ADVERTISEMENT

The Sense Of Relief Is Immeasurable

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
This must be how a gay person feels after he’s come out of the closet. I finally admitted out loud that I identify as a progressive, joining my fellow progressive, @my_2cents. Shockingly he didn’t appear to take the news well, insisted I am not allowed to identify as what I identify as, which is contrary to everything a progressive advocates, insisted I’m a right-winger! How can that be? On at least two issues he’s to the right of me! So maybe *he’s* the right winger! But that is of no consequence. I get to identify as a progressive if I want, and that means from now on every utterance I make will be a progressive utterance! I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my chest!

This must be how a gay person feels after he’s come out of the closet. I finally admitted out loud that I identify as a progressive, joining my fellow progressive, @my_2cents. Shockingly he didn’t appear to take the news well, insisted I am not allowed to identify as what I identify as, which is contrary to everything a progressive advocates, insisted I’m a right-winger! How can that be? On at least two issues he’s to the right of me! So maybe *he’s* the right winger! But that is of no consequence. I get to identify as a progressive if I want, and that means from now on every utterance I make will be a progressive utterance! I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my chest!
Seems sincere. I believe you.

Dan,
You won't be accepted by my 2cents until you list your pronouns!!

With our current inflation the past three years, is my 2 cents still accurate? Should he be my 1.28cents or .93 cents. I'm not good with math at my age.
It’s heartbreaking that he can’t accept me as one with him. But I probably shouldn’t be surprised. His progressivism is far right wing pro-war, mine is left wing anti-war. His progressivism is far right wing pro-censorship, mine is left wing free speech. One time I claimed he is not a progressive, he’s really an establishment Democrat and he argued there are degrees and various sects of progressivism. I didn’t understand at the time, but now I see he was right. He’s more of a right wing progressive and I’m more of a left wing progressive. But we’re both progressives because that’s what we both identify as. Life without definition is fabulous!

Reactions: 2012Bearcat
Welcome, Mundane Dan. I'll run over some knit hats and flower shirts tonight, we made an appointment for your tattoos tomorrow at 2:00 p.m., right when most of us are just getting up.

Reactions: Ponca Dan
Welcome, Mundane Dan. I'll run over some knit hats and flower shirts tonight, we made an appointment for your tattoos tomorrow at 2:00 p.m., right when most of us are just getting up.
At least there’s one “progressive” that welcomed me into the fold!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT