ADVERTISEMENT

The Bitter Pat Jones Doesn’t Disappoint

Chris 15

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2002
Just happened to have the radio on the Sports Animal in Tulsa as I drove to the dentist this afternoon.

Didn’t catch it all but PJ emphatically indicated he had no problem with the NCAA’s decision. Said the notion that the penalty should have considered the age of our players who will be punished was hogwash. Said Oklahoma State was being punished and that they are apart of Oklahoma State.

Also said, regarding the news conference yesterday, that he didn’t know if Boynton was a “cry on demand” guy but he knew folks who could do that!

Eric G brought up Arizona and LSU and neither G or PJ seem to understand that their respective alleged violations were so much more serious than the charge against OSU.

Jones kept repeating that Oklahoma State was culpable because they hired Underwood and he hired a crook.

Contrasted that with the new sports talk guys on AM 1170 in Tulsa. Jeremy Poplin (who I always thought might be a Golden Hurricane & OU homer) talked about how when he woke up this AM he just couldn’t get the bad feeling he had about the appeal denial out of his head. How unjust it was. The other guy on with him said the same thing. Said even some OU fans he knew expressed the same thing. I think even some OU fans, given truth serum, would admit admiration for Boynton.

Pat Jones needs to retire from radio.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.