ADVERTISEMENT

The future is now.....

osukev1988

Commitment
Jan 28, 2012
Well, when i shared the optimism a huge debate broke out. I love this team and what i am watching on the mat. We are exciting to watch and i applaud our team for the effort today. Huge shout out to kaid for bringing the poke swagger to the mat and getting his career off to a great start. Reminds me of when a freshman named cross kept going for the same move against kelly and won the match something like 13-12. my nickname for kaid is black ice because he is sneaky slick. One shirt pulled and will not be surprised if we see more by the time march rolls around. As always i trust the coaches to make the right decisions and still stand by my statement 35 here we come. Go Pokes!

Reactions: L8-agin
Well, when i shared the optimism a huge debate broke out. I love this team and what i am watching on the mat. We are exciting to watch and i applaud our team for the effort today. Huge shout out to kaid for bringing the poke swagger to the mat and getting his career off to a great start. Reminds me of when a freshman named cross kept going for the same move against kelly and won the match something like 13-12. my nickname for kaid is black ice because he is sneaky slick. One shirt pulled and will not be surprised if we see more by the time march rolls around. As always i trust the coaches to make the right decisions and still stand by my statement 35 here we come. Go Pokes!
What's the song, "I'm a believer". You hit it on the head Kev. I would say there was a lot of attitude adjustment in the room this week. We were ready to wrestle and I have to say OU was not. They looked very flat but that might be mostly because of US. Your first match in college and you take down the returning champ twice and pin him, that has to be a huge pump up for the confidence and could have fueled everyone. No one looked bad today and Austin Schafer showed good signs in our only loss. Jonce Blaylock was dominant in his win over the OU freshman who had been looking very good. Marsteller looked hit and miss but the main thing is he was more active in the third period then he was in the first. If were to be critical and I really do not think anyone wrestled poorly Klimara and Dierenger would jump to mind. Eddie is so much bigger than Milhof he should dominate him every time. Alex wrestled for a period and a half and then shut down. He looked tired and the weight pull must have got him today.
However, this is nit-picking and I just want to savor the win. As Mark Cody said in his post match interview we out-wrestled them in every position.

LETS GO POKES!!!

Obe, I agree about Klimara and Dieringer. Klimara has the ability to score major points at Nationals but he wrestles just enough to win. I told my wife when the Ringer entered the mat(she doesn't watch wrestling) to watch this guy, he is special. My wife replied following the match that he looked like our fourth or fifth best wrestler on the team.
Here is a question for the guys in the know. If the match had been close going into 157, would John have pulled Joe's redshirt?

Obe, I agree about Klimara and Dieringer. Klimara has the ability to score major points at Nationals but he wrestles just enough to win. I told my wife when the Ringer entered the mat(she doesn't watch wrestling) to watch this guy, he is special. My wife replied following the match that he looked like our fourth or fifth best wrestler on the team.
Here is a question for the guys in the know. If the match had been close going into 157, would John have pulled Joe's redshirt?
Joe's RS wasn't going to be pulled this week, Kaid was really pulled beginning of this week but he still had to wrestle to have it pulled. With Wyoming the only dual left until SS why pull Joes. Gives Chance some more times to adjust to 157. If Chance could keep improving during the season than lets not pull Joes yet. As for Kaid RS, we were aweful at 133 (Harding was hurt) with no hope this season except for Kaid. Chances had a good day, happy for him. Still hoping, moving forward, SS will sort it out.

And we could have won all 10 matches. I think we will see Preston at 197 soon. Nice to hear he is on the mend. Anxious to see how he does at Reno next weekend. Bet he wins. :).

I think chances third period today said a lot about his improved weight management. I think he will be the chance we hoped for very soon. He didn't look good trying to get off bottom though but so do most freshman.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
This looked like a totally different team than we saw last Sunday. A very different attitude for most of the guys, sparked by a couple of freshmen. This team will be a contender. The one from last week, not so much.

This looked like a totally different team than we saw last Sunday. A very different attitude for most of the guys, sparked by a couple of freshmen. This team will be a contender. The one from last week, not so much.

I loved it, the whole OSU bench was talking to each other, cheering, even Heil was on the side barking out instructions to various wrestlers in their match, the team looks good.

Agree with Poel on Heil stepping up as a leader. Dean commented on it after the NC State loss and was on the edge of the mat hollering at his teammates for most of this match. Proud as heck of Kaid and he's definitely the right choice at 133, but getting some leadership in the room may be an even bigger boost.

And we could have won all 10 matches. I think we will see Preston at 197 soon. Nice to hear he is on the mend. Anxious to see how he does at Reno next weekend. Bet he wins. :).
Right now, Preston is the third man in line at 197. Schafer is #1 in the room and has a good lead at 197. Marsden is really opening some eyes in the room and has bought into the program. Wouldn't surprise me if Schafer goes heavy next year and Marsden drops into the 197 spot. Unsung hero Nolan Boyd had a great dual at OU. Team really came together.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT