ADVERTISEMENT

Story time with host jimmybob

It was 1981. I was living on the 13th floor of Willham South. Every Friday, the housekeepers would leave extra rolls of toilet paper to be used over the weekend so we wouldn’t run out.

One Friday night, some guys I know went into every dorm on campus and took every roll of toilet paper as a prank. Mission accomplished! But with every success comes problems that must be overcome. What do you do with over 100 rolls of toilet paper?

One solution is to unroll each roll and make a huge wad of toilet paper. Apparently, when you’re drunk this makes a lot of sense. By now, it’s getting close to 4:00 in the morning. The giant ball of toilet paper is parked in the elevator landing and a bit of panic sets in. Evidence of the crime is right in your front yard and now panic combines with paranoia. Something must be done.

Somebody suggested that perhaps the heap of toilet paper could be shoved into an elevator. Good idea. It took teamwork, but the giant paper mass was eventually wrestled into the elevator and several buttons were pushed. The elevator doors closed, sending the fruit of a night’s labor of love away from the scene of the crime. The pranksters congratulated each other and dispersed to sleep it off.

Since this occurred on a Friday night/Saturday morning, no janitorial staff was present over the weekend. There were four elevators, so every time somebody pushed a button to catch a ride, there was a 25% chance that they would be greeted by our large faceless paper friend. All weekend long, the massive unused asswipe, unable to fulfill its intended purpose in life, traveled vertically up and down all 14 floors, generating both laughter and frustration.

On Monday morning, I went to class. By the time I returned to the dorm, the head janitor, Earl, had been notified of the incident. Earl had the elevator stopped on the ground floor and had called in reinforcements to deal with the crisis. Several other janitors were discussing how to perhaps lift the paper beast onto a dolly for transport. I waited for one of the remaining three operational elevators and departed.

I don‘t know how the issue was resolved, but by early afternoon, there was no sign of the paper behemoth. Life was back to normal.

It was 1981. I was living on the 13th floor of Willham South. Every Friday, the housekeepers would leave extra rolls of toilet paper to be used over the weekend so we wouldn’t run out.

One Friday night, some guys I know went into every dorm on campus and took every roll of toilet paper as a prank. Mission accomplished! But with every success comes problems that must be overcome. What do you do with over 100 rolls of toilet paper?

One solution is to unroll each roll and make a huge wad of toilet paper. Apparently, when you’re drunk this makes a lot of sense. By now, it’s getting close to 4:00 in the morning. The giant ball of toilet paper is parked in the elevator landing and a bit of panic sets in. Evidence of the crime is right in your front yard and now panic combines with paranoia. Something must be done.

Somebody suggested that perhaps the heap of toilet paper could be shoved into an elevator. Good idea. It took teamwork, but the giant paper mass was eventually wrestled into the elevator and several buttons were pushed. The elevator doors closed, sending the fruit of a night’s labor of love away from the scene of the crime. The pranksters congratulated each other and dispersed to sleep it off.

Since this occurred on a Friday night/Saturday morning, no janitorial staff was present over the weekend. There were four elevators, so every time somebody pushed a button to catch a ride, there was a 25% chance that they would be greeted by our large faceless paper friend. All weekend long, the massive unused asswipe, unable to fulfill its intended purpose in life, traveled vertically up and down all 14 floors, generating both laughter and frustration.

On Monday morning, I went to class. By the time I returned to the dorm, the head janitor, Earl, had been notified of the incident. Earl had the elevator stopped on the ground floor and had called in reinforcements to deal with the crisis. Several other janitors were discussing how to perhaps lift the paper beast onto a dolly for transport. I waited for one of the remaining three operational elevators and departed.

I don‘t know how the issue was resolved, but by early afternoon, there was no sign of the paper behemoth. Life was back to normal.
Excellent!

In the halls of Wentz hall in the bygone era of the early 80's, a resident who had their door locked could be involuntarily trapped in their room by shoving several coins between the eave/jamb and the locked door which would generate so much pressure/friction that the occupant could not unlocked from the inside. It was called (unoriginally, I'll admit) pennying someone into their room.

One fine spring day on the fourth floor of Wentz in 1985....some to remain unnamed miscreants (that may or may not have included myself...I did live on the floor, but I'm no snitch) were for some reason playing tackle football in the halls instead of outside like normal sane, sober individuals.

Football was tossed in the elevator landing.

Football hit sprinkler head on fire suppression system in the landing.

Sprinkler head falls off.

Water proceeds to gush from the hole left and spray across the elevator landing with enough force to essentially "penny in" the poor soul who was in their choice room on the landing, trapping them in their room as water gushed under their door until the sprinkler system was turned off by the fire department.

Or so I have been told.

It appears that there were no witnesses willing to go on the record as having been there and seen what happened.

Allegedly.

I was in Stout Hall and started in the fall of 1979, lived in the basement and our room was the first room near the far east side entrance, south side of Stout. You went right in to the basement.

My roommate teamed up with another resident on our floor and they would call for delivery pizza, they always parked in the same spot near some hedges in the street by our entrance. One guy would hide near the hedges and when the delivery guy delivered the pizza, the guy behind the hedges would steal the remaining pizzas in the car. Fed a bunch of folks in the basement.

They alternated pizza shops, it took awhile for them to figure it out before they all started locking their vehicles when they delivered.

My roommate also snuck in the back of the Sirloin Stockade and got all the steaks out of their freezer, not a long walk back to that Stout entrance. A bunch of people were cooking steaks that night on their little hot plates in their dorm rooms.

I was surprised to learn my roommate was a small time thief, but he was like Robin Hood and he would share with everyone in the dorm.

Last edited:
My college career began and ended in Stillwater, but I was pretty much an aimless soul starting off. I had no idea what I wanted to do in life, so setting goals was impossible and, as a result, my grades were terrible. My dad suggested that I attend Oklahoma Baptist University in Shawnee and see if I liked it.

It was an overall positive experience, but there were lots of things that I hated. For example, you had to go to chapel once a week. Nevermind that you had maybe gone to church on Sunday, you had to go again midweek and if you didn’t attend, you received an incomplete on your grades that semester.

Some guys I know decided to put a vehicle in the chapel, perhaps even on the stage, on the night before the mandatory service hopes that the authorities would not have time to remove it before the service began.

One guy located a potential target vehicle, a beat up Datsun pickup truck with no mirrors on the outside. It seemed like it would fit within the double doors at the back of the chapel. But there were a few concrete steps back there, so somebody went to the lumberyard and got a couple of 2 x 12s to use as ramps and stashed them in the bushes next to the door. A guy swiped the keys to the Datsun and had a duplicate key made and slipped the original key back into the owner’s room.

Several people participated. A couple of guys hid in the balcony before the chapel was locked for the night. Once the security guard had done his sweep and locked the doors, those guys could open the doors from the inside to allow the others to come in. At the appointed time according to synchronized watches, the inside guys threw open the doors to find the ramps being put into place and the truck lined up to be driven inside.

The driver of the truck was revving the engine and jammed it into gear, popped the clutch and floored it. The truck hit the ramps and caught some air as it catapulted inside. But there is a problem. The hallway had a slight jog that was going to possibly prevent the truck from going further. And there’s another problem, a much bigger problem. There was a dorm immediately adjacent to the chapel and these guys I know had generated a lot of noise. People were waking up and looking out their windows and yelling “what are you doing?” and “I’m calling the cops” and so forth.

Nobody needed to give an order to abandon ship. The guys all knew that the dream was over and that they needed to GTFO. So they scattered. A couple of the guys went to an all night cafe and got something to eat and then decided to return to the dorm. They parked the car and began to walk towards the dorm. A figure appeared 100 yards in front of them. Our heroes changed course so as to avoid this other person, but the other person proceeded on a course so as to intercept the heroes. The two guys changed course again. Again, the other guy changed his path.

Panicked, the two guys made a run for it and the other person ran after them. The two guys split up and the other person made his choice as to who he would follow. The prankster ran into the track and made it over a steel edging around the perimeter of the track that stuck up maybe 3 inches. The prankster glanced back as he continued to run, noticing that the security guard was gaining on him. The prankster looked back again a few seconds later to see the security guy trip over that edging and instantly face plant himself onto the track. There was no recovery from that. The security guy was out of the running.

The guys had accidentally done a bit of damage to the front end of the Datsun during the escapade, so they took up a collection to pay for it.

That‘s my understanding of what happened, anyway.

Made really good grades in Shawnee. Showed myself I could do it and that my goal didn’t have to be anything long term, the goal should just be to make good grades. Transferred back to Stillwater and began making A’s and B’s and finished strong. Didn’t have a stellar GPA because the first half was just terrible but I made it.

Loyal and true.

I’ll chime in with my limited experience partying in Stilly. After drinking a case or more of near beer in the summer of 75, puking in the parking lot of Hideaway my cohort and I (who either had a key or knew the secret entrance) slept off the drunk in one of the frat houses nearby.

I know some guys who were bored out of their minds in their Intro to Psychology course. They were roommates and sat in the back row in a class that had around 120 students. Three greek dudes sat next to them. Nobody wanted to be there.

The first exam was about to roll around. 5 guys who didn’t give a shit. 5 chapters of material. One of the guys said they should all study a chapter and share answers with the others. Everybody agreed. So next class was the test and everybody had studied their one chapter and shared the answers. The results were spectacular. Everybody got an A.

Everybody was on board with continuing this plan. Next test: A. Third test: A, etc. Now came the final exam and it was NOT comprehensive. The 5 dudes were golden. Bulletproof.

Finals day. The 5 students were seated in their usual back row positions and were smug AF as the test papers were passed out. Once everybody had their papers, the instructor said, “Oh, I almost forgot. It’s a department rule that we must sit in alphabetical order for the final exam.”

O
H

F
U
C
K.

She started calling out names. One greek dude’s last name began with the letter B or some shit. He was on row #2. Dude was boned.

Other two Greeks must have had R last names and amazingly, they sat next to each other about about 3/4 of the way back. One guy last name is S and sonofabitch if he wasn’t sitting right behind them! Last dude was V and he seemed mostly screwed because he was sitting one row behind S and a couple of seats over.

R, R and S shared answers. S finishes his paper (multiple choice) and glances back at V. V is desperately motioning for S‘s paper. Apparently the chick sitting between S and V had seen what was going on. When S handed his paper to the chick, she took it without looking and passed it to V. When S received the paper back, V had filled in his answers, which were shared with R and R.

The final grade was an A. Pretty sure those guys wouldn’t have done that if they were aware of the consequences, which would have included being expelled if caught. Pretty lucky. Everybody grows up, some just a bit later than others.

I understand that the PK house was burned to the ground by some dude named Jugdish using a ‘hot plate’

Last edited:
Taking the Fifth on this shit. I don't believe the statute of limitations has run out on some of the stuff I did at Stout and Wilham in the early 80s.
@Marocain Poke and @OKSTATE1

Didn’t there used to be a small street that was on the west side of Stout that ran north/south? I could be mistaken on this. Trying to get my geography squared away before I post something.…

You talking about the entry in to the Stout lot?
No, was thinking the street kept going north on west side of Scott/Parker/Wentz and zigzagged over to Willham. Like I said, I could easily be wrong on this.

I was in Stout Hall and started in the fall of 1979, lived in the basement and our room was the first room near the far east side entrance, south side of Stout. You went right in to the basement.

My roommate teamed up with another resident on our floor and they would call for delivery pizza, they always parked in the same spot near some hedges in the street by our entrance. One guy would hide near the hedges and when the delivery guy delivered the pizza, the guy behind the hedges would steal the remaining pizzas in the car. Fed a bunch of folks in the basement.

They alternated pizza shops, it took awhile for them to figure it out before they all started locking their vehicles when they delivered.

My roommate also snuck in the back of the Sirloin Stockade and got all the steaks out of their freezer, not a long walk back to that Stout entrance. A bunch of people were cooking steaks that night on their little hot plates in their dorm rooms.

I was surprised to learn my roommate was a small time thief, but he was like Robin Hood and he would share with everyone in the dorm.
I forgot about Sirloin Stockade. What glorious dining! I used to dine in Lawton when I visited family. What ever happened to them? Sirloin Stockade didn't last long in San Antonio as I recall.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Well, anyway, I was driving south on this mystery street. A daytime thunderstorm had just concluded. A student was walking alongside this street facing away from me and adjacent to a puddle of standing water about the size of Lake Eufaula. A 6 foot stockade fence was on the right.

There was no escape.

I floored it. Apparently, the prey heard the 4 barrel open up and started to run. When the car hit the puddle at higher than normal speed, a tsunami erupted and blanketed the victim. I checked the mirror and visually confirmed what I already knew to be true.

I had never done that before and haven’t done that since. I feel a little better for confessing. I publicly apologize to that kid right here and now.

Ok I am sorry but I am not bringing this back up since I have a family now. That took ten years off my life. Would hate to have some random person recognize the story. I don’t have it in me to win again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT