ADVERTISEMENT

Talk about chaos

SUPERPOKES

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
DFW
If Trump was killed, who would be the Republican nominee. Trump hadn’t even chosen his running mate, so Republicans- and literally the country - would be in a state of political limbo that the nation has never seen.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
There would likely have been an open convention. I could’ve seen someone like JD Vance or Marco Rubio winning that nomination. What a wild scenario. Thank God trump turned his head

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
What if it happens AFTER the convention? Then what? My initial thoughts: Nothing changes, Trump stays on the ballot, but the electors are freed from their commitment to vote for him and can vote for whomever they choose, should he posthumously win on Election Day. HOR very well ends up choosing the president.

Reactions: iasooner2000
If Trump was killed, who would be the Republican nominee. Trump hadn’t even chosen his running mate, so Republicans- and literally the country - would be in a state of political limbo that the nation has never seen.
We would have had bigger problems I believe.

Reactions: KCCowboy1
It would've helped the dems with the dumpster fire of a situation they currently have with the Kid Sniffer with dementia.

Those behind the assassination attempt were counting on spinning a different narrative today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT