ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford Wrestling is Back

The coach is gone and so are all the wrestlers. Maybe the wrestlers can pull out of the transfer portal and stay at Stanford.

I am sure the guys can pull out of the transfer portal if they want to. I would love to see them field a strong team next year and perk some interest in wrestling in the west.

With you Oberebo except Real Woods who graduates in December and would have two years left.

I think our chances were better before the announcement that Stanford would continue wrestling, but I really do not know now.

It will be interesting to see if the Rob Koll rumors are correct. My guess is that he is just trying to get a raise at Cornell.

Reactions: tom_v31
It’s official rob koll to Stanford
Very interesting. Cornell should be a pretty good job. I wonder if someone like Pop wold go there - from NY. He has done really well at NC State, but would be a good pick up for them. Maybe one of their assistants as Damion Hahn might keep everything stable.

Very interesting. Cornell should be a pretty good job. I wonder if someone like Pop wold go there - from NY. He has done really well at NC State, but would be a good pick up for them. Maybe one of their assistants as Damion Hahn might keep everything stable.
Yeah Cornell is a top 5 job. Pat minero said that Cornell is staying with then the program and hiring mike gray but it’s not official

Koll gave a good interview on FRL today. Touched on a number of topics... Dake, Yianni, scholarships, endowments, RTCs, NIL, etc. He also mentioned he's trying to schedule OSU next year to break the Grapple on the Gridiron attendance record.

I’m really interested to see what Koll can do at Stanford. He won’t be able to recruit the same athletes in quantity of quality he did at Cornell. Stanford admissions does not help out their wrestling program at all. Koll was able to get wrestlers in at Cornell that couldn’t get into any other Ivy League program. I’m rooting for him, but he has his work cut out for him.

I’m really interested to see what Koll can do at Stanford. He won’t be able to recruit the same athletes in quantity of quality he did at Cornell. Stanford admissions does not help out their wrestling program at all. Koll was able to get wrestlers in at Cornell that couldn’t get into any other Ivy League program. I’m rooting for him, but he has his work cut out for him.
I think Koll is going to turn Stanford into a title contender. He is already working on endowing the scholarships and raising $ for the RTC. He's also lining up lucrative Silicone Valley jobs for the RTC guys after they stop competing. Going to be an attractive destination for top recruits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT