ADVERTISEMENT

The real reason Jay Leno was let go by NBC

So you're saying it's a lifestyle biz. Joe Rogan being the best example no doubt.
And, to be clear, family offices don't do lifestyle businesses. They are the same as institutional investors, just with only one client.

So profit in other words.

Why doesn't Fox or OAN snap up all that profit that is there for the taking and put on a conservative late night host on?

We do. If you would put it on FNC at 10 pm each night, Gutfeld! Is destroying in ratings against the other cable news programs at that time slot and very competitive with the Fallons, Kimmels, and num nuts on CBS. Check it out.

so naive.
Maybe they've already decided the culture war that you're fighting is over and they wouldn't increase the eyeballs on their shows or advertising dollars by continuing to fight it for you.

Maybe OAN or NewMax or somebody could start a late night comedy show.

We do. If you would put it on FNC at 10 pm each night, Gutfeld! Is destroying in ratings against the other cable news programs at that time slot and very competitive with the Fallons, Kimmels, and num nuts on CBS. Check it out.
Oh so no problem then

Reactions: CowboyJD
Sounds like he's got that demographic on lockdown and the Big 3 don't see much money to be gained from sacrificing some of their demographic to compete against such a powerhouse.

Market trends?

Sure seem to be.
"Market" is a broad term. But sure, financial, legal, political, social - all trends. Perhaps corporate America sees a tremendous upside potential in terms of a product market, but right now the risk of engaging in that market is too high compared to the potential rewards. Will it shift at some time? Maybe. A client of mine was considering the name for a business they were buying and although a particular name was ideal in their view, it could be abbreviated to something similar to MAGA. Despite that tenuous connection, it was enough to use a different name.

Last edited:
Reactions: CowboyJD
They all avg ~350K viewers

The Tonight Show went from 3.5MM in 2015-16 to 430K in the most recent.

It’s obviously about the free market and market share.

Reactions: iasooner2000
And, to be clear, family offices don't do lifestyle businesses. They are the same as institutional investors, just with only one client.
Yes. I understand that. I was being sarcastic.

The point is new media is a big business and there certainly are valuable entertainment enterprises raising capital on the backs of a roster of talent doing podcasts, video blogs, alternative media, et al. It is not a lifestyle business.

• Haha
Reactions: soonerinlOUisiana
They all avg ~350K viewers

The Tonight Show went from 3.5MM in 2015-16 to 430K in the most recent.

It’s obviously about the free market and market share.
I think what JD is saying is they think losing that large of a market share is worth not getting backlash for not playing the woke game. Frankly I’m surprised by that thought process as it seems the olds are the only people that haven’t already cut the cord. Probably why Fox is still killing it.

I think what JD is saying is they think losing that large of a market share is worth not getting backlash for not playing the woke game. Frankly I’m surprised by that thought process as it seems the olds are the only people that haven’t already cut the cord. Probably why Fox is still killing it.
you don't need a cord to watch the tonight show

Which hurts them more, the backlash from them being woke or fear of not pleasing the woke?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT