ADVERTISEMENT

Super 32

oberebo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2005
Shawnee,OK
Super 32 is loaded at every weight this year. Wrestlers with connection to OK State or Stillwater include:
132 Cael Hughes seeded 4th and this weight has 9 of the ten top ranked wrestlers including #1Nasir Bailey,#2 Sergio Lemley, #5Grigor Chalkyan, #6 Kyler Larkin, #7 Brock Montanoah,#8 Maddox Shaw, #9 Vincent Robinson,#10 Alesandro Nini.
145 #4 Kael Voinovich, # 19 Kody Routledges Edmond North.
152 #1 Ladarion Lockett
182 #1 Brayden Thompson, #5 AJ Heeg

Super 32 is loaded at every weight this year. Wrestlers with connection to OK State or Stillwater include:
132 Cael Hughes seeded 4th and this weight has 9 of the ten top ranked wrestlers including #1Nasir Bailey,#2 Sergio Lemley, #5Grigor Chalkyan, #6 Kyler Larkin, #7 Brock Montanoah,#8 Maddox Shaw, #9 Vincent Robinson,#10 Alesandro Nini.
145 #4 Kael Voinovich, # 19 Kody Routledges Edmond North.
152 #1 Ladarion Lockett
182 #1 Brayden Thompson, #5 AJ Heeg
I was looking forward to watch Hughes wrestle, but Willie says he pulled out yesterday on his show.

I was looking forward to watch Hughes wrestle, but Willie says he pulled out yesterday on his show.
Every year these big events Oklahoma State commitments or potential commitments are suppose to wrestle but apparently are injured and so don't wrestle and so the event on Flow is alot less interesting to me. This year as indicated above Cael Hughes had entered the tournament but didn't wrestle and then today to add frustration Breyden Thompson isn't wrestling either despite having entered this tournament. Lockett looks okay and is in the quarters, Heeg looks okay and is in the quarters, Voinovich upset Mac Church and is in the semi's ( Very tight overtime match). Also Jax Forrest has wrestled good and is in the quarters.

Every year these big events Oklahoma State commitments or potential commitments are suppose to wrestle but apparently are injured and so don't wrestle and so the event on Flow is alot less interesting to me. This year as indicated above Cael Hughes had entered the tournament but didn't wrestle and then today to add frustration Breyden Thompson isn't wrestling either despite having entered this tournament. Lockett looks okay and is in the quarters, Heeg looks okay and is in the quarters, Voinovich upset Mac Church and is in the semi's ( Very tight overtime match). Also Jax Forrest has wrestled good and is in the quarters.
I was thinking the exact same thing.If they come to OSU they may as well get to wrestling and not ducking competition if that is what is going on. Coach Smith does not believe in that.

Hard to believe they enter and they get injured right before it starts.

Reactions: KILLEVIDENT
Super32 has an early registration process that sometimes leads to a lot of late scratches. Iowa had 3 top recruits withdraw, it's really not all that unusual.

In Thompson's case, I don't know if I've ever seen a guy compete at more events. Just in this off-season alone, he's wrestled at the Junior & Senior trials, the Junior World Championships, Elite 8 duals, and WNO.

I was thinking the exact same thing.If they come to OSU they may as well get to wrestling and not ducking competition if that is what is going on. Coach Smith does not believe in that.

Hard to believe they enter and they get injured right before it starts.
My point was our wrestlers have lots of injuries in their senior years. Lockett made the finals with a 5 point move in the 3rd period when he was behind. Heeg got beat 1 to 0 in the semi's. Jax Forrest got pinned when he had a big lead in the quarters. Voinovich lost in the quarters 4 to 3.

My point was our wrestlers have lots of injuries in their senior years. Lockett made the finals with a 5 point move in the 3rd period when he was behind. Heeg got beat 1 to 0 in the semi's. Jax Forrest got pinned when he had a big lead in the quarters. Voinovich lost in the quarters 4 to 3.
Lockett won in the finals by 2, 3 to 1.

Heeg ended up taking 3rd. His only loss was to the eventual champ on an escape point. Solid tourney for him.

Lockett has now won Ironman, Fargo, and Super32 before starting his sophomore year. Pretty impressive.

Stillwater, Bixby, and Broken Arrow will be back at Ironman this year.

Heeg looked solid, and Lockett is going to be a superstar. He looked like he was working on his top game in most of his matches so the scores were closer than if he'd played catch and release all match.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT