ADVERTISEMENT

The Batman [2021]

Yeah, I have no real motivation to watch this movie. DC needs to go away for about 10-15 years and just let the bad taste go away. WW is ok but it's only watchable because Gal Gadot is amazingly beautiful and I'd watch her read an insurance policy.

Yeah, I have no real motivation to watch this movie. DC needs to go away for about 10-15 years and just let the bad taste go away. WW is ok but it's only watchable because Gal Gadot is amazingly beautiful and I'd watch her read an insurance policy.

100% agree.

Sums it up perfectly.

“hey I have a great idea...let’s do a dark, moody Batman reboot with a new actor”

Reactions: Been Jammin
Apples and oranges.

Daniel Craig isn’t intended to be Sean Connery. These DC films - with a few exceptions - are regurgitated every few years with minimal variance.
No it's exactly the same. Both Connery and Craig are James Bond.

Michael Keaton wasn't intended to be Adam West. Christian Bale wasn't intended to be Michael Keaton. Ben Affleck wasn't intended to be Christian Bale. Robert Pattison isn't intended to be Ben Affleck.

To prove a point, both Keaton and Affleck are going to be in the upcoming Flash movie -- both playing Batman.

IMO, it's not about regurgitating prior iterations of the same character.

DC just hasn't been good at making movies for a long time. Bless their hearts, they try hard. They've come close on occasion (WW was solid, not great, Shazam wasn't bad), but they have had a lot of failures since Chritian Bale played Batman (those movies were very good super hero movies, IMO).

Marvel had their fair share of duds for a while (Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Elektra, Punisher, multiple iterations of the Hulk), but they were able to find a formula of writers, directors, cinematographers, special FX, etc that worked, and they have produced some fantastic products under the umbrella of the MCU.

Reactions: Colorado_Poke
I don't really mind the reboots so much. A couple of the Batman movies actually had good directors and half-way decent writing. I just wish they would incorporate something original in the DC movie-verse. Let me guess, in 3 years another batman reboot and the villain will be Cat Woman.

I will say it looks better than I thought it would. But I have been burned before with these comic book movies. For example, everyone said WW was really good and I thought it was trash.

IMO, it's not about regurgitating prior iterations of the same character.

DC just hasn't been good at making movies for a long time. Bless their hearts, they try hard. They've come close on occasion (WW was solid, not great, Shazam wasn't bad), but they have had a lot of failures since Chritian Bale played Batman (those movies were very good super hero movies, IMO).

Marvel had their fair share of duds for a while (Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Elektra, Punisher, multiple iterations of the Hulk), but they were able to find a formula of writers, directors, cinematographers, special FX, etc that worked, and they have produced some fantastic products under the umbrella of the MCU.
Marvel has a new dud: New Mutants.

It stinks.

Marvel has a new dud: New Mutants.

It stinks.
To be fair, that’s not really “Marvel”. It was made by Fox and they have screwed up more XMen movies when they should be layups.

As for Batman. It might be good but I’m not holding my breath. I hope they make him a true detective like he is in the comics. They’ve hinted at that but didn’t really see it in the teaser.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT