ADVERTISEMENT

Stranger things 3 (spoiler thread)

SquinkY5786

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2005
if you haven’t seen it then don’t read. So did everyone like it? Do we think Hopper is dead? Who’s is the American in the prison in Russia?

Saw it. Thought it was great.

Can’t see Hopper being dead. I’ve read speculation that the American could be the scientist from season 1, can’t remember his name.

Saw it. Thought it was great.

Can’t see Hopper being dead. I’ve read speculation that the American could be the scientist from season 1, can’t remember his name.
Dr Brennan. The white haired guy. Also saw where they think Hopper could have been blown into the upside down. Who knows but can’t kill off Harper he is one of the best people on there

I think Hopper is the prisoner also.

When the Americans stormed the place the Russians were gone. They showed the Russian scientists turn to dust but not Hopper.

Somehow, they grabbed Hopper and left. They have a year to come up with a plausible flashback explanation or just gloss over it like a lot of tv shows, ahem GOT.

But overall I've enjoyed all 3 seasons.

Reactions: Been Jammin
I think Hopper is the prisoner also.

When the Americans stormed the place the Russians were gone. They showed the Russian scientists turn to dust but not Hopper.

Somehow, they grabbed Hopper and left. They have a year to come up with a plausible flashback explanation or just gloss over it like a lot of tv shows, ahem GOT.

But overall I've enjoyed all 3 seasons.

This.

Finally finished the season last night and enjoyed it overall (but thought it was probably the weakest of the 3 seasons). Here are a few scattered thoughts...

- I really thought the quasi-hostile banter between Joyce & Hopper was forced, uninteresting, and pretty much a time-waster.

- I agree about Hopper not being dead--I don't think it was an accident that they showed the other Russians turn to dust but not Hopper. He may very well be, but this somewhat gives them the option of bringing him back later if they want (kind of like they did Spock in Star Trek II with the "...Remember..." mind meld-thing between he and McCoy).

- It was enjoyable to see Dustin & Steve still have a BFF/big bro relationship, and it seemed fairly natural for their characters (as well as the actors).

- The conflict between "should I embrace growing up & really getting into girls vs. sit around and continue playing D&D" was pretty well done, in my opinion--especially showing how adolescents progress at different rates. Now, that being said--if it was done JUST to set up that Will is going to be a gay character (as some sites have suggested), then blah. The "I'm sorry you don't like girls" comment Mike said to him could be telling, or it could just be implied "sorry you're not into girls yet."

- Likewise, I was hoping Robin and Steve would be a couple. It really seemed like the writers were over-the-top in trying to lead us as viewers down that line only to go, "Ha! Tricked ya! She's into chicks!" I couldn't give 2 sh*ts if her character was gay or not--just thought it was another semi-waste of time to develop that story line (of course, they'll say, "But that WAS the point--to show you how confusing it can be to be a gay teen in the 80s). Side note--Robin is the daughter of Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke. Now I really feel old.

- What happened to Eleven's powers? Why did they leave her, and will they come back? (Surely they will)

- Even though Billy redeemed himself, I'm glad they killed his character. The douche needed to die.

- Did they ever say where Joyce, Will, the other brother (Nancy's b-friend), and Eleven moved to?

- Has Netflix announced if there'll even be a season 4?

Finally finished the season last night and enjoyed it overall (but thought it was probably the weakest of the 3 seasons). Here are a few scattered thoughts...

My comments on your comments are in purple.

- I really thought the quasi-hostile banter between Joyce & Hopper was forced, uninteresting, and pretty much a time-waster. Agreed. It was cheesy, but this series has had plenty of that in all 3 seasons.

- I agree about Hopper not being dead--I don't think it was an accident that they showed the other Russians turn to dust but not Hopper. He may very well be, but this somewhat gives them the option of bringing him back later if they want (kind of like they did Spock in Star Trek II with the "...Remember..." mind meld-thing between he and McCoy). Can't imagine they would kill him off unless the actor wanted out. Heck, they could have turned him to dust and showed him with all the Russians, who suffered the same fate, next season in the Upside Down. They can do whatever they want to do.

- It was enjoyable to see Dustin & Steve still have a BFF/big bro relationship, and it seemed fairly natural for their characters (as well as the actors). Agree. Love their interaction. Kind of bums me out that the original foursome is now a threesome, though.

- The conflict between "should I embrace growing up & really getting into girls vs. sit around and continue playing D&D" was pretty well done, in my opinion--especially showing how adolescents progress at different rates. Now, that being said--if it was done JUST to set up that Will is going to be a gay character (as some sites have suggested), then blah. The "I'm sorry you don't like girls" comment Mike said to him could be telling, or it could just be implied "sorry you're not into girls yet." I took it as the latter rather that a set up for him being gay. Agree that it would feel forced if they go in that direction. If it really was about adolescents progressing at different rates, then I say..Well done!

- Likewise, I was hoping Robin and Steve would be a couple. It really seemed like the writers were over-the-top in trying to lead us as viewers down that line only to go, "Ha! Tricked ya! She's into chicks!" I couldn't give 2 sh*ts if her character was gay or not--just thought it was another semi-waste of time to develop that story line (of course, they'll say, "But that WAS the point--to show you how confusing it can be to be a gay teen in the 80s). Side note--Robin is the daughter of Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke. Now I really feel old.

I thought the reveal was really great. Caught me by surprise, and the best part was Steve's reaction to the reveal. I thought it really added depth to his character. Very well done, IMO. I knew she was Uma's daughter, and couldn't get over how much she sounds like her mom. Close your eyes, and it could have been Uma in every scene.

- What happened to Eleven's powers? Why did they leave her, and will they come back? (Surely they will)

I'm sure they will be back. Not sure we will ever found out why they were temporarily gone.

- Even though Billy redeemed himself, I'm glad they killed his character. The douche needed to die. Agree. Felt sorry for Max though. She seemed a bit less upset than I think she should have.

- Did they ever say where Joyce, Will, the other brother (Nancy's b-friend), and Eleven moved to? Next state over I think. I figured 3-4 hrs away, but not sure. I kind of thought the older brother might stay behind, but I guess not.

- Has Netflix announced if there'll even be a season 4?
Don't think so. But, I'm sure there will be. Seems like ratings continue to be good.

One more comment. I thought the 2 best actors might have been the girls who played Eleven and Max. I was really impressed with the acting chops of both of them throughout the season.

Reactions: Adman513
Wasn't the prisoner at the end that was being tortured one of the scientists in the underground bunker? If so, that leads us to think the American in the cell is in fact Hopper. My guess is that they got transported through the portal to the Russian base that was doing something similar there.

The Robin character kind of stole the show if you ask me. She did a great job despite the hokey plot twist.

If they do a season 4, I'd like to see Barb come back somehow.

And the actress that played Max did a great job this season. Going from a side to a main character was very natural.

Reactions: Been Jammin
Season 4 is confirmed. They have hinted that there may or may not be a season 5, but definitely would not stretch it out beyond that.

Reactions: Winston Havelock
The only question on Hopper is he is up to be apart of one of the Star Wars series on the Disney streaming service. Possible Eleven as well. Should find out at Comic con or the Disney con or whatever it is called.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT