ADVERTISEMENT

The Ayes have it...

I'm curious about what those that were in favor of the impeachment vote feel like will happen to improve our country as a result.

If it is as simple as, "he did it and deserves the public censure", so be it. If there is some other ground that was gained, I can't imagine what it was.

In summary: The Democrats impeached Trump for crimes Joe Biden committed.

Honestly, I'm very impressed Dems!

giphy.gif

Random thoughts and a question.

1. Every president in US history has abused his power. It.... seems to be something we don't fire them for.

2. Obstruction of Congress is literally their job if the house majority if of an opposite party. Separation of powers. Checks and balances.

3. If Trump is a clear and present danger, why is Pelosi sitting on the articles?

Reactions: Bitter Creek

1. Every president in US history has abused his power. It.... seems to be something we don't fire them for.

2. Obstruction of Congress is literally their job if the house majority if of an opposite party. Separation of powers. Checks and balances.

3. If Trump is a clear and present danger, why is Pelosi sitting on the articles?
6e8734dfe00c1b1d-2048x1024.jpg

Reactions: Pokeabear
I can dig this. But I will disagree with you on the last point. The more people win who... let's just say don't share our passion for Constitutionalism, the more it is in peril. There used to be a set of shared values and norms regarding natural rights and Constitutional values in this country, and within that paradigm, the republic was always safe. I don't think that's the case anymore.

I've yet to see anything in the impeachment proceedings or the Mueller investigation that was unconstitutional.

I've previously called out FISA courts as constitutionally suspect and ripe for abuse way back when it wasn't cool to do so.

If it's proven that anyone violated the law in the FISA court I say lock them up.

The market prefers gridlock

Not on high taxes or anything else that lessens corporate profits. Market is pretty agnostic towards Washington DC, all that matters is status quo going to hurt profits or is change going to help. Or vice versa. Typically the unknown brings uncertainty and hurts the market.

I had my annual financial review with my financial counselor yesterday, and he said next year the markets may be muted somewhat because of the unknown of the election. But if the election results in higher taxes and more regulations the market will drop. He prefaced saying that he was not making political commentary, simply the market cares about profits and not the person or party in charge. Always has and always will.

1. I don't know that I agree with this statement. There is also a question of degrees here.

2. You are conflating a legal term of art, "obstruction", to a more general meaning that doesn't apply. "Obstruction" of policy initiatives through legal means isn't the same thing as obstructing a legal initiated investigation or subpoena powers.

3. Agreed.

Not on high taxes or anything else that lessens corporate profits. Market is pretty agnostic towards Washington DC, all that matters is status quo going to hurt profits or is change going to help. Or vice versa. Typically the unknown brings uncertainty and hurts the market.

I had my annual financial review with my financial counselor yesterday, and he said next year the markets may be muted somewhat because of the unknown of the election. But if the election results in higher taxes and more regulations the market will drop. He prefaced saying that he was not making political commentary, simply the market cares about profits and not the person or party in charge. Always has and always will.

That is why the market prefers gridlock.

With gridlock you can predict that things likely won't change. If there is one party with absolute power, change will likely occur.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
1. I don't know that I agree with this statement. There is also a question of degrees here.

2. You are conflating a legal term of art, "obstruction", to a more general meaning that doesn't apply. "Obstruction" of policy initiatives through legal means isn't the same thing as obstructing a legal initiated investigation or subpoena powers.

3. Agreed.

by the way, happy birthday!

1. Mostly Sith deal in absolutes
2. No
3. If the trial is rigged by an openly partisan Majority leader and “Jurors” like Sen Graham who have repeatedly publicly stated their desire to dismiss before hearing witnesses why would you lose all leverage and send it to the Senate? Why is a fair trial so scary?

1. Mostly Sith deal in absolutes
2. No
3. If the trial is rigged by an openly partisan Majority leader and “Jurors” like Sen Graham who have repeatedly publicly stated their desire to dismiss before hearing witnesses why would you lose all leverage and send it to the Senate? Why is a fair trial so scary?

No offense, but the post isn't really directed at people who buy this as a legitimate impeachment. "fair trial" lol

If the trial is rigged by an openly partisan Majority leader and “Jurors” like Sen Graham who have repeatedly publicly stated their desire to dismiss before hearing witnesses why would you lose all leverage and send it to the Senate? Why is a fair trial so scary?
El lol! Of course they're not going to be impartial. You do realize that Republicans can't unsee the monkeys effing footballs impeachment clown show that Nadless, Schiffler, and Skeletor put on, right?

Reactions: AC_Exotic
El lol! Of course they're not going to be impartial. You do realize that Republicans can't unsee the monkeys effing footballs impeachment clown show that Nadless, Schiffler, and Skeletor put on, right?

So, you're waiting on El lol, bronze, emoji for his/her/it's usual mindless brain rot?

What I could never understand about Bill? He NEVER had to lie. All he had to do was say his marriage and his private life is private and that he is not discussing his private life. He should of said make of that what you want, but my private life is my private life. I agree with all of that, it is the stupid lie that gets you.

He should of said that and said he was never discussing it again and then never discussed it again. In hindsight Hillary would have never left him because he lied to her and embarrassed her in front of millions and never left. Be honest with your spouse, tell the public in a very polite manner where my dick is when it is in play mode is none of your business and that has nothing to do with my ability to govern.

So stupid, so easy to have avoided what happened to him.

None of my business who does what with who when it comes to sex. I have never cheated on my wife, never plan to. I think it is shitty to cheat on your spouse, but that is between you, your spouse, and your conscience (and some would say that god’s presence in man can be evidenced by the fact most men have a conscience).

What I could never understand about Bill? He NEVER had to lie. All he had to do was say his marriage and his private life is private and that he is not discussing his private life. He should of said make of that what you want, but my private life is my private life. I agree with all of that, it is the stupid lie that gets you.

He should of said that and said he was never discussing it again and then never discussed it again. In hindsight Hillary would have never left him because he lied to her and embarrassed her in front of millions and never left. Be honest with your spouse, tell the public in a very polite manner where my dick is when it is in play mode is none of your business and that has nothing to do with my ability to govern.

So stupid, so easy to have avoided what happened to him.

None of my business who does what with who when it comes to sex. I have never cheated on my wife, never plan to. I think it is shitty to cheat on your spouse, but that is between you, your spouse, and your conscience (and some would say that god’s presence in man can be evidenced by the fact most men have a conscience).

In his defense he had been lying about screwing chicks for so long I doubt he even considered a different strategy.

“The provisions say nothing about timing. Taken literally, they don’t directly say that articles of impeachment passed by the House must be sent to the Senate.”

I agree....and pointed out earlier.

“Strictly speaking, “impeachment” occurred – and occurs -- when the articles of impeachment are presented to the Senate for trial. And at that point, the Senate is obliged by the Constitution to hold a trial.

If the House votes to “impeach” but doesn’t send the articles to the Senate or send impeachment managers there to carry its message, it hasn’t directly violated the text of the Constitution. But the House would be acting against the implicit logic of the Constitution’s description of impeachment.“

Disagree and would assert that such reasoning isn’t support by the text anywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT