ADVERTISEMENT

The Swing Set in Oklahoma

NipponPoke

All-American
Aug 26, 2002
Off the wall topic....

I've been in Oklahoma about six months now and I've been kind of surprised by the number of people that are saying they are, have tried or are aware of 'swinging' in Oklahoma. Not sure why this surprises me. Is swinging not that unusual of a deal here? Several people have made the statement 'you'd be surprised just how many couples are into it'. These are couples mainly in their late-30's/40s.

I'm curious what the overall percentage is of swinging couples vs. gay couples/homosexuals. According to a 2012 Gallup poll, 3.4% of Oklahomans identified as gay, lesbian, transgender. I'm curious if more than 3.4% of Oklahoma couples are into swinging.

I'm more interested in an actual nice, inexpensive swing set for my kids. So I was a bit disappointed when I clicked the link to this thread.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Just kidding. Just heard these comments in conversation. Found out an ex sis-in-law was pretty involved and heard interesting comments from friends.

I know of a couple who live in OKC. Fairly certain that they have been involved in such activities. They are in their early 50's now, and may no longer be involved, but were (supposedly) very active when in their 30's.

If it matters to you, I live in Dallas, and it is not all that uncommon for me to hear similar rumors about certain couples I meet in social settings. Maybe it goes on everywhere and is more common than we would think.

There's a long time employee at my workplace (in Oklahoma) that allegedly brought polaroids into work back in the 90s, showing his wife in action at one of these events. Maybe it was recruitment, or just bragging, I'm not sure. Oddly enough, he's currently pretty involved in church and charity type activities, not sure about the past though.

Not my thing but I know quite a few people who participate in that kinda thing in the metro area. Does seem to be a fairly popular activity at least compared to what I could have ever imagined it might be in the 30's and up demographic.

I guess the Internet has something to do with that.

I would say much like people who smoke pot, some people would be shocked at who does it and how common it is.

Not my thing either - but I have always wondered about something. Do threesomes (two chicks at the same time, man) count as being part of the "swinger set?" Or is that more of a Miller Genuine Draft genuine opportunity?

If not, is it the extra dong that makes it "swinging" or what? If you accidentally catch eyes with the other dude, do you high five? It seems like there would be some complicated etiquette.

Originally posted by MegaPoke:
I would say much like people who smoke pot, some people would be shocked at who does it and how common it is.

Not my thing either - but I have always wondered about something. Do threesomes (two chicks at the same time, man) count as being part of the "swinger set?" Or is that more of a Miller Genuine Draft genuine opportunity?

If not, is it the extra dong that makes it "swinging" or what? If you accidentally catch eyes with the other dude, do you high five? It seems like there would be some complicated etiquette.
Mega swinging to me is where two married people (wife and husband) switch partners with another couple. So threesome wouldn't count.

I think swinging is just any kind of open sexual relationship. I know there are swinger parties where it's singles, couples, or whatever.

I was "dating" a girl who asked me to go to one with her. I declined and from that point we just became friends.

She tells me about them every once in awhile. It's "interesting" to hear stories.

When I was living in Stillwater there were some pretty good rumors of a couple of OSU coaches around town. One would be easy to guess the other probably not.

I'm pretty sure the percentage of couples just cheating on each other is far greater then the percentage of actual swingers or gays You can't actually trust these surveys as most people don't "self-identify" as adulators. That not an official lifestyle just old fashion sin.

Originally posted by duke-of-earl:
When I was living in Stillwater there were some pretty good rumors of a couple of OSU coaches around town. One would be easy to guess the other probably not.

Eddie Sutton?

Ha ha, I opened this thinking there were swing sets in OKC at a great value.

There was a group in Amarillo that used to put announcements in the paper about "meet ups" to "join" or something of that nature. Apparently, a local church sent people to a meet up then purchased a large ad in the paper displaying several couples names in the paper calling them out as swingers. I've often wondered if it is more popular than is common knowledge, kind of like smoking pot mentioned above.

What in the hell is wrong with people??

I was born about 40 years too late I guess. I have done my share of drinking and whatnot, was pretty active in my single days lol....and other silliness, but I have never been able to understand "swinging" and open marriages. If you are that horned up, just stay single. Much less hassle of you want a piece of strange.

I guess some people are all good with that. Yeesh.

"Hey babe, the neighbors want to trade off for a few rounds....we good right?" How do you sit down to a meal after that with your wife and just pretend all is well....

I will stick to my hobbies. And being a nerd.

Our neighbors across the street are allegedly swingers - have a home on a greenbelt with big privacy fences on both sides....every few months they host parties where all sorts of odd folks show up (and many leave the next morning).

They are completely anti-social to the rest of the neighborhood, almost no communication, even friendly 'hi how are things' comments across the street. Seems like their entire social world is that bizarre club of theirs. Which is fine by me, b/c they aren't exactly strutting out hotties into these events.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT