ADVERTISEMENT

Starbucks is going to expand into urban markets

HighStickHarry

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Apr 21, 2006
Schultz said Starbucks plans more "Race Together" activities, including efforts to expand into urban neighbourhoods, hire 10,000 "opportunity youth" over the next three years, and produce advertising on the campaign with Gannett Co.'s USA Today.

Looking forward to seeing how this works. I believe it was ice cube in barbershop who said "that's why you can't have no business in the hood."

I would also like to see "opportunity youth" defined.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/starbucks-ends-race-together-campaign-stores-effort-not-162634531--sector.html

Seems like maybe they should look at their executive team, and maybe add a little diversity there before they try to lecture us on race.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

While trying to be mindful of the Jay Smooth incident, I saw 2 of 19 that appear to be black, which would roughly match US demographics there, and with 2 Asians, they are ahead on that front. What is the amount of diversity necessary in your opinion?

I saw 1...

When a company is pushing their fast food workers to lecture me, a customer, on race relations, they should make sure they have several black people in their executive team.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Michael Conaway and Blair Taylor are the two I see.

I wonder what the overall demographic makeup is of their employees.

Not totally related, but Vivek Varma is from Chickasha. I thought that was cool if nothing else.

Melody Hobson, who is black and on the Starbucks board, is said to have 'inspired' Schultz to push the "Race Together" thing. Not that it makes it any less silly.

Starbucks announced that they are ending their Race Together initiative.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT