ADVERTISEMENT

The Expanse on Amazon Prime is coming back

Seems interesting. Can someone give a brief synopsis on what the show is about?

3 factions. Earth, Mars, and the Asteroid Belt (or Belters). Season 1 starts out with some discovery of some unknown molecule. Protomolocule I think is what they called it. A detective gets commissioned to find a girl who is missing and as he tries to find her he comes across this molecule. It turns out to be much more than anyone thought and it all goes to shit real quick.

Super well done science fiction. Good politics between the 3 factions; good characters and intrigue, and a really good plot.

The only actor I don't like is the old lady politician who's voice sounds like she smokes 3 packs a day.

IMO, one of the best things about it is that it feels like a realistic depiction of life on spaceships/other planets. The special effects are really good. The political struggles and philosophical differences feel realistic.

December 16 is Season 5.

Man Cowboy basketball and this all on my birthday. Remind me again do they drop the whole season at once or release one a week? This is a fantastic series and I can’t believe Sci Fi let it go. Had it come out on Prime or Netflix at first I think would have been more popular IMO.

So they dropped the first 3 episodes and the 4th just came out. Holy shit this season is bad ass.

Best season so far, IMO. Really looking forward to Amos' further adventures on Earth. One of my favorite parts of the book series.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
Think this season is translating much better for TV than in book form. Probably my least favorite book in the series but it's been stellar so far on the boob tube

Think this season is translating much better for TV than in book form. Probably my least favorite book in the series but it's been stellar so far on the boob tube

Understandable. It was a pretty big paradigm shift (and seemed like a gimmick), to divide the 4 main characters and send them on individual missions, with zero interaction with each other. I loved Amos' storyline in the book though (I'm always hooked by post-apocalyptic survival stories). On the show, I don't think the 4 characters have great chemistry with each other (at least not compared to when you can get inside their heads in the book), so sending them in 4 separate directions is not that big of a deal. Especially when you surround each of them with other characters that they have good chemistry with.

Man got busy and am behind a couple weeks I think. Glad to hear it is keeping its steam. Been a great season so far.

Just now starting this, 5 episodes in and it's very good. Glad someone brought this to my attention.

Reactions: Been Jammin
I read where it's been picked up for a sixth and final season. Going to be interesting how the decide to wrap things up when they have been so true to the main story arc so far.

I read where it's been picked up for a sixth and final season. Going to be interesting how the decide to wrap things up when they have been so true to the main story arc so far.
IIRC, the next book has to do with the MCRN ships that are currently allied with Marco Inaros. They go through the ring to a new planet and use the technology there to make super powered ships that dominate the current tech. My guess is that the next season will take place a few years in the future and will be about the good guys trying to find a way to defeat the new faction/technology. Once they do that, they can end the show with some Kumbaya narrative about how everyone is going to work together and allow free access to the rings and have a big diaspora and colonization of other planets.

Burned through the last few this week. I hate that there is only one more season. Really enjoy this show and love the books also. I just don't understand why it hasn't got more traction and been a bigger hit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT