ADVERTISEMENT

@Syskatine

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
I’m probably fooling myself but there has always been something about you that has led me to believe many of your comments on this board are not much more than trolling the MAGA crowd, that in large part you don’t necessarily believe the hateful things you're saying (I mean you believe it but some of the hate is more for show than anything else). Unlike @davidallen or @ClintonDavidScott, and certainly unlike @my_2cents, who seem to be true believers of all Democrat spin, even the part that is sheer tripe, I think I have always detected in you a deeply hidden objective side that listens to reason even when your emotions are screaming not to. I have long maintained that team members, regardless of which team they align with, will only listen to voices from their own team before they will question anything their team leaders do in their name. No amount of criticism of leftism from right-wing voices, for example, will ever carry the same credibility with the left-wing masses as hearing it come from one of their own. And even that is iffy, look at the reaction against Matt Taibbi’s reporting on the Twitter Files. Nevertheless you seem to me to be the only leftist on this board that might question leftist dogma in your quieter moments. That’s part of the reason - you’re part of the reason - I am always posting links from leftists that question policies and actions taken by leftist leaders. Unlike the right-wingers on this board, most of them anyway, I do believe there are serious and sincere leftists who deserve to be listened to with an open mind, people who propose things that are good for society. One of them is Glenn Greenwald. Glenn has a new “show” on Rumble called *System Update* where he often deplores the authoritarianism emanating from Democrats and leftists who have abandoned what have been traditional leftist values. His recent show has an interview with David Sirota, a muckraking “leftist” journalist who has done yeoman’s work on the failures of Mayor Pete at the Dept. of Transportation. I link to it here in hopes you will watch it. I wish there were more leftists like this. I’ve always thought you have potential to be one.

I’m probably fooling myself but there has always been something about you that has led me to believe many of your comments on this board are not much more than trolling the MAGA crowd, that in large part you don’t necessarily believe the hateful things you're saying (I mean you believe it but some of the hate is more for show than anything else). Unlike @davidallen or @ClintonDavidScott, and certainly unlike @my_2cents, who seem to be true believers of all Democrat spin, even the part that is sheer tripe, I think I have always detected in you a deeply hidden objective side that listens to reason even when your emotions are screaming not to. I have long maintained that team members, regardless of which team they align with, will only listen to voices from their own team before they will question anything their team leaders do in their name. No amount of criticism of leftism from right-wing voices, for example, will ever carry the same credibility with the left-wing masses as hearing it come from one of their own. And even that is iffy, look at the reaction against Matt Taibbi’s reporting on the Twitter Files. Nevertheless you seem to me to be the only leftist on this board that might question leftist dogma in your quieter moments. That’s part of the reason - you’re part of the reason - I am always posting links from leftists that question policies and actions taken by leftist leaders. Unlike the right-wingers on this board, most of them anyway, I do believe there are serious and sincere leftists who deserve to be listened to with an open mind, people who propose things that are good for society. One of them is Glenn Greenwald. Glenn has a new “show” on Rumble called *System Update* whermake te he often deplores the authoritarianism emanating from Democrats and leftists who have abandoned what have been traditional leftist values. His recent show has an interview with David Sirota, a muckraking “leftist” journalist who has done yeoman’s work on the failures of Mayor Pete at the Dept. of Transportation. I link to it here in hopes you will watch it. I wish there were more leftists like this. I’ve always thought you have potential to be one.

Dan. about 60.54% of my schtick on here is just mirroring right wingers. They lose their shit if you lampoon, spin, and do the same thing that they do.

I disagree with your characterization of the dave and .02. They are not a hive, we have disagreed on policy matters before, they just have a very hearty distrust of right wing politics, and have a pretty basic core of values that you probably would agree with if it wasn't in political context of this board. They never loved Hillary and stated so. They don't think Obama is perfect, or salute whatever democrats do. We liked different people in the primaries, none of us think Biden is some Lion or anything, we just agree that batshit, corrupt people shouldn't be in charge.

I have not kept up with twittergate, because it just seems like a different flavor of facebook's manipulation of voters with cambridge analytica or fox news molesting the truth on a daily basis. Wth am I gonna do if private enterprise picks a favorite? After 25 years of FOX lying on public airwaves why would private enterprise selecting favorite narratives even be newsworthy?

Twitter apparently acceded to demands from both campaigns. I'll look into your boy Glenn when I have the time.

Reactions: davidallen
Dan. about 60.54% of my schtick on here is just mirroring right wingers. They lose their shit if you lampoon, spin, and do the same thing that they do.

I disagree with your characterization of the dave and .02. They are not a hive, we have disagreed on policy matters before, they just have a very hearty distrust of right wing politics, and have a pretty basic core of values that you probably would agree with if it wasn't in political context of this board. They never loved Hillary and stated so. They don't think Obama is perfect, or salute whatever democrats do. We liked different people in the primaries, none of us think Biden is some Lion or anything, we just agree that batshit, corrupt people shouldn't be in charge.

I have not kept up with twittergate, because it just seems like a different flavor of facebook's manipulation of voters with cambridge analytica or fox news molesting the truth on a daily basis. Wth am I gonna do if private enterprise picks a favorite? After 25 years of FOX lying on public airwaves why would private enterprise selecting favorite narratives even be newsworthy?

Twitter apparently acceded to demands from both campaigns. I'll look into your boy Glenn when I have the time.
Sys, I have no expectation or desire for you to become a right-winger or a Republican. I’m neither of those things; it would be ridiculous for me to want you to. The hope I always have had for you is that you will pull away from the Kool-Aid when it gets handed out, make yourself as objective as you possibly can and come to your own conclusions independently. I do not see that as being possible with the other 3 I named, but there has always been something about you that has given me hope.

• Haha
Reactions: davidallen
And even that is iffy, look at the reaction against Matt Taibbi’s reporting on the Twitter Files

Dan, this stuff is exhausting. I'm not being snarky here, if I read Taibbi, did he characterize the Russian bots as an untrue fact?

Dan, this stuff is exhausting. I'm not being snarky here, if I read Taibbi, did he characterize the Russian bots as an untrue fact?
I don’t know. Do yourself a favor and read him and find out for yourself whether he answers your questions. You’d have nothing to lose but your own preconceived misperceptions.

I agree that it is exhausting trying to discover political truth. But what option do we have? Too many times we have to cull through a whole litany of lies from liars. But the worst thing we can do is make an emotional attachment to one liar and disregard what anyone else says out of loyalty based on emotion. That’s a failing all of us have, but it is important to fight against it as hard as we can.

Did you watch the interview?

Hell there were more former American intelligence officials interfering in the 2020 election than Russians in 2016, yet you and the other leftist buffoons continue to do your best there monkey routine.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Hell there were more former American intelligence officials interfering in the 2020 election than Russians in 2016, yet you and the other leftist buffoons continue to do your best there monkey routine.
Like monkeys at a banana festival. 😁

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT