ADVERTISEMENT

Study: Over Half of Migrants Are on American Taxpayer-Funded Welfare

I’m surprised you don’t know @davidallen’s story. He’s told it a time or two. Steve Martin made a movie based on his life. It was a big hit. The movie followed David’s life from the beginning. It was called “The Jerk.”

(Just messing with ya, David. We all know you weren’t born poor.)
A couple of facts for you to work into your narrative:
  • My dad was one of 13 kids raised in a 2 bedroom house. Thankfully they were spread out age-wise, but it wasn't unusual for there to be some folks bedding out on the porch during the warm months. I recall doing that myself at age 11 once we returned to Cushing from our journey out west.
  • My parents lived right down the street in a rental from my Grandparents who lived at N. Seay and Greenlee. If anyone knows Cushing, especially from the 1950s to the 1980s you know that was the poor part of town. You got me to reminiscing and it looks like someone scraped the lot and put a new house up in the past 20 years or so. Grandma had a concrete burro in the front yard, there is a picture of me at 3 or 4 busting that bronco. I gotta dig that out.
  • I was the first of the Allen clan to get a college degree.
  • My parents busted their asses to build a good life for my brother and me, showing us that hard work was a prerequisite to getting ahead. I am proud of them both.
MISC01797_24H_23W_11D-2-LR_9883abdf-c049-45ab-8cec-90747bc0296d.jpg

• Love
Reactions: AC2020
A couple of facts for you to work into your narrative:
  • My dad was one of 13 kids raised in a 2 bedroom house. Thankfully they were spread out age-wise, but it wasn't unusual for there to be some folks bedding out on the porch during the warm months. I recall doing that myself at age 11 once we returned to Cushing from our journey out west.
  • My parents lived right down the street in a rental from my Grandparents who lived at N. Seay and Greenlee. If anyone knows Cushing, especially from the 1950s to the 1980s you know that was the poor part of town. You got me to reminiscing and it looks like someone scraped the lot and put a new house up in the past 20 years or so. Grandma had a concrete burro in the front yard, there is a picture of me at 3 or 4 busting that bronco. I gotta dig that out.
  • I was the first of the Allen clan to get a college degree.
  • My parents busted their asses to build a good life for my brother and me, showing us that hard work was a prerequisite to getting ahead. I am proud of them both.
MISC01797_24H_23W_11D-2-LR_9883abdf-c049-45ab-8cec-90747bc0296d.jpg

So Ponca was right.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
1a8836209f95124bf34c997b0cbbc4ea1c5daf46.jpg

Reactions: iasooner2000
So Ponca was right.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
f8bcc901f6c33e360a925821ff464d4c
Fitting for my dad for sure. He was a good old man. He didn't graduate high school but had the work ethic and intelligence to go from a sand truck driver in 1976 at Dresser Titan to Head of US Operations for a Canadian outfit in just 10 years. 1987 just about broke him I think - watching what he went through at the time convinced me to change my direction from Petroleum Geology to Computer Science.

Fitting for my dad for sure. He was a good old man. He didn't graduate high school but had the work ethic and intelligence to go from a sand truck driver in 1976 at Dresser Titan to Head of US Operations for a Canadian outfit in just 10 years. 1987 just about broke him I think - watching what he went through at the time convinced me to change my direction from Petroleum Geology to Computer Science.

So you are proud of your heritage as well.
Very good.

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT