ADVERTISEMENT

SUBJECT ALREADY POSTED BELOW-Biden administration creates 'Disinformation Governance Board' under DHS to fight 'misinformation'

windriverrange

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2008
Catoosa

Headed by another libcomdem who previously said;

"Jankowicz was an advisor to the government of Ukraine. She also stated her opinion that Hunter Biden's laptop, the contents of which were reported by the New York Post, was Russian disinformation. This was entirely false. Jankowicz will be leading the charge against misinformation, of which she believed the laptop actually was an example."

Coincidence this is immediately after EM buys twitter??????

George Orwell must have been a time traveler.

2940785_0.jpg

Good news.

So Republicans now oppose fighting against and trying to stop misinformation from spreading? What a strange position to embrace.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
IMO, it's a bad idea for the government to be in deciding what is or isn't "misinformation" if it also includes authority or ability to ban, chill, sanction or censor said "misinformation".

They wanna call it misinformation and tell everyone what they believe the actual correct information is, cool with me.

The best response to misinformation is more information....not sanctioning or "stopping" it. Let me and everyone else decide for ourselves what is misinformation and what is accurate information. I don't want the government involved in deciding that at all.

IMO, it's a bad idea for the government to be in deciding what is or isn't "misinformation" if it also includes authority or ability to ban, chill, sanction or censor said "misinformation".

They wanna call it misinformation and tell everyone what they believe the actual correct information is, cool with me.
I somewhat agree with this.

Our government should absolutely attempt to "counter" misinformation, which is the stated purpose of this board. Especially given what we know Russia has done in the past in our elections (just one example). Our government can't just sit back and let foreign entities and others attack our country with misinformation campaigns.

I also believe our government has every right to stop misinformation coming from foreign entities that are seeking to attack our country and bring forth sanctions. However, as it relates to American citizens, the government must be careful to honor freedom of speech while also countering the misinformation. That is definitely a fine line to walk. Freedom of speech should always be protected but no American is guaranteed an unlimited right to freedom of speech. We know, for example, someone can't yell fire in a crowded theater and then claim they were exercising their freedom of speech.

Our government should absolutely attempt to "counter" misinformation, which is the stated purpose of this board. Especially given what we know Russia has done in the past in our elections (just one example). Our government can't just sit back and let foreign entities and others attack our country with misinformation campaigns.

I also believe our government has every right to stop misinformation coming from foreign entities that are seeking to attack our country and bring forth sanctions. However, as it relates to American citizens, the government must be careful to honor freedom of speech while also countering the misinformation. That is definitely a fine line to walk. Freedom of speech should always be protected but no American is guaranteed an unlimited right to freedom of speech. We know, for example, someone can't yell fire in a crowded theater and then claim they were exercising their freedom of speech.
I don't trust our federal government to walk that "fine line" with a board or chamber to decide what US citizens can or cannot proclaim because it's allegedly "misinformation".

And there are a long line of SCOTUS decisions defining "free speech". "Free speech" under the 1st Amendment obviously isn't all speech. For instance, defamation and what has been termed "fighting words" by the court are not protected. I figured we all understood that.

As for fighting misinformation from foreign entities, IMO what I said about more information being the most effective and appropriate way to combat it over government censorship hold true there as well.

I don't trust our federal government to walk that "fine line" with a board or chamber to decide what US citizens can or cannot proclaim because it's allegedly "misinformation".
I trust the checks and balances in our system of governance. If the executive branch overreaches, we have the judicial branch there to check them.

So far, I see no overreach by creating a board to combat misinformation. Indeed, given what has happened on the past, it is clearly needed.

And there are a long line of SCOTUS decisions defining "free speech". "Free speech" under the 1st Amendment obviously isn't all speech. For instance, defamation and what has been termed "fighting words" by the court are not protected. I figured we all understood that.
I agree. Checks and balances. No unlimited right to free speech.

I fully expect more oversight on this issue from the courts moving forward. There are still areas that need more legal analysis concerning all of this.

As for fighting misinformation from foreign entities, IMO what I said about more information being the most effective and appropriate way to combat it over government censorship hold true there as well.
I disagree. I believe this type of thinking is exactly what our foreign adversaries are hoping we embrace. It allows them to continue to attack our country, our elections, and our democracy.

I adamantly oppose government deciding what disinformation is or isn't. Hunter Biden's laptop is a perfect example as is the Trump Russian Collusion BS.
Agree 1000%. The "government" boils down to what political party is control. I don't think our friends on the left would view this Minister of Truth approach favorably if Republicans were in charge.

Agree 1000%. The "government" boils down to what political party is control. I don't think our friends on the left would view this Minister of Truth approach favorably if Republicans were in charge.

Yea imagine how differently the left's position would be if a Republican had come up with this hair brain idea and appointed Sean Hannity as the director.

1. I trust the checks and balances in our system of governance. If the executive branch overreaches, we have the judicial branch there to check them.

So far, I see no overreach by creating a board to combat misinformation. Indeed, given what has happened on the past, it is clearly needed.

2. I agree. Checks and balances. No unlimited right to free speech.

I fully expect more oversight on this issue from the courts moving forward. There are still areas that need more legal analysis concerning all of this.

3. I disagree. I believe this type of thinking is exactly what our foreign adversaries are hoping we embrace. It allows them to continue to attack our country, our elections, and our democracy.

1. I trust my own ability to discern good information from misinformation than I do our system of checks and balances.

2. I don’t think anyone has argued or even intimated that free speech under the 1st Amendment is absolute and unlimited.

3. They’re going to continue such attacks and such attacks have occurred in international geopolitics since the beginning. Our government engages in the same behavior internationally with our foreign adversaries. Then reference #1. I’m fine with our government giving me counter-responses with what they believe is or choose to promote as accurate information. I’m not fine with governmental censorship on the claimed basis that speech is foreign attempts at influence or foreign misinformation.

Last edited:
1. I trust my own ability to discern good information from misinformation than I do our system of checks aNd balances.

2. I don’t think anyone has argued or even intimated that free speech under the 1st Amendment is absolute and unlimited.

3. They’re going to continue such attacks and such attacks have occurred in international geopolitics since the beginning. Our government engages in the same behavior internationally with our foreign adversaries. Then reference #1. I’m fine with our government giving me counter-responses with what they believe is or choose to promote as accurate information. I’m not fine with governmental censorship on the claimed basis that speech is foreign attempts at influence or foreign misinformation.
Thank you for posting.

Ooooohhhh the irony that has come running into this thread.

giphy.gif

1. I trust my own ability to discern good information from misinformation than I do our system of checks aNd balances.
Again, I trust our system of checks and balances. I trust if there is unconstitutional overreach on the part of the executive branch, the judicial branch will check it.

I really can't comment on your ability to discern good information from misinformation.

Perhaps it hasn't been argued on this board (I haven't read all the threads related to free speech). However, in conversations about free speech, the concept of a right to unlimited freedom of speech is often a false presupposition that some start with to argue against any government action related to free speech.

The fact that we don't have a right to unlimited freedom of speech is a very important principle to remember as we approach the issue of misinformation and the threat it presents to our country, especially misinformation from foreign entities that wish to attack our country. That is why I mentioned this principle and why I believe it must remain in the forefront when approaches to combatting misinformation is discussed.

Yes, they are going to continue such attacks and that is why we must be prepared to combat it. Our government must be proactive in seeking to stop misinformation campaigns from foreign entities. We also face challenges in this regard that we have not always faced since the beginning. This is not 1790 nor is it 1890. We must respond to this threat within the context of the world we live in today, while also holding true to our values. Both can be done.

As for what you are fine with, I understand your position. I've stated my position as well. I believe we can both protect freedom of speech and also counter misinformation in an effective manner.

I welcome the creation of this board and believe it is a step in the right direction. We must do more to counter misinformation, especially when it arises from foreign entities that wish to harm us. And I have faith that within our system of governance, we can counter misinformation while also honoring our values.

Which government puts the most misinformation in front of you on a daily basis?

Again, I trust our system of checks and balances. I trust if there is unconstitutional overreach on the part of the executive branch, the judicial branch will check it.

I really can't comment on your ability to discern good information from misinformation.

Perhaps it hasn't been argued on this board (I haven't read all the threads related to free speech). However, in conversations about free speech, the concept of a right to unlimited freedom of speech is often a false presupposition that some start with to argue against any government action related to free speech.

The fact that we don't have a right to unlimited freedom of speech is a very important principle to remember as we approach the issue of misinformation and the threat it presents to our country, especially misinformation from foreign entities that wish to attack our country. That is why I mentioned this principle and why I believe it must remain in the forefront when approaches to combatting misinformation is discussed.

Yes, they are going to continue such attacks and that is why we must be prepared to combat it. Our government must be proactive in seeking to stop misinformation campaigns from foreign entities. We also face challenges in this regard that we have not always faced since the beginning. This is not 1790 nor is it 1890. We must respond to this threat within the context of the world we live in today, while also holding true to our values. Both can be done.

As for what you are fine with, I understand your position. I've stated my position as well. I believe we can both protect freedom of speech and also counter misinformation in an effective manner.

I welcome the creation of this board and believe it is a step in the right direction. We must do more to counter misinformation, especially when it arises from foreign entities that wish to harm us. And I have faith that within our system of governance, we can counter misinformation while also honoring our values.

So we disagree.

Cool.

Glad we cleared that up.

Something everyone needs to know that don't already- the Left...aka global left...aka deep state...aka cabal- have been outed. Whether they outed theirselves or Trump pissed them off so bad they got outed- they know time is not their friend with many waking up.

Here's the point: they are going to take as many of us down with them. Whether it be famine, murder in hospitals, WW3,
Genocide shots-they literally want to take us all out with them. They know they can't get us all but going to kill the country also with mass importing of military aged male immigrants flown in daily, wrecked dollar, wrecked economy, no food etc.

Anyone think I'm joking or full of it is way behind. This going after truth tellers or "misinformation" is 100 percent totatalitarian.

Decertify already

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT