ADVERTISEMENT

The Gentle Wave Of Tyranny Is Slowly Washing Over Us

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
We are watching silently as our government quietly grants more power to itself, more control over us. I am slobber knocked that half the population seems to be cheering and urging it on. How can they be so blind? And the rest of us whine and bitch and moan and sit on our hands, feeling helpless to turn the tide. I guess the thing that terrifies me the most is it seems those that have sworn to protect and serve have joined the dark side, have thrown in with the tyrants and are willing to be at their beck and call. I never would believe it if I weren’t watching it with my own eyes. (And the. crazy thing about it is they are cursed and derided by the very people whose orders they are willing to follow!)

We are watching silently as our government quietly grants more power to itself, more control over us. I am slobber knocked that half the population seems to be cheering and urging it on. How can they be so blind? And the rest of us whine and bitch and moan and sit on our hands, feeling helpless to turn the tide. I guess the thing that terrifies me the most is it seems those that have sworn to protect and serve have joined the dark side, have thrown in with the tyrants and are willing to be at their beck and call. I never would believe it if I weren’t watching it with my own eyes. (And the. crazy thing about it is they are cursed and derided by the very people whose orders they are willing to follow!)
Dan Do you think it's slowly washing over us or rushing like the snake river during rainy season?! I think it started slowly but now it's great big chunks of bend over and like it.

Dan Do you think it's slowly washing over us or rushing like the snake river during rainy season?! I think it started slowly but now it's great big chunks of bend over and like it.
I think it’s like Chinese water torture, one drip at a time until you’re in water over your head.

I am sure Dave will be by later, google it and say its not true.
I think libtards are ok with it because they think it doesn't apply to them. They just want your rights taken away while they do and say whatever they please. Don't think for a minute that if they started rounding up Conservatives and sent them to Camps that any Libtard would have a problem with it. I saw a lot of libtards on twitter calling for that to happen after Joe cheated and many saying Trump Supporters should be rounded up and punished for voting for Trump and should be reeducated.
Sound familiar? Sounds a lot like Nazi Germany no?
What a time to be alive.

I am sure Dave will be by later, google it and say its not true.
I think libtards are ok with it because they think it doesn't apply to them. They just want your rights taken away while they do and say whatever they please. Don't think for a minute that if they started rounding up Conservatives and sent them to Camps that any Libtard would have a problem with it. I saw a lot of libtards on twitter calling for that to happen after Joe cheated and many saying Trump Supporters should be rounded up and punished for voting for Trump and should be reeducated.
Sound familiar? Sounds a lot like Nazi Germany no?
What a time to be alive.
I agree with the premise of the OP, except it feels like a 1000 ft. tsunami.
We can go out fighting, or succumb like little bitches.
I'm fighting.
Great point. The Founders allowed states to exercise a lot of power. The civil war everyone talks about is being waged right this very moment, and it’s being waged by the states and without the use of firearms. The states leading the charge in the right direction are Florida and Texas, with the help of plenty of others. Texas will build the wall and other states will help secure the border and there’s not a damn thing Biden or anyone else will do to stop it. On the economic front, people are pouring out of left-wing crap hole states and flocking in droves to red states. Desantis says a majority of the newcomers will vote red when they get to Florida. (Florida is fighting to become a cryptocurrency capital last I heard. I hope it succeeds.) The blue shit hole states have just enough rope to hang themselves and hang themselves they will and the world will watch it happen. Bold red state governors are calling the federal government’s bluff and that was an inevitable outcome of the current attempts at federal overreach. Lots of examples: Florida eliminating CRT from classrooms, states overhauling election processes vulnerable to cheating, etc. Other states are stepping up in different ways. In Oklahoma, the Logan County Republican Committee voted to support Lankford’s primary challenger; the Osage County Republican Committee voted unanimously to censure both James Lankford and Jim Inhofe and will push such with the state GOP; and the Oklahoma GOP chairman announced he supports Lankford’s primary challenger. All of that happened just today, July 5th. More county committee actions to come. Opposition to Lankford is steamrolling at this point. Other states are undoubtedly dealing with their own swamp issues by working to send home gutless politicians and replacing them with Patriots. It was set up for them to do so and they are. The true fight has only just begun and it starts from the people and the states. In the case of the border, look what happens when states boldly assert their rights and take matters into their own hands. The federal government doesn’t do a damn thing.

Last edited:
Such drama without a single example that stands even simple scrutiny. Y'all enjoy your pity party.

Okay, here’s a quick example of what I mean. Law enforcement has been put into hyperdrive in an attempt to locate the Capitol rioters of Jan 6. Some people have been thrown in jail for weeks or months without charges being filed. A wall was hastily thrown up around the building and troops were stationed to protect the political elite who have been traumatized by the event. The damage to the Capitol was what? $30 million?

In the meantime following George Floyd’s murder there have been Antifa and BLM riots in several cities across the land, resulting in billions of dollars of property damage, a handful of murders. Police in places like Portland were ordered to stand down as they watched windows being smashed, businesses being looted and vandalized, Molotov cocktails being tossed right in front of them, and they obeyed the orders from a local mayor and city council that criticized their every move, sought to defund them, refused to charge the few law breakers that were arrested. They sat and watched mayhem break around them because they were ordered to, and they obeyed the orders in spite of their oath to protect and serve.

I suppose you’re right about this being a pity party. What I have been observing is pitiful indeed.

Okay, here’s a quick example of what I mean. Law enforcement has been put into hyperdrive in an attempt to locate the Capitol rioters of Jan 6. Some people have been thrown in jail for weeks or months without charges being filed. A wall was hastily thrown up around the building and troops were stationed to protect the political elite who have been traumatized by the event. The damage to the Capitol was what? $30 million?

In the meantime following George Floyd’s murder there have been Antifa and BLM riots in several cities across the land, resulting in billions of dollars of property damage, a handful of murders. Police in places like Portland were ordered to stand down as they watched windows being smashed, businesses being looted and vandalized, Molotov cocktails being tossed right in front of them, and they obeyed the orders from a local mayor and city council that criticized their every move, sought to defund them, refused to charge the few law breakers that were arrested. They sat and watched mayhem break around them because they were ordered to, and they obeyed the orders in spite of their oath to protect and serve.

I suppose you’re right about this being a pity party. What I have been observing is pitiful indeed.
That's different.

ZING!

Me Dan Or both? I think Dan's spot on- anyone thinks they still have freedom is fools gold (iron pyrite). Do hope to get it back but right now as Nazareth says....it's a "Gone...dead...train"

I think it’s like Chinese water torture, one drip at a time until you’re in water over your head.
We've lived under a soft tyranny for quite a few years now.

Dims love division, everybody has their own flags now, their own National Anthem, their own little freak show parades, their own little Month long celebration of themselves. We are supposed to be one Nation together but all we see from Dims is more and more division so they can chip away at our freedoms and the left just laps it up.

They want an ivestigation into Jan 6th but won't investigate the Chinese Virus and its origins. They won't investigate Antifa or BLM to see who is funding them. They tell us to wear masks, get the Vac. They tell us to wear a mask, then tell us to wear 2 masks and now its safe to take it off, now they say to people that have the Vac to wear a mask to protect those that don't have it.
People are waking up, they are losing their control over people so now what do they do, they are going after guns again.
It is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them that they have been fooled.

Much to discuss - but lets start with this one:

Who specifically? Surely you don't mean ZipTie Guy and his Mom do you? If not then who?
I don’t know who specifically. I don’t know who ZipTieGuy or his mother are. I only know there are reports that people have been in jail for a prolonged period of time without charges being filed. I would think if ZipTieGuy and his mother did something truly egregious they’d be charged. Your comment suggests you know they have not. But that’s merely an assumption on my part. It’s hard to carry on a meaningful conversation with you because you speak in cryptic code harvested from Google two minutes before you post. If you know for a fact that no one has been in jail for a prolonged period of time why don’t you just lay out your facts? Then we wouldn’t have to insult each other with meaningless blather.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I don’t know who specifically. I don’t know who ZipTieGuy or his mother are. I only know there are reports that people have been in jail for a prolonged period of time without charges being filed. I would think if ZipTieGuy and his mother did something truly egregious they’d be charged. Your comment suggests you know they have not. But that’s merely an assumption on my part. It’s hard to carry on a meaningful conversation with you because you speak in cryptic code harvested from Google two minutes before you post. If you know for a fact that no one has been in jail for a prolonged period of time why don’t you just lay out your facts? Then we wouldn’t have to insult each other with meaningless blather.
So no one then?

Maybe the best thing you’ve ever written on this board! (But, no, I’m not a plumber. I’m much worse: I sell vacuum cleaners.)
Our whole house system sucks. Just not enough. What can be done?
SIL with the wife joke in 3, 2, 1...

Last edited:
So no one then?
Back to the incredibly non productive banter - @Ponca Dan you assert as an example of government overreach that individuals apprehended in regards to the Capitol Riot have been held without charge for weeks or months. When asked who - you respond with "reports say that..." Can you point us to one of those reports so inquiring minds can look into this allegation?

While you doubt my motives, I sincerely would like to hear from you who you believe has been mistreated in that massive ongoing investigation. Please do help us all by backing up your assertion with some additional information.

Back to the incredibly non productive banter - @Ponca Dan you assert as an example of government overreach that individuals apprehended in regards to the Capitol Riot have been held without charge for weeks or months. When asked who - you respond with "reports say that..." Can you point us to one of those reports so inquiring minds can look into this allegation?

While you doubt my motives, I sincerely would like to hear from you who you believe has been mistreated in that massive ongoing investigation. Please do help us all by backing up your assertion with some additional information.
Ah, hell, David I don’t remember where I saw or read it. But I’ll see if I can find it somewhere. I gather from your response you are looking for names and how long they’ve been held without charges. I don’t know that I’ve heard of any names. But it appears your only objection to my OP is I didn’t provide specifics on people held for weeks or months with charges being brought. So can I assume if I provide any specifics you’ll agree with me that our liberty is being whittled away? Or do my specifics have you come from a Google-authorized “legitimate” source (read: left wing) before you’ll agree? I don’t want to waste my time only to have you flip-flop ala @Syskatine at the last minute.

Ah, hell, David I don’t remember where I saw or read it. But I’ll see if I can find it somewhere. I gather from your response you are looking for names and how long they’ve been held without charges. I don’t know that I’ve heard of any names. But it appears your only objection to my OP is I didn’t provide specifics on people held for weeks or months with charges being brought. So can I assume if I provide any specifics you’ll agree with me that our liberty is being whittled away? Or do my specifics have you come from a Google-authorized “legitimate” source (read: left wing) before you’ll agree? I don’t want to waste my time only to have you flip-flop ala @Syskatine at the last minute.
My objection is you have gotten yourself worked up into a lather
I am slobber knocked
over something you think you might have heard without any real sense of the truth of the allegation. Here is a list of the status of everyone arrested - maybe finding some real-world examples to get lathered up about or not would be helpful.
How can they be so blind?

My objection is you have gotten yourself worked up into a lather over something you think you might have heard without any real sense of the truth of the allegation. Here is a list of the status of everyone arrested - maybe finding some real-world examples to get lathered up about or not would be helpful.
Now was that so hard? Why couldn’t you do that in the first place? I’m not worked into a lather. Rarely do I get worked into a lather. This is a message board for people to express their opinions. That’s what I do, express my opinion. Which, by the way, remains unchanged as I watch the political and cultural deterioration of the society to which I belong. You apparently don’t see it. It seems I see it everywhere I look.

Now was that so hard? Why couldn’t you do that in the first place? I’m not worked into a lather. Rarely do I get worked into a lather. This is a message board for people to express their opinions. That’s what I do, express my opinion. Which, by the way, remains unchanged as I watch the political and cultural deterioration of the society to which I belong. You apparently don’t see it. It seems I see it everywhere I look.
You aren't slobber knocked? You said you were slobber knocked. Hyperbole?

Getting you to think a bit more about what slobber knocks you rather than relying exclusively on what you think you might have heard somewhere at some time is why I am here Danny.

You aren't slobber knocked? You said you were slobber knocked. Hyperbole?

Getting you to think a bit more about what slobber knocks you rather than relying exclusively on what you think you might have heard somewhere at some time is why I am here Danny.
I know I can always count on you to provide the latest in Google searches!

I know I can always count on you to provide the latest in Google searches!
And we can count on you to go with your "feelers" rather than actually doing any real work to understand an issue. Congrats Danny, you have not disappointed me. Well, actually you have, but at least you are consistent.

And we can count on you to go with your "feelers" rather than actually doing any real work to understand an issue. Congrats Danny, you have not disappointed me. Well, actually you have, but at least you are consistent.
If crushes my spirit that I may have disappointed the great Google God, @davidallen. I guess I’ll just plug along in my fantasy world knowing nothing I do could ever achieve the heights of intellectual discourse he has attained.

b444bbbd-e6a1-4ef1-81d4-c05484b4e7d5-GTY_1294932395.1.jpg

5 years incarceration sounds about right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT