at this point I think my work is done. I’ve managed to piss off every Trump loyalist on the board. As someone said earlier I’m just repeating myself. It’s apparent I’ve had my say. I seem to have upset a lot of feelers today!

I guarantee he will be back in this thread...

He is the king of "gonna give you the last word...."

BUT WAIT.....now I'm gonna give you the last word...."

BUT WAIT....

Ad infinitum
Ad nauseam

I don't. He sent Military communications via his google mail account. You can't spend 6 years whining about Hillary using personal mail, then let off a Captain of an aircraft carrier for doing the same thing.
As I said, if the Captain leaked the letter...

The Navy Sec Modly just resigned for his tirade in front of the crew.

No doubt about it, I’m one stubborn SOB. I’m not going to change the way I write to satisfy you.

And at this point I think my work is done. I’ve managed to piss off every Trump loyalist on the board. As someone said earlier I’m just repeating myself. It’s apparent I’ve had my say. I seem to have upset a lot of feelers today!
Would you call this a successful thread? You want us to post for your entertainment but don’t want to post for ours.

Oh, and I’m not upset in the least. I’m actually trying to have a conversation with you. But you seem to think a conversation is you talking at us and giving us orders; all the while, not listening to our feedback.

So you continue to be a passive aggressive wenis and we’ll continue to mock your lack of any semblance of actual communication.

You haven't pissed me off.
I still like you Dan, as far as you know...:eek:

"Rep. Adam Smith, D-Washington, accused Modly of wanting to impress Trump.

"When I listened to the speech that Modly gave -- he was trying to do a half a--ed attempt at a speech that Trump would have given," Smith said. "He's trying to figure out 'what would the narcissist do' -- people are trying to figure out how to lead when their example is someone who is not competent or capable."

Smith continued: "Look, let me just say that I have worked with Esper and Modly for a long time -- I think very highly of them, their skill, their competence and their ability. I see Trump's creeping inserting himself, like when Trump got involved with [Eddie] Gallagher. Trump is at the top of the chain of command. "

Here in lies the biggest issue....trans-morphing what someone said ( a congressmen no less) into garbage speak and the Trump whistle. Modly morphed his inner-Trump to give a speech he things Trump would approve of or even give.....wowza!

My dad use to say, "if your about to do something, anything...pretend I'm standing behind you." "If you still decide its okay, then you're probably on the right track."

The guy is obviously not a dummy or he wouldn't be the captain of a nuclear powered aircraft carrier...he did exhibit poor judgement though. Modly just blew it. Going to be interesting to see where this goes.

Last edited:
Please allow me to extend to you the invitation to participate in the experiment. In fact let’s open it up to all the posters on this board who view themselves as objective critics of Trump’s performance as President. Keep it to furious criticism of something he has done or said, no holds barred. Rip him a new one because on the one issue with which you disagree you think he is a blithering idiot. Don’t be afraid to say so! Show us how your defense of him is not based on your hatred of the Trump haters. Every one of you insist I‘m being an ignoramus, that I’m totally clueless in your personal case, that there are a lot of things you don’t like about him. Make a list! But don’t suppress your anger. Be like CowboyUp and express yourselves in the most pointed way. At the risk of sounding passive aggressive and thinking I’m morally superior I’ll say I doubt any of you can do it.

I didn’t lose my shit when Obama did things I vehemently disagreed with. Why would I when Trump does things I vehemently disagree with, such as childish exaggeration, retaining certain low character individuals from the prior admin, or repeatedly appointing and firing low character individuals in his admin?

I voted for him because I voted for SCOTUS appointments and the hope that his economic policy decisions would generally be conservative.

In the interest of full disclosure, I fully admit that I get some entertainment from him driving the far left crazy. But that doesn’t mean that I actually think that it’s the right thing to do.

The world isn’t binary, this board isn’t binary, and as was stated, trying to characterize the people here that way is short sighted.

Last point - I’d be willing to wager that 75% or more of the ‘binary’ posts here are trolls. Every passing day my estimate goes up.

I didn’t lose my shit when Obama did things I vehemently disagreed with. Why would I when Trump does things I vehemently disagree with, such as childish exaggeration, retaining certain low character individuals from the prior admin, or repeatedly appointing and firing low character individuals in his admin?

I voted for him because I voted for SCOTUS appointments and the hope that his economic policy decisions would generally be conservative.

In the interest of full disclosure, I fully admit that I get some entertainment from him driving the far left crazy. But that doesn’t mean that I actually think that it’s the right thing to do.

The world isn’t binary, this board isn’t binary, and as was stated, trying to characterize the people here that way is short sighted.

Last point - I’d be willing to wager that 75% or more of the ‘binary’ posts here are trolls. Every passing day my estimate goes up.
Trapped, good stuff there.
You are aligned with many here.

Keep on keeping on brother.

A brief thread hijack here. Back in my "first" OSU days (64-66) ROTC was required for the first two years.
We shot 22's in the basement of the old armory south of Lewis Field. We had a StaffSgt in charge of that
training, and the command was ready on the right, ready on the left,commence firing. I'll never forget
the day some poor bastard squeezed off a shot just after ready on the left and "before" commence. I've
never seen any ass chewing like that one!:D

Now, back to regular programming.
Dang JB, you're old as the original ten commmandments.
Therefore, we should defer.

I can't speak for Modly's tirade. But I know if I sent a message about the condition of my staff from a non-work email to my senior leadership that then got leaked to the press and lead to dozens of questions to my CEO and coverage on the nightly news, I'd be fired too.

Dang JB, you're old as the original ten commmandments.
Therefore, we should defer.

Defer for what? I was on the modified ten year program 2-4-4! Just check the dead Viet Cong stats for NAS Norfolk for the interim four years.....

LOL.

Nice dig. A subtle variation of the all critics of Trump (or XYZ) are just "virtue signaling"

I don't crucially or erroneously overvalue my own dedicated in between positions as a matter of virtue and enlightenment.

Those are just the opinions I hold.

If, however, someone...and there are plenty here...in fact, the majority here...can't or won't EVER criticize the actions of Trump...or can't or won't EVER give him appropriate credit when it is due...they are definitely engaging in that simplistic binary thinking that you claim others are engaging in.

First of all, yes it was a dig but a very tangential dig as Lt Dan was who I most had in mind.

B. You know I think a commitment to the mythical “middle” is an acquiescence to the leftward moving Overton Window. Anyone, like me, who ever stakes out a piece of land in the middle and says that’s it, I’m not moving - inevitably gets redefined eventually as something right leaning. Nowadays, that means Trump worshipper. Trump, a NewYork liberal / entertainment industry guy.

Secondly, I think this board is a lousy place to observe anyone’s personal criticisms of Trump or private acknowledgment of his success.

To that point, I know you didn’t specifically reference me, but speaking for myself as an example, let me ask you this - Do you think I’ll ever talk about my personal disappointment in anything Trump has done with morons who literally supported Russian collusion etc? Nope. I’m here to make them eat shit, entertain myself and deal with spam.

Its enjoyable to take a huge shit on the leftist propaganda with pro Trump propaganda. But here’s the thing... I do not believe that both propagandas are equally inaccurate. I don’t buy that dead center middle between the two is always where the truth resides. I think that can be a cop out. Sometimes. With some guys. Maybe not you. Maybe not Dan.

First of all, yes it was a dig but a very tangential dig as Lt Dan was who I most had in mind.

B. You know I think a commitment to the mythical “middle” is an acquiescence to the leftward moving Overton Window. Anyone, like me, who ever stakes out a piece of land in the middle and says that’s it, I’m not moving - inevitably gets redefined eventually as something right leaning. Nowadays, that means Trump worshipper. Trump, a NewYork liberal / entertainment industry guy.

Secondly, I think this board is a lousy place to observe anyone’s personal criticisms of Trump or private acknowledgment of his success.

To that point, I know you didn’t specifically reference me, but speaking for myself as an example, let me ask you this - Do you think I’ll ever talk about my personal disappointment in anything Trump has done with morons who literally supported Russian collusion etc? Nope. I’m here to make them eat shit, entertain myself and deal with spam.

Its enjoyable to take a huge shit on the leftist propaganda with pro Trump propaganda. But here’s the thing... I do not believe that both propagandas are equally inaccurate. I don’t buy that dead center middle between the two is always where the truth resides. I think that can be a cop out. Sometimes. With some guys. Maybe not you. Maybe not Dan.

Based upon my personal experience here, I don't buy your Overton Window analysis. What I see is when I criticize Trump, I get characterized as a "Never Trumper...leftie...pinko...etc." When I give Trump credit or agree with him on something, I get characterized as any number of the common pejoratives for die-hard Trump supporters. A prime example was my expressed opinions on the original immigration ban from predominately Muslim countries early in Trump's term. The very first ban, I stated that there were certain issues that made that illegal/unconstitutional. I got absolutely ripped by one side of this board. THEN, when the ban was changed....actually making the changes that I asserted were problematic...and I said that it was now legal/constitutional rather or not I agreed with it from a policy perspective. I got absolutely ripped by the other side of the board that had been cheering me on the day before.

I disagree that someone that has more moderate, centered, opinions inevitably gets redefined eventually as right leaning. I see both the right and left focusing and working hard on shifting that Overton Window in defining the more moderate, centered opinions as the "enemy". This board is absolutely prime example of the battle over the Overton Window. Besides, why do you give a f*&k about how you are "defined" based upon your honestly, truly held opinions. That doesn't sound like the Mega I know.

Secondly, I do agree this board is a lousy place to observe anyone's personal criticisms of Trump or private acknowledgment of his success. Furthermore, I think that is really the major problem I have with this board at this point. No you will never talk about your personal disappointment with anything Trump has done here....and that is unfortunate in my opinion. In fact, your refusal to do so at points has led me to consider the possibility that you really have become a TDS, type 2 sufferer. We hashed that out here, I get why you are here and what you are looking to get out of this board. At the same time, you're one of the guys here that I would value and seriously consider your "true" opinions and thoughts on issues of the day. I'm not getting that now, and that disappoints me.

I don't argue that dead center middle between the two is always where the truth resides. I also don't believe that I have claimed or conducted myself here as if I do. I try my damnedest to take the issues as they come, do my research, and reach a conclusion based upon the fact as I understand them...Overton Window or resulting criticism from the left/right be damned. This board is not an easy place to do that, and that is unfortunate IMO. Maybe I'm the naïve one or the one looking at the past here with rose tinted glass for wishing it was different.

Good talk.

The TL: DR: Don't buy the Overton Window analysis. Both left and right are trying to move that window. This board, for various and sundry reasons among the different regular posters, has fractured along binary lines. I don't like that, and miss the "old days" here. I'm probably naïve for thinking or wishing for it not to be fractured like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: MegaPoke
I know I personally miss the JD constitutional discussions. I learned a lot from those and changed my stances on a number of items based on threads straight from this board.

I appreciate hearing that.

I occasionally still do those when the spirit moves me. Honestly though, it's mostly just too damned hard to try that here now-a-days.

I appreciate hearing that.

I occasionally still do those when the spirit moves me. Honestly though, it's mostly just too damned hard to try that here now-a-days.
I'm not sure if you saw the Covid thread in the corral were I kept bringing up the topic. But kinda inwardly chuckled thinking back to similar conversations here. I was both disappointed and relieved that you didn't jump in on that Corral thread. It felt like I was arguing with the unarmed.

Although I was pummeling them in the debate; I didn't know if I was correct since I didn't meet any resistance.

I'm not sure if you saw the Covid thread in the corral were I kept bringing up the topic. But kinda inwardly chuckled thinking back to similar conversations here. I was both disappointed and relieved that you didn't jump in on that Corral thread. It felt like I was arguing with the unarmed.

Although I was pummeling them in the debate; I didn't know if I was correct since I didn't meet any resistance.

I saw it, and decided not to join.

The answer to the question is the commerce clause. There are cases that say the commerce clause gives Congress authority to regulate what would otherwise be purely intrastate conduct based upon the incidental effects on interstate commerce. Once was a medical marijuana case and one was a New Deal regulation on dairy production.

I don't think the Executive branch could do it on their own unless there had been a previous Congressional enactment granting him authority (like the tariff situation), but Congress definitely could constitutionally do it by legislative enactment. At least that's where the authority to do something would lie, and then it would be up to the courts as to whether the enactment was too broad and expansive by infringing upon other express constitutional rights.

I saw it, and decided not to join.

The answer to the question is the commerce clause. There are cases that say the commerce clause gives Congress authority to regulate what would otherwise be purely intrastate conduct based upon the incidental effects on interstate commerce. Once was a medical marijuana case and one was a New Deal regulation on dairy production.

I don't think the Executive branch could do it on their own unless there had been a previous Congressional enactment granting him authority (like the tariff situation), but Congress definitely could constitutionally do it by legislative enactment. At least that's where the authority to do something would lie, and then it would be up to the courts as to whether the enactment was too broad and expansive by infringing upon other express constitutional rights.
Sounds to me like my take was pretty on point. Maybe could be tweaked a bit. At least not fundamentally flawed. :)

Reactions: CowboyJD
I'm very close to black America. I watched the brothers all giddy after the "Messiah" came to power. Finally, the 50 year old mountain of promises by the Democrats would finally bear fruit.

Term one ended. Criminal reform was talked about but no action. Plantation cracker Clinton's "Three Strikes, You're Out" hit black America hardest.

Term two ended. Black poverty up, home ownership down. The Federal Bureau of Investigation tells me black on black crime set records.

Am I to be condemned because I'm all giddy about Trump? Trump didn't just talk criminal reform. He acted. Some projections see Trump getting 25% of the black vote in November. Just wow!!!

I'm very close to black America. I watched the brothers all giddy after the "Messiah" came to power. Finally, the 50 year old mountain of promises by the Democrats would finally bear fruit.

Term one ended. Criminal reform was talked about but no action. Plantation cracker Clinton's "Three Strikes, You're Out" hit black America hardest.

Term two ended. Black poverty up, home ownership down. The Federal Bureau of Investigation tells me black on black crime set records.

Am I to be condemned because I'm all giddy about Trump? Trump didn't just talk criminal reform. He acted. Some projections see Trump getting 25% of the black vote in November. Just wow!!!
Wow is right, good entree.

You know, the venomous Trump haters can take a lot of the credit for creating his defenders like me.
You haters don't differentiate one bit.
You hate us, his voters as much as you do him, and have said so in no uncertain terms.
We're too stupid to live, a quote I read on that ignorant platform, Twitter.
So, it's impossible to not take that personally, try as.I do.
You want to get along?
Try and make nice for a friggin change.

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT