ADVERTISEMENT

Super 32

TheJimReaper

Starter
Aug 23, 2018
Oklahoma
The Pokes will have three commits competing at the Super 32.

Brevin Balmeceda will be competing at 152 and is predicted to finish 4th.

Dustin Plott will be competing at 170 and is predicted to win.

Konner Doucet is competing at 195 and is predicted to finish 3rd.

Reactions: BrettOSU17
Chance McClane is also wrestling at 145 and he has won 2 matches 11 to 2 and 4 to 1.
Balmeceda looked much better his second match and won by tech fall 16 to 0. Doucet looked much better also winning 13 to 1. Plott won 11 to 3 over a guy Flo said would be won of the best early round matches. Also Jordan Williams won his second match by tech.(could be a future Oklahoma great).

Last edited:
Reactions: osu2082
Plott dominant in a 12-4 decision. Balmaceda gets stuck while winning late in the 3rd period. Was dominant and ragdolling his opponent most of the match. Looked like he had him stuck in the 1st but the ref didn't give it.

Balmaceda bounces back with a quick TF. Still can't believe he got caught in that last match.

Plott dominant in a 12-4 decision. Balmaceda gets stuck while winning late in the 3rd period. Was dominant and ragdolling his opponent most of the match. Looked like he had him stuck in the 1st but the ref didn't give it.
He was DQ while winning not pinned.The match was chippy from the start he had a few really hard mat returns and got called for 1 of them.Then with 10 to go he hit a double leg and planted the kid gave up another penalty point and the kid didn't continue.Looked to me that the get was hurt after the 1st mat return of the match

He was DQ while winning not pinned.The match was chippy from the start he had a few really hard mat returns and got called for 1 of them.Then with 10 to go he hit a double leg and planted the kid gave up another penalty point and the kid didn't continue.Looked to me that the get was hurt after the 1st mat return of the match

Gotcha. My feed stopped with like 37 seconds left and he was up 7-4.

I just watched Balmeceda wrestled Berge, and he finished the match casually and being cool. He was so close to being taken down. I didn't like his attitude in finishing this match.

McLane lost in the consos and was eliminated. Looked ok today but he needs some work on bottom, like a lot of guys at this age.

Cedeno out of NJ beat Tagg at 120. He looked good in neutral and on top. Hope our coaches are there and introduce themselves.

McLane lost in the consos and was eliminated. Looked ok today but he needs some work on bottom, like a lot of guys at this age.

Cedeno out of NJ beat Tagg at 120. He looked good in neutral and on top. Hope our coaches are there and introduce themselves.
Cedeno is a junior he's gonna be at
Bergen Catholic this year.He hasn't placed yet at the NJ state tournament

Cedeno is a junior he's gonna be at
Bergen Catholic this year.He hasn't placed yet at the NJ state tournament

First time I've seen him, thought he looked pretty good.

I think you're a northeast guy, what do you think of him as a college prospect? Also, any rumblings about Howard (or others) showing interest in the Cowboys?

A few things I noticed after checking Super 32 brackets:

Jordan Williams quarter opponent is Braxton Brown of Allen, TX who beat Dom Chavez in the state finals last year.

Figueroa of Selma, CA is rolling. Semi matchup against Schriever (Iowa commit) would be must see.

Daniel Cardenas of CO was reportedly in Stilly last weekend. In the quarters at 120 as a freshman.

Dom Serrano, #9 P4P in 2020, loses in round of 32 to Kevin Jack’s little bro.

Zeke Washinton of Owasso is a surprise (to me) quarterfinalist.

Gabe Tagg vs Wyatt Henson was a tough R16 match. Henson is going to be really good. Could the Caldwell connection be a factor for OSU? Probably not more than the many connections Sammy has built over the years.

Plott beat Derek Blubaugh who is most likely the grandson of Cowboy legend, Doug Blubaugh. I believe most of Doug’s kids still live in the Bloomington, IN area.

Doucet could meet good friend, Heindselman, in the semis and then friend Braxton Amos in the finals.

Cedeno (120) will be in the 3rd place match later against the guy that beat him on the championship side (Bouzakis).

We need someone after Picc graduates. I'm not sure Jet Taylor will still be able to make 125 then. Howard or Burks would be great if we can get one of them. We are going to need a senior/junior or a transfer.

Finals matchups are

106: Stevo Poulin vs. Drake Ayala

113: Greg D vs. Richard Figueroa

120: Sam Latona vs. Lucas Byrd

126: Shayne Van Ness vs. Ryan Jack

132: Beau Bartlett vs. Dylan D'emilio

138: Jaden Abas vs. Jesse Vasquez

145: Keegan O'toole vs. James Whitaker

152: Cam Amine vs. Connor Brady

160: Alex Facundo vs. Nick South

170: Dustin Plott vs. Patrick Kennedy

182: Abe Assad vs. Gerit Nijenhuis

195: Jacob Cardenas vs. Wyatt Hendrickson

220: Braxton Amos vs. Konner Doucet

285: Colby Whitehill vs. Aidan Conner

Reactions: Rdcldad
170: Dustin Plott vs. Patrick Kennedy - i give kennedy the slight edge because of his pure strength and hand fighting. top game is pretty good too. watching plott he is a relentless attacher but sometimes gets moved around a lot in hand fighting so thats why i give kenndy the edge.

220: Braxton Amos vs. Konner Doucet- amos here. doucet is a little undersized but has been handling himself really well.

Brevin loses to Santiago by a TD late in the 3rd 3-2. First guy to "beat" him this weekend.

Congrats to Brevin, Dustin, and Konner on placing at a super tough tournament. And Chance will get better in our room (Montana isn't exactly known as a powerhouse).

Anyone see someone they liked that is uncommitted? We should have some scholly $ available.

Obviously Amos would be excellent at 197. And I mentioned Cedeno earlier. He lost to Bouzakis (7-4 again) to finish 4th. Just a little too much horsepower for him. Anybody else stand out?

Very good tournament for Doucet and I don't think there will be any problem at all seeing him growing into a very good sized HWY for us. Lots of potential for an already high end wrestler. It was a fantastic performance from Plott who has incredible offense and is non stop. He has improved and looks like a future star.

Brevin all in all had a good tournament beating the 1 seed although he will be disappointed by his loss and finish. He is a very confident and strong wrestle who has a top game that will serve him well in college.

First time I've seen him, thought he looked pretty good.

I think you're a northeast guy, what do you think of him as a college prospect? Also, any rumblings about Howard (or others) showing interest in the Cowboys?
Howard to Okie St would surprise me.Getting Mastro will help them on the east coast no doubt about that.

Reactions: Wrassler17
Congrats to Brevin, Dustin, and Konner on placing at a super tough tournament. And Chance will get better in our room (Montana isn't exactly known as a powerhouse).

Anyone see someone they liked that is uncommitted? We should have some scholly $ available.

Obviously Amos would be excellent at 197. And I mentioned Cedeno earlier. He lost to Bouzakis (7-4 again) to finish 4th. Just a little too much horsepower for him. Anybody else stand out?
Richard Figueroa is only a sophomore wrestling 113 but we should start early recruiting him.

Richard Figueroa is only a sophomore wrestling 113 but we should start early recruiting him.

Figueroa did look good. So did another soph, Van Ness (Blair) at 126 (beat Busiello). And Facundo is a superstar.

I'm looking for upperclassmen that haven't committed yet. We missed on Kharchla, but I don't want that extra scholly $ to just burn a hole in our pocket. There's not much left in 2019. Vasquez & Serrano are still available in 2020 (and Burks). How about junior Logan Agin (OH) at 113? He took 5th.

Figueroa did look good. So did another soph, Van Ness (Blair) at 126 (beat Busiello). And Facundo is a superstar.

I'm looking for upperclassmen that haven't committed yet. We missed on Kharchla, but I don't want that extra scholly $ to just burn a hole in our pocket. There's not much left in 2019. Vasquez & Serrano are still available in 2020 (and Burks). How about junior Logan Agin (OH) at 113? He took 5th.

Accordaing to Flo, we are in on Julian Tagg and Braxton Amos.

2019 there does not appear much left unless someone jumps a level or 2 that isn't highly ranked. Losing Kerkvliet was a killer for our 2019 class. Maybe there is a juco or transfer somewhere. But scholarship money is very important and shouldn't be used foolishly. Everyone but Balmeceda recruited so far should be close to a walkon or get money for good grades etc.

The 2020 class is held in much higher regard among those who really follow this stuff.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us save it for another top 2020 kid or bigtime transfer.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
Kinda reminds me of "scared money don't make no money".

I agree you want to be smart with scholly $. My point is that sometimes good things don't always come to those that wait. You have to pounce. Especially with the new rules allowing juniors to take official visits. Unused $ doesn't earn interest.

The 2020 & 2021 classes are far stronger than the 2019 class. Nothing short of Kharchla was going to ease the sting of losing Kerkvliet (IMO) for 2019. The only guys (& questions) remaining are #14 Starocci (can he make 165?), #32 Jace Luchau (can he make 149?), and #66 Manibog (do the coaches like him better for 149?). So do you push for one now or hope a senior emerges (Preston was an April sign) or hold out for a possible transfer (Geo, Dakota, and Andrew were only available because their programs were in trouble)?

There will be huge competition for some of the 2020 guys that we like. PSU will go for Ferrari. tOSU will go for Amos. Iowa (& NC) are after Howard. Nebraska is after Burks. If the coaches see someone they like we should be super aggressive IMO.

Kinda reminds me of "scared money don't make no money".

I agree you want to be smart with scholly $. My point is that sometimes good things don't always come to those that wait. You have to pounce. Especially with the new rules allowing juniors to take official visits. Unused $ doesn't earn interest.

The 2020 & 2021 classes are far stronger than the 2019 class. Nothing short of Kharchla was going to ease the sting of losing Kerkvliet (IMO) for 2019. The only guys (& questions) remaining are #14 Starocci (can he make 165?), #32 Jace Luchau (can he make 149?), and #66 Manibog (do the coaches like him better for 149?). So do you push for one now or hope a senior emerges (Preston was an April sign) or hold out for a possible transfer (Geo, Dakota, and Andrew were only available because their programs were in trouble)?

There will be huge competition for some of the 2020 guys that we like. PSU will go for Ferrari. tOSU will go for Amos. Iowa (& NC) are after Howard. Nebraska is after Burks. If the coaches see someone they like we should be super aggressive IMO.

Keep in mind that athletes are now free to transfer without penalty. That may change the calculus.

Reactions: osu2082
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT