ADVERTISEMENT

The Boys - Amazon

SSS!!!

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Apr 5, 2011
Season 2 comes out in September. Just released the full trailer. Looks incredible. **SPOILERS** if haven’t seen Season 1.

Reactions: Been Jammin
I started watching last night and stayed up way too damn late into the morning. I crashed somewhere in the middle of episode 4.

Love it so far, so thank you to everyone in this thread for the recommendation.
I think I’m gonna start it soon. Started “Hell on Wheels” on Netflix this evening and I think I’m gonna like that too.

I think I’m gonna start it soon. Started “Hell on Wheels” on Netflix this evening and I think I’m gonna like that too.

I thought I would like that one too. Didn’t take long before I was wondering why I was still watching it.

My advice. Skip it and go straight to The Boys.

Has anyone been watching along this season? Episode 7 came out tonight and it's fvcking nuts. Sucks that there's only one episode left this season.

Season finale was great. Several moments where you could see what was coming 30 seconds in advance, several moments where you thought you could see what was coming and something completely different happened.

One of the final scenes of the episode is absolutely nuts. You'll know it when you see it.

My wife and i watched season 1, started watching season 2, looked at each other and decided we needed to rewatch a couple of the last episodes of season 1. Really enjoy it.

Great show...both seasons.

Spoiler for the final episode of season 2....

So, when the kid fried Stormfront and burned off her hands/feet....He used his powers and directed it at her. I found it curious that his outburst of power didn't do anything to Butcher but knock him off his feet, and that it cooked Stormfront while lacerating the neck of Butcher's wife. I find the Butcher part logical (he didn't get the brunt of the blast and was knocked aside by the shockwave). The other part was a bit harder to explain, IMO. Not a huge deal, I was just curious if anyone else has a theory.

Reactions: CowboyPhil
I thought the injury to the wife was from Stormfront's death grip on her neck.

That makes sense. I guess she was blasted away from the wife, and took a chunk of skin/muscle with her. Then, the kid continued to blast Stormfront with his power, which resulted in her cooking like a steak.

Reactions: CowboyPhil
Finished the finale today before the game. Just an excellent season. This is easily one of the best shows on right now. Great twist at the very end I did not see coming. Can’t wait for Season 3!

Last edited:
Bump. First three episodes of season 3 came out overnight last night, so imma 'bout to binge them all starting in 15 minutes once the kids are in bed.

Watched a few trailers today - I forgot how badass of a character Billy Butcher is. Can't wait!

This is one of my favorite shows of all time. I don't know if they could have picked a better guy to play Homelander. The dude nails it.

A guy crawls into another dudes butt in the first episode of season 3. Turned it off after that and won’t turn it back on. My guess is they use that dude to kill Homelander though. I enjoyed the show to that point.

A guy crawls into another dudes butt in the first episode of season 3. Turned it off after that and won’t turn it back on. My guess is they use that dude to kill Homelander though. I enjoyed the show to that point.
Your guess is wrong. The butt scene was uncomfortable to watch, but that fits right in with the majority of this show.

If that upset you to the point of swearing off the show, you made the right choice. It would have only gotten worse for your sensitive sensibilities.

Last edited:
Just finished up Outer Range. Was going to proceed to The Boys. Thanks for saving me the trouble. Going to finish up Bosch, Goliath and Expanse instead.

Dude is too Homelander as Jack Gleeson is to Joffrey.
I never read "The Boys", so will accept that this guy is perfect for Homelander. However, I have to disagree on Jack Gleeson. In ASOIAF, Joff is tall and muscular with long blond hair and thick lips. Gleeson does a great job with the acting, but didn't fit the part appearane-wise (IMO).

I never read "The Boys", so will accept that this guy is perfect for Homelander. However, I have to disagree on Jack Gleeson. In ASOIAF, Joff is tall and muscular with long blond hair and thick lips. Gleeson does a great job with the acting, but didn't fit the part appearane-wise (IMO).

Oh I have the slightest idea what Homelander is supposed to look like. I was referring more to the fact that both characters are so evil, and the actors play them so well that people are just going to want to walk up and punch the actors when they see them in the streets.

Oh I have the slightest idea what Homelander is supposed to look like. I was referring more to the fact that both characters are so evil, and the actors play them so well that people are just going to want to walk up and punch the actors when they see them in the streets.
Ahhh. Got it. 100% agree.

Just finished. I love this show. Its so dark and you never have a clue what Homelander will do.

I found the dick hole antman thing pretty funny.
Absolutely loved this season. Finale wasn’t quite as good compared to the rest, but otherwise fantastic. Herogasm was insane haha. Antony Starr as Homelander keeps getting better and better.

As good as GOT (pre S8) was and as incredible as the acting was, the actors often did not match their characters descriptions. For instance, Robert was supposed to be almost as big as the Mountain. The actor was a fantastic Robert, but he did not match the books physique.

I like this show but the really gross stuff doesn't add anything for me. Had to look away at the scene mentioned.
I was in a lounge at the Chicago Airport watching it on my phone. Had to slouch down real low in the chair. Thank goodness it wasn’t on a laptop!

Reactions: CowboyJD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT