ADVERTISEMENT

Star Wars - Episode IX [December 20]

tlwwake

Oct 29, 2008
Need answers as to why the writers took the easy way out and wiped out virtually all the resistance and the last of the original cast just to open up creative space and remove obligations for the screenwriters.

IX won’t conclude anything.

I didn't grow up on Star Wars, so I probably have a different frame of reference watching all of them now. But, I loved Last Jedi.. I guess I was in the minority.

Reactions: giddyup
Just FINALLY watched the last Jedi. And....that's probably my last Star Wars film. For me, after watching all the bullshit that has come since the late 90s, the story ended in the 80s with ROTJ.

There's just too much horseshit, should have made the whole 9 part saga way back when the actors weren't senior citizens, and back before melinnials and liberal Hollywood had any say in the making of movies.

That's just my take, I'm disgusted with myself for even venturing out and watching another movie really. But, I didn't expect much, just didn't realize I would be THAT let down.

It's my opinion, everybody has their own. And that's the real problem with Star Wars...many fans have very strong opinions on the way things should be, read too much into the expanded universe for about 30 years, or simply were too attached to the "old gang" to see it all go down this way with the death of our childhood heroes. Not like you are going to be able to make swashbucklers out of 60, 70, and 80 year old actors...and honestly, it really just comes back to that...this is a story or a universe that should have been continued while the iron was hot, the actors were young, or before Lucas lost his nuts.

Anyway, this is probably the only place I will say anything since I don't give as much of a shit after saying this...just had to state my thoughts somewhere, and this seems as good a place as any lol. Ranting more isn't going to change anything or turn back time. It's just...done. Glad I got to see it in theaters back in the day and enjoy the story when it there was more "mystery".

Episode 8 serves as an excellent teaching tool regarding why women make horrible leaders.

The resistance was just about wiped out because of poor female leadership.

BS

The Resistance was just about wiped out because Finn, Rose and Poe couldn’t follow orders.

Reactions: KCMOrange
“hey I think it would be great to remove Luke from VII as a cowardly recluse, and then we can end him as a protagonist in XIII entirely”

“hey I think it would be great to reduce the rebellion/resistance to about 10 people with zero X-wing fighters or starships....but we can throw in the Falcon for continuity”

“hey let’s clear the slate in IX so we can use our lazy screenwriters to add whatever politically correct, shallow characters we want into IX to seed the next 17 films....but we can throw in 30 seconds of ghost Luke/Yoda for continuity”

The resistance was just about wiped out because of poor female leadership.

SPOILER BELOW

I really scratched my head at that. The female commander kamikaze'd into the big bad flagship at the end of the battle... ok. Why wait until everyone is dead and the fleet is all destroyed? Can't do that with one of the other ships that got blown up anyhow?

SPOILER BELOW

I really scratched my head at that. The female commander kamikaze'd into the big bad flagship at the end of the battle... ok. Why wait until everyone is dead and the fleet is all destroyed? Can't do that with one of the other ships that got blown up anyhow?

Moreso that poor female leadership (because we know that history has examples of really good female leadership), it was just poorly written.

I'm really pissed that they just threw away Admiral Akbar too.

Moreso that poor female leadership (because we know that history has examples of really good female leadership), it was just poorly written.

I'm really pissed that they just threw away Admiral Akbar too.

The most infuriating thing about that movie is that the more I thought about it after it was over the more glaring the plot holes became.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT