ADVERTISEMENT

The real source of Wikileaks info?

1. I can see the default narrative as long as there's a republican POTUS: "The media loves running with this because of their butthurt over losing." In the previous 8 years I do not recall anyone dismissing the conservatives' political points because of "butthurt" and make no mistake - it's been 8 straight years of nonstop butthurt. But I've read the "butthurt" anthem on here at least 2 dozen times to marginalize any point made by non-cons since November. The reason conservatives are saying that is because it distracts from the substantive issues. Trump worked with Russia? Butthurt. Screwed up with the Taiwan call? Butthurt. Defrauded his students? Butthurt. Cheated vendors? Butthurt. Grabbed women? Butthurt.

2. They hacked dems and Trump's opponents (but not Trump! Why?) and strategically released the emails to impact the election. Call it what you want. It's a foreign power (used to be an enemy - now we love them) that is manipulating our election process. Was it you that said we've fought wars over attacks on private property? Maybe it was OSUGD. Either way, we'll fight a war if someone attacks American private property, but if they steal and hack... well, hell that's just life. At least if it's Russia.

4. Nobody on the right gives a shit about corruption. "Nobody' is a bit much... nobody that voted for Trump. He's the most corrupt mf'er to come down the pike since Richard Nixon. He has cheated, bankrupted, defrauded, bribed, assaulted, lied, done everything corrupt that could possibly be done. There's not one area of his life where he's been honest.

4. What's wrong? Russia is aggressive, violent and oppressive. Do you really need to ask that? Plus, they're making us an enemy by hacking political candidateS and campaignS and trying to manipulate our elections and they are trying to reestablish the former Soviet empire.

5. Please tell me your source for Hillary wanting to get us in a nuclear war, or even a war with Russia. What's that based on?

Good grief that's a bunch of gibberish out of 1 mouth.

Reactions: poke2001
I understand that WL won't name their source, nor should they - but I think their 100% accuracy rep on their content would extend to statements made that may or may not one day be scrutinized for accuracy. The CIA has no such obligation.

Really?

You think batting 1.000 on accuracy of content disclosed would extend to statements about their sources?

Why?

If anything, I would think they would dissemble and deceive as to the sources of their content in order to protect those sources and continued access to them.

Really?

You think batting 1.000 on accuracy of content disclosed would extend to statements about their sources?

Why?

If anything, I would think they would dissemble and deceive as to the sources of their content in order to protect those sources and continued access to them.

Yes. I think it's much easier to just say they won't reveal their source. Completely unnecessary to say "It's definitely not Russia" if it's in fact, Russia. I consider that (not russia) bit to effectively be a story reported on their own story, and therefore yes I do believe their 100% content accuracy would be at stake for no reason if not true.

Reactions: ThorOdinson13
Yes. I think it's much easier to just say they won't reveal their source. Completely unnecessary to say "It's definitely not Russia" if it's in fact, Russia. I consider that (not russia) bit to effectively be a story reported on their own story, and therefore yes I do believe their 100% content accuracy would be at stake for no reason if not true.

Fair enough.

Follow up question.

Do you think we, as Americans, should accept his statements as verified truth and not do our own investigation of the truth of such statements...i.e., just consider the possibility of Russian involvement in Wikileaks a non-possibility in any investigation?

1. I can see the default narrative as long as there's a republican POTUS: "The media loves running with this because of their butthurt over losing." In the previous 8 years I do not recall anyone dismissing the conservatives' political points because of "butthurt" and make no mistake - it's been 8 straight years of nonstop butthurt. But I've read the "butthurt" anthem on here at least 2 dozen times to marginalize any point made by non-cons since November. The reason conservatives are saying that is because it distracts from the substantive issues. Trump worked with Russia? Butthurt. Screwed up with the Taiwan call? Butthurt. Defrauded his students? Butthurt. Cheated vendors? Butthurt. Grabbed women? Butthurt.

2. They hacked dems and Trump's opponents (but not Trump! Why?) and strategically released the emails to impact the election. Call it what you want. It's a foreign power (used to be an enemy - now we love them) that is manipulating our election process. Was it you that said we've fought wars over attacks on private property? Maybe it was OSUGD. Either way, we'll fight a war if someone attacks American private property, but if they steal and hack... well, hell that's just life. At least if it's Russia.

4. Nobody on the right gives a shit about corruption. "Nobody' is a bit much... nobody that voted for Trump. He's the most corrupt mf'er to come down the pike since Richard Nixon. He has cheated, bankrupted, defrauded, bribed, assaulted, lied, done everything corrupt that could possibly be done. There's not one area of his life where he's been honest.

4. What's wrong? Russia is aggressive, violent and oppressive. Do you really need to ask that? Plus, they're making us an enemy by hacking political candidateS and campaignS and trying to manipulate our elections and they are trying to reestablish the former Soviet empire.

5. Please tell me your source for Hillary wanting to get us in a nuclear war, or even a war with Russia. What's that based on?

1. You are just simply wrong. Look no further than how most of the MSM referenced the tea party. A bunch of butthurt losers upset over a black man being POTUS.

2. Super secret sources in the "intelligence community" came out and said Russia hacked both the DNC and RNC. And again, Wikileaks has said it was a DNC insider that released the information to them, not Russia. And curiously there are some with super secret sources in the "intelligence community" who say they've been told it was US intelligence that hacked them and released to Wikileaks.

3. Please, he's not even a quarter as corrupt as Clinton.

4. I don't care how Russia governs its up to the people of that country to change that if they wish. But let's go ahead and run with you having an issue with them being aggressive, violent, and oppressive. Odd you didn't take issue with all the aggressive, violent, and oppressive nations that game millions upon millions of dollars to the Clinton's. You didn't take issue with her support of taking refugees from an aggressive, violent, and oppressive culture which has been shown throughout history as not willing to assimilate and been violent toward its hosts.

4a. The US has meddled in foreign elections for decades. Meddled in Ukraine, had an authoritarian monarch placed in Iran, and I could go on. There are no signs of actual hacking of our election. That would insinuate actually affecting the voting machines. Even if you are right the worst they did was expose Dem corruption. We should thank them.

5. You could use google but I guess this Washington Times article will get you started. She's a war hawk plain and simple. Always has been. She's been on the wrong side of almost every major decision in my view. She's all about filling war profiteer pockets with cash.

I honestly think she may have been the most corrupt candidate in the history of this nation. So bad that Trump was able to beat her. Her, the DNC, and the lemmings that votes for her are to blame.

Fair enough.

Follow up question.

Do you think we, as Americans, should accept his statements as verified truth and not do our own investigation of the truth of such statements...i.e., just consider the possibility of Russian involvement in Wikileaks a non-possibility in any investigation?

Investigating it is 100% fair. The media narrative to make it the sole blame, confirmation bias, excuses and fake news however is where it all goes awry.

Fair enough.

Follow up question.

No way - just a gut feeling on my part. If you are asking me who I believe - Julian Assange or the CIA, I believe Assange. And frankly I don't mean that as a disrespect to the CIA. I'm fine with them basically being sneaky spies doing sneaky spy shit.

No way - just a gut feeling on my part. If you are asking me who I believe - Julian Assange or the CIA, I believe Assange. And frankly I don't mean that as a disrespect to the CIA. I'm fine with them basically being sneaky spies doing sneaky spy shit.

I'm kinda/sorta with you, or stated differently, a definite maybe. This entire narrative that (add your favorite Hillary loss excuse here) caused her to lose is self-reproducing strawmen faster than a whack-a-mole jedi could eliminate. We'll never know the "rest of the story" (RIP Paul Harvey), but we'll damned sure get a load of shit as filler.

Reactions: Medic007
Well are they dangerous or not? So you believe Putin over our own intelligence agencies, but Romney was correct that they're our biggest threat? Are you willing to discuss this?
Do you know what the term geopolitical foe means? 0bama apparently didn't. We can start there if you'd like.

Of course not. Russia hadn't hacked our election then. Korea, China, non-states, terrorism, isis, etc. all seem pretty dangerous too. I'm still not convinced they're our most dangerous enemy, particularly with Trump's apparent antagonism towards China.

But let's just assume I was wrong then and they really are our greatest threat. Should we trust Putin over the American intelligence community?

You are a special kind of special.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT