ADVERTISEMENT

the team point

tim73034

Commitment
Mar 23, 2010
How was the team point lost? Ive heard that it was G and also heard it was the coaching staff..

How was the team point lost? Ive heard that it was G and also heard it was the coaching staff..
Nobody knows. I didn't know until I got home and a friend asked me about it. We ended session 2 with 97 points and we had 96 when I got home.

Why did G not wrestle the 7th place match?
That was an opportunity to pick up team points. 3 points were available in that match.
It was evident on Saturday night that it was going to be an extremely close team race. It would be really disappointing if we are leaving points on the table because wrestlers don’t want to make weight.

Asst. Coach. Not sure which one. Assume Zack or Chris since they cornered him that match.

Pretty sure it was Espo. The announcers mentioned he threw a chair (might have been a bit overdramatized) but that is what they said.

I will say, during the AJ match G was one of the guys in the background really being into the match with the team.

Pretty sure it was Espo. The announcers mentioned he threw a chair (might have been a bit overdramatized) but that is what they said.

The guys on TV were terrible. Like, they should have to sit in a room with John Smith and defend their commentary.

Partying all the time and wrestling are a bad mix for championships. I’m told a number on the team aren’t ‘focused’, not just G.

Great to enjoy the camaraderie, but he can do that as a fan or a towelboy. Don't put the team on your back if you can't handle the pressure and behave yourself. I noticed the bad attitude when he wrestled at 149. Body language tells quite a story. Hate talking bad about the kid when I've never met him, but there's a world of difference between G in the first year - going out, working to prove himself - and G the last couple years - almost like he "deserves" something and then gets mad when he doesn't get it. The coaches need to contain themselves too. Coaching arguably lost Daton the 1st NC title by not saving their brick, and it arguably lost this tournament with their outburst. Lots of other factors in both cases obviously, but dang sure is frustrating.
I will say, during the AJ match G was one of the guys in the background really being into the match with the team.

In his first round match, G and his opponent were stalemated with legs held. Espo was yelling for G to do something as G waited for the stalemate to be called. G started yelling back at Espo while holding the other guy’s feet. When stalemate was called, G walked over to Espo and they were in an animated discussion for a few seconds until the ref called G back to the center. Not a good look and G lost that match.

Hardell Moore is a Cowboy but on broadcasts has to watch for any bias. I also think he is a nice guy who goes along with directions his broadcast partner goes. Just my opinion.
Guarantee no one on this board would want to criticize Hardell to his face!

Reactions: tom_v31
I think they were better the second day, stopped as much banter back and forth and stuck to the event. The other guy was obnoxious...

I believe that was Hardell Moore

I thought it sounded like him, but they said two names and neither was Hardell.

If it was, he should be ashamed of how he called the Fix and Boo matches...seemed like pure hatred for OSU.

Hardell did not call the finals. He was on the multiview on ESPN plus during the other sessions. The finals on ESPN 2 were different announcers.....someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Hardell did not call the finals. He was on the multiview on ESPN plus during the other sessions. The finals on ESPN 2 were different announcers.....someone correct me if I’m wrong.
G had a staph infection in the knee and he medically forfeited. I guess you could say he had to have it when he entered the tournament so maybe could have wrestled and if he had won we would have one the tournament but I will not judge him for not wrestling. It was either Chris or Espo that got the team penalty.

G had a staph infection in the knee and he medically forfeited. I guess you could say he had to have it when he entered the tournament so maybe could have wrestled and if he had won we would have one the tournament but I will not judge him for not wrestling. It was either Chris or Espo that got the team penalty.
Good to know

Rock Harrison was the analyst for the finals. Same guy who did Bedlam a couple of weeks ago.

Hardell Moore is a Cowboy but on broadcasts has to watch for any bias. I also think he is a nice guy who goes along with directions his broadcast partner goes. Just my opinion.
Dave Marikitani, Terry Pack and Hardell were the 3 on Espn+. Rock "the whisperer" Harrison did the finals

I really enjoyed Hardell and Dave on the multiview. Good banter, clear enthusiasm for wrestling, intelligible terminology. The finals guy would say something like "he's got him in a seatbelt" and not elaborate any more. I love when I can learn about the sport from commentators without being too annoyed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT