ADVERTISEMENT

The real reason Jay Leno was let go by NBC

AC2020

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2020
Parts unknown
News is leaking out from Hollywood executives in-the-know that the Obama White House had been leaning on, pressuring executives at NBC for the last two years to replace Jay Leno because the comedian was criticizing Obama every night. Obama didn't like it and considered it a racist attack on him.

After data came to light that $100's of millions had been spent on First Family vacations during a recession, Mrs. Obama's unpopular new laws that changed food in America's schools and other negative news including the disastrous Obamacare roll-out & website mess, Jay Leno took his comedy to a new level and his ratings skyrocketed -- none of the other comics were so bold.

NBC couldn't stomach the fact that Leno's jokes about Obama were always right on target about the first black president.. And left-leaning Democrat executives at NBC were being harassed by Obama himself who thought the comedy was a racist attack on him.

GOLDEN OLDIES FROM JAY:

"I was going to start off tonight with an Obama joke, but I don't want to get audited by the IRS."

On NSA surveillance: "We wanted a president who listens to all Americans -- now we have one."

On a new IRS commissioner: "He's called 'acting commissioner' because he has to act like the scandal doesn't involve the White House."

On closing the Guantanamo prison for terrorists: "If he really wants to close it, turn it into a government-funded solar power company. The doors will be shut in a month."

Concerning the Benghazi, Associated Press, and IRS scandals: "Remember in the old days when President Obama's biggest embarrassment was Joe Biden?"

On saying he didn't know about the IRS scandal: "He was too busy not knowing anything about Benghazi to not know anything about the IRS."

"The White House has a new slogan about Benghazi: Hope and change the subject."

"It's casual Friday, which means that at the White House, they're casually going through everybody's phone calls and records."

"It is not looking good for President Obama. Today his teleprompter took the fifth."

"Fox News has changed its slogan from 'Fair and Balanced' to 'See, I told you so!'"

On commencement address: "He told the young graduates their future is bright unless, of course, they want jobs."

On a Chicago man who set a record for riding a Ferris wheel: "The only other way to go around and around in a circle that many times is to read the official report on Benghazi."

On White House claims of ignorance on the scandals: "They took 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' out of the Pentagon and moved it into the White House."

Now the last and I think best..... "These White House scandals are not going away anytime soon. It's gotten so bad that people in Kenya are now saying he's 100 percent American."

There's A Lot Of Truth In Humor.

FWD: FWD: Fw: omg so funny FWD: Fw: FWD: Is this true??? FWD:
Ding ding ding!
tenor.gif

preposterous. A conservative comedian making fun of Joe Biden and the absurdity of wokeism would dominate the ratings. What little crumbs bill maher throws out makes every online forum I read.

The participants in that free market seemingly disagree with you. *shoulder shrug*

Maybe you should start your own podcast and see where it leads. *another shoulder shrug*

Considering those that control programming on different networks are mainly leftist they would never allow a conservative late night talk show or conservative sitcom to air. The conservative sitcoms that were allowed to air were all successful but canceled due to leftist not willing to allow a different viewpoint. The show Last Man Standing comes to mind.

Considering those that control programming on different networks are mainly leftist they would never allow a conservative late night talk show or conservative sitcom to air. The conservative sitcoms that were allowed to air were all successful but canceled due to leftist not willing to allow a different viewpoint. The show Last Man Standing comes to mind.
Yah the US media and entertainment market is becoming about as free market as the allowed communication in China.

Yah the US media and entertainment market is becoming about as free market as the allowed communication in China.
Crazy how consolidation and monopoly emerges from pure capitalism over and over again.

preposterous. A conservative comedian making fun of Joe Biden and the absurdity of wokeism would dominate the ratings. What little crumbs bill maher throws out makes every online forum I read.
hahahahahahahaha

HBO Exec A: We should hire Leno, Bill Maher is getting crazy buzz online when he throws crumbs
HBO Exec B: Really? Like on tik tok and snapchat?
HBO Exec A: Mainly on these forums for brain poisoned people who join militias
HBO Exec B: Well thats a lot of people right?
HBO Exec A: The biggest one has like 5000 active users
HBO Exec B: Well those 5000 people are all watchin HBO at least
HBO Exec A: Well a few of them do watch free clips on youtube, but mostly one person summarizes what Bill said and they just talk about it.

Last edited:
Conservatives have networks why don't they air successful late night talk shows or conservative sitcoms?

The participants in that free market seemingly disagree with you. *shoulder shrug*

Maybe you should start your own podcast and see where it leads. *another shoulder shrug*

what I’m saying is it’s obvious that profits aren’t the motivation.

I can’t start a podcast because you liberals are so nasty and destructive that my family would be threatened by the militant wing of the leftist party.

I can’t start a podcast because you liberals are so nasty and destructive that my family would be threatened by the militant wing of the leftist party.

Obvious to you, maybe.

Not obvious to the actual sellers in that market. They're selling ideas and entertainment, and have to keep in mind want sells the most and gets the most eyeballs.

You're gonna have to fight your own culture war instead of demanding that someone else do it for you, I guess.

Reactions: davidallen
Obvious to you, maybe.

Not obvious to the actual sellers in that market. They're selling ideas and entertainment, and have to keep in mind want sells the most and gets the most eyeballs.

You're gonna have to fight your own culture war instead of demanding that someone else do it for you, I guess.

Its funny you say that, but then when you look where "conservatives" vs. "Liberals" line-up in ratings, FoxNews crushes CNN and MSNBC combined. Then when you look at the top100 podcasts, there are easily a dozen 'conservative' political/comedy hosts listed. Yet, even though ratings for all the late night talk shows have tanked since Leno retired, and multiple networks have tried a slew of 'funny' liberals to try to save it, not one has tried to put a conservative host out there. If profits were the driving decision, here, then the conservative would have been tried, then discarded. But in this case, the conservative idea was discarded up front. Its not about profits. Its about message and simply avoiding the headaches and backlash that the left would foster on any network who supported this.

Obvious to you, maybe.
Not obvious to the actual sellers in that market. They're selling ideas and entertainment, and have to keep in mind *want* sells the most and gets the most eyeballs.

{You may have meant ‘what’ here instead but actually both work, maybe to varying and interesting degrees}

You're gonna have to fight your own culture war instead of demanding that someone else do it for you, I guess

Most assuredly and Obviously

• Haha
Reactions: CowboyJD
This: .Its about message and simply avoiding the headaches and backlash that the left would foster on any network who supported this.

Having some involvement in media company deals, I can say it is absolutely this. E.g., PE firms won't touch it in the current "cancel" environment. Some family offices will when it is their own money, but almost no current chance when it is other people's money.

Its about message and simply avoiding the headaches and backlash that the left would foster on any network who supported this.
So profit in other words.

Why doesn't Fox or OAN snap up all that profit that is there for the taking and put on a conservative late night host on?

This: .Its about message and simply avoiding the headaches and backlash that the left would foster on any network who supported this.

Having some involvement in media company deals, I can say it is absolutely this. E.g., PE firms won't touch it in the current "cancel" environment. Some family offices will when it is their own money, but almost no current chance when it is other people's money.
Can't argue with Capitalism, right?

Reactions: CowboyJD

Stop making excuses for why you just sit on your ass all day.

Stop making excuses for why you just sit on your ass all day.

how is not wanting the wrath of a mentally ill amoral mob making excuses? Must be nice for the nerds and the freaks to be the new fascists instead of the crusty old republican boogy man from the 90’s.

• Haha
Reactions: davidallen
Its funny you say that, but then when you look where "conservatives" vs. "Liberals" line-up in ratings, FoxNews crushes CNN and MSNBC combined. Then when you look at the top100 podcasts, there are easily a dozen 'conservative' political/comedy hosts listed. Yet, even though ratings for all the late night talk shows have tanked since Leno retired, and multiple networks have tried a slew of 'funny' liberals to try to save it, not one has tried to put a conservative host out there. If profits were the driving decision, here, then the conservative would have been tried, then discarded. But in this case, the conservative idea was discarded up front. Its not about profits. Its about message and simply avoiding the headaches and backlash that the left would foster on any network who supported this.
Here you go @HighStickHarry - you should get busy. I'll be your first guest so you can really get the crowd fired up.

So you're saying it's a lifestyle biz. Joe Rogan being the best example no doubt.

So profit in other words.

Why doesn't Fox or OAN snap up all that profit that is there for the taking and put on a conservative late night host on?
I mean look at Alex Jones and his loyal following. Those folk figuratively and literally buy anything he is selling.

Reactions: Syskatine
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT