ADVERTISEMENT

Stillwater Internet (FIBER!)

EvilPOKES

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2008
Earth
FINALLY, some competition in town for crap ATT and Suddenlink/Optimum. Bluepeak finally allowed me to sign up for an installation date. They're offering symmetrical 1gig, 2gig, and 5gig packages. They're including EERO Mesh wifi with their packages, but unsure if I will utilize (probably will since we are paying for it). Hoping they can install directly into my office. Was talking to one of their installation contractors over the weekend as they were installing the neighborhood's first customer (my across the street neighbor) and he said that due to heat issues right now, they're not allowing their installers to run cabling through attic spaces. Only direct to wall installations that terminate inside at that location. My office has exterior walls, just on the opposite side of the house that the fiber junction "manhole" is located.

Any of you folks in/around Stillwater that are using Bluepeak already? Throughts?

Any of you on the Rural Electric Coop Fiber? How are you liking it? I was bummed that my neighborhood borders their installation line (S. 32nd).

I was set to get it installed on Monday but got a call that the can wasn't ready when the installer got there. Another week or two before it will be ready.

Reactions: EvilPOKES
I've been using Centranet daily for about the last 15 days. Screaming fast with no interruptions thus far. Much cheaper and faster than Provalue that my parents were using prior to the Centranet becoming available in their area.

My brand new AT&T fiber 1 gig in Waco is working like a dream so far, if Retiree Concessions Office can ever get the billing right. Wife is supposed to pay $34.99 plus tax. Today's bill in the mail reads $85.96. Monday a call will go out to Retiree Concessions Office.

Reactions: colcord
I still have a fire and blanket for my ATT service at my house here in Yukon, OK. The max ATT will provide me
We finally paid our first retiree concession payment for at&t 1 gig fiber internet. $35.76 out the door. Works good so far. $65 plus tax for YouTube TV. $56 for first 3 months. No digital compression for locals like the Cable guys. Locals match my RCA broadband antenna. YouTube gets locals from DirecTV Stream.

With OKC's antenna farm at Edmond, you should have clear shot for locals.

I get locals easily over air. Att max internet offer is 10 mbps down which I hardly ever see. Att has had a fiber trunk line on my property for over ten years.

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT