ADVERTISEMENT

The many saints of Newark (Sopranos) trailer is out!!!!!

I didn't even know about this. As someone who has probably been through the series over half a dozen times, I just went from 6 to midnight.

I didn't even know about this. As someone who has probably been through the series over half a dozen times, I just went from 6 to midnight.

Yeah, and David Chase wrote it. Not just a random person. Just watching the trailer makes me want to go rewatch the series. James Gandolfini's son plays Tony which is awesome. I've seen that guy in stuff and had no idea who he was.

Reactions: osu2082 and nathajw
Brief cast summary:

Look forward to it. There's a lot to work with. Framework for story was laid out in flashbacks & references in Sopranos. Assuming it will include the big Poker game robbery & the truck heist Tony S. didn't show up for that Tony B. went to prison for. Heavy family angle I'm sure. Hopefully not too much Janice.

Bad reviews but what can I say I'll still be in the theater to see it tomorrow at 11:00 A.M.

I enjoyed it. It has some flaws but overall good. If you were a Sopranos fan its definitely worth your time.
Agreed. Plenty of insights into the origins of Tony S. Would watch more sequels detailing Tony's rise.

It definitely had the feel of part one of ?

Boss Jackie Aprilie is actually in the movie as a teenager too. I don't know if many caught that.

I'd like to see who became Boss after Moltisanti and how Jackie eventually ended up boss.

Boss Jackie Aprilie is actually in the movie as a teenager too. I don't know if many caught that.

I'd like to see who became Boss after Moltisanti and how Jackie eventually ended up boss.

I don't think either Dickie or Hollywood Moltisanti were actually the boss. My impression was that they were more Ralphie level guys, capos, who had their own crew. Same with Johnny and Junior. It was never clear what the exact relationship was but Johnny, Junior & Dickie were definitely equals and rivals. I don't think it was clear who the boss of the family was. In the opening monologue Chris refers to his father as an associates of the DiMoe crime family and a great earner, better than the made guys, indicating at that point he's not even a made guy.

Would also be very interested in the path Artie Bucco took. As a teenage he appeared to be Tony's closest friend & associate and right there with Tony & Jackie on the Mr. Softie raid. Unlike Tony his family isn't in the mafia and clearly does not approve of Artie's friendship with Tony.

Biggest question is how did Tony and Jackie rise above Silvio, Paulie & Pussy who were older and already active in the family. When the Soprano's opens Tony and Uncle Junior are rivals to succeed Jackie as boss at least in Juniors eyes. My guess is the next chapter would deal with the rise of Johnny & Junior and the development of Tony. i.e. the poker game robbery & the hold up that went bad that Tony didn't show up for. Tony B was reference in TMSON but never appeared.

I could see at least two more movies to feel in the blanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: CowboyJD
A little more background on the boss:

When The Sopranos begins, Jackie Aprile (seen here as a teenager helping Tony hijack an ice cream truck and later getting beat up by Tony at a phone booth) is acting boss of the Family, with real boss Eckley DiMeo serving a long prison sentence. Chase soon lost interest in the idea of a boss above Tony, even one behind bars, and the show stopped mentioning him; when I asked Chase about Eckley years later, he shrugged and said, “He died in prison.” But Chase himself winds up briefly playing Eckley in Many Saints; you can see him talking to Johnny and some other wiseguys at the funeral that takes place after Harold’s assault on Dickie’s nightclub.

Reactions: CowboyJD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT