ADVERTISEMENT

Starlink

SquinkY5786

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2005
Anyone getting it. Right now I live in country and have a 4LTE hotspot and it does decent. No other options really. I can sign up for starlink beta but 550 for the equipment and 99 bucks a month for services. Little pricey. But it is temping as it runs around 100 to 150 MB

Anyone getting it. Right now I live in country and have a 4LTE hotspot and it does decent. No other options really. I can sign up for starlink beta but 550 for the equipment and 99 bucks a month for services. Little pricey. But it is temping as it runs around 100 to 150 MB
No. But going to look into it once our new home is built.

I just did the 99$ deposit. I currently use 3 internet providers and have to switch between them because none of the 3 are even remotely stable.

• Wow
Reactions: OSUIvan
I’ve done the $99 deposit as well. We’ve got a rural LOS connection that runs 10 Mbps. It’s a decent minimum level connection that allows for Netflix. Lack of Connectivity is the only thing I don’t like about living in the country.

No, 6 miles east of Owasso. I mean yeah its kinda rural, but its not like I have to drive 30 minutes for a double quarter pounder.
Crazy. Would think in that area someone could figure it out.

How does this work? Where we live internet is a major issue.

Are they mostly positive?

I have only watched a few, but yes. This is not made to compete with Cox and the other broad bands that can give you 100+ speeds for less than 100. This is made for people that have little to no access to broadband internet, it's made for people who's only option is shitty DSL that is 3 mbs. It's not going to be as good as cox, or comcast, but it's going to be better than dial up and other options.

I have only watched a few, but yes. This is not made to compete with Cox and the other broad bands that can give you 100+ speeds for less than 100. This is made for people that have little to no access to broadband internet, it's made for people who's only option is shitty DSL that is 3 mbs. It's not going to be as good as cox, or comcast, but it's going to be better than dial up and other options.
If it can get in the 100s. Which is where some ppl have landed, it would be legit. I’ll try it and see what it’s like

The wife and I are considering retiring on Table Rock lake in about 10 years. The only drawback is the lack of Internet service, which is making me doubtful at this time. My dad currently lives over there and I did a speed test on their current satellite Internet and it’s a whopping 1.76 MBS. If starlink proves to be successful, I may consider it more.

The wife and I are considering retiring on Table Rock lake in about 10 years. The only drawback is the lack of Internet service, which is making me doubtful at this time. My dad currently lives over there and I did a speed test on their current satellite Internet and it’s a whopping 1.76 MBS. If starlink proves to be successful, I may consider it more.
There is talk of 150 right now in well covered places

Reactions: TPOKE
I think a bigger issue than speed (though the speed IS nice! lol) is data caps, right now there is no data cap, if it stays that way or stays in line with the 1tb-1.5tb like mainstream ISP's then it's a good alternative to the "big boys" .

Last edited:
Reactions: Marshal Jim Duncan
give me 25 mbps down and 2 or 3 up, with a solid connection that doesnt drop when it gets cloudy, unlimited data for under $100 a month, and I will be ecstatic. I don't need blazing speed, just ok speed but great reliability.

Just got an email saying my Starlink order is ready!

When did you order? What area?

I don't remember exactly when I ordered, I think I signed up for their interest list about as soon as it was available and then I did my deposit within a few days of that being available. I live between Owasso and Claremore.

In
I don't remember exactly when I ordered, I think I signed up for their interest list about as soon as it was available and then I did my deposit within a few days of that being available. I live between Owasso and Claremore.
Interesting. I am between Claremore and Pryor. Wonder if it’s ready or are you part of the beta stuff? I signed up around Feb 25

In

Interesting. I am between Claremore and Pryor. Wonder if it’s ready or are you part of the beta stuff? I signed up around Feb 25

I don't know, our whole neighborhood got their emails today.

I didn’t know what mumbo jumbo you guys were talking about in this thread. We just got a lake house and there is no internets around there anywhere. I just got referred to this program. I just put my $99 down. They said we should be able to have Starlink in mid to late 2021.

I didn’t know what mumbo jumbo you guys were talking about in this thread. We just got a lake house and there is no internets around there anywhere. I just got referred to this program. I just put my $99 down. They said we should be able to have Starlink in mid to late 2021.
Where’s the lake house

2 of my coworkers got their email, one is out by keetonville hill, the other outside Oologah

Wtf. When did all these people sign up?
Did my payment on feb 19th. On my confirmation email I got today after they took my 500$ it does say that I'm part of the beta. Says 2 to 3 weeks for delivery.

Okay I got mine yesterday and set it up. It's literally a 10-minute process to get set up and going. Like... Plug it in and follow the 3 or 4 steps in the app. Most of that time was the dish itself trying to find that initial satellite, that took about 5 minutes and made me think mine was broken for a bit.

Mine is just sitting out in my driveway for now until I get someone to mount it on my roof. Speeds are all over the place, from 270 down to 20 down, upload speeds are fairly consistent between 6 and 15, which is pretty nice. I'm getting probably about 5% blackout time, but I realized that's because my house is blocking the southern sky. I thought I had read that most of the satellites are up north, but I downloaded a satellite tracking app and they can be anywhere. So far every time my internet goes down I've checked the app and sure enough the closest satellite is flying somewhere over Texas. I expect it to be much more stable when I get it set up on the roof or push it further out from the house so it can look South.

Okay I got mine yesterday and set it up. It's literally a 10-minute process to get set up and going. Like... Plug it in and follow the 3 or 4 steps in the app. Most of that time was the dish itself trying to find that initial satellite, that took about 5 minutes and made me think mine was broken for a bit.

Mine is just sitting out in my driveway for now until I get someone to mount it on my roof. Speeds are all over the place, from 270 down to 20 down, upload speeds are fairly consistent between 6 and 15, which is pretty nice. I'm getting probably about 5% blackout time, but I realized that's because my house is blocking the southern sky. I thought I had read that most of the satellites are up north, but I downloaded a satellite tracking app and they can be anywhere. So far every time my internet goes down I've checked the app and sure enough the closest satellite is flying somewhere over Texas. I expect it to be much more stable when I get it set up on the roof or push it further out from the house so it can look South.

Satellite tracking​

Anyone near Stillwater up on this yet? I paid my deposit back in February just wondering how far along they are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT