ADVERTISEMENT

The Snake

OSU48

2nd Team
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
A question for some of you gurus out there . .. a Johnny Thimpson highlight video showed up while looking for another match and watched part of it and saw Johnny use the snake move against several of the top guys at the time like Moore of Iowa and Lewis of Minn. What dont we see it used some these days? What has changed or did Johhny just have a unique set of wrestling skills?

shane roller snaking luke becker in the 01 3rd place match

i was listening in my 94 ford ranger on a crackly 93.7 fm

one of jcarls greatest calls

One of our problems of late is we have not had good recruits become National Champs like Thompson and Pendleton since them. By my memory only great recruits have won a National Championship of late although Dean Heil could possibly rank in this category.
Harley, Johnny Thompson was not highly recruited. He was a state champion but had many close matches in High School. He blossomed in College and as the highlight reel shows he was an outstanding wrestler. Heil, of course was an outstanding wrestler and highly recruited. Since Thompson we have had several other highly recruited wrestlers that were multiple champions including Hendricks and Oliver. We just recruited the #1 recruit in the country in Dustin Plott. Arguably, Daton Fix was at the top of the list a year ago when we recruited him. I think history is about to repeat itself in the next few years.
"LETS GO POKES"

Harley, Johnny Thompson was not highly recruited. He was a state champion but had many close matches in High School. He blossomed in College and as the highlight reel shows he was an outstanding wrestler. Heil, of course was an outstanding wrestler and highly recruited. Since Thompson we have had several other highly recruited wrestlers that were multiple champions including Hendricks and Oliver. We just recruited the #1 recruit in the country in Dustin Plott. Arguably, Daton Fix was at the top of the list a year ago when we recruited him. I think history is about to repeat itself in the next few years.
"LETS GO POKES"
Oberebo, you mention about recruiting in the past, and how in the last few years the studs that are coming in, but you didn't mention about me behind the scene getting this all to happen! I'm now working on the training center problem, with the contacts I have and the big donors like you and HarleyCowboy, I feel this is going to happen sooner than later!
Trump-2.jpg

Reactions: osu2082
Oberebo, you mention about recruiting in the past, and how in the last few years the studs that are coming in, but you didn't mention about me behind the scene getting this all to happen! I'm now working on the training center problem, with the contacts I have and the big donors like you and HarleyCowboy, I feel this is going to happen sooner than later!
Trump-2.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT