ADVERTISEMENT

standing for the national anthem

I am curious would our liberal contingent stand and sing the national anthem? Syskatine, David Allen, Pilt, Cowboyjd, cup?

If I believed that a god sent his god-son to die for me, so that the god-dad would forgive me for not being compliant with his commands,and the god-dad commanded me to worship him, and he was a self described "jealous God" then I would probably refrain from honoring or worshipping other institutions when it's time to worship the god-dad. I would probably not flirt with inadvertently worshipping or showing reverence for something other than that which will keep me alive and happy for eternity. If you really believe the bible and it's narrative, maybe the whole Van Halen for Jesus for our own entertainment and honoring secular government and man's institutions in a setting to honor god isn't the smart move. All that focusing on earthly government and politics will divide and pollute the spiritual brotherhood. Priorities, people? Why would any spiritual leadership with their eye truly on spiritual matters allow the poison of secular politics into a church? Ya'll have any idea what government has done to man? It is inherently the exercise of power and as Ragnar says, power attracts the worst.

Personally, I am getting to dislike imagery and symbolism as a surrogate for thoughtful discourse or debate. I am weary of dumb people expressing their feelings with symbols instead of communicating ideas with words. Often those symbols communicate something they are afraid to put into words, too.

The flag means different things to different people. I personally don't have a problem with a national anthem or something that is defined to recalibrate our thankfulness and mindfulness of what we share, but we shouldn't be offended when other people that are on the short end of the American experience don't share our enthusiasm. If you force people to embrace symbolism, get ready for a diverse range of reactions. The people that demanded conformity will probably be unhappy with the result at some point, at least in this country.

If you force people to embrace symbolism, get ready for a diverse range of reactions. The people that demanded conformity will probably be unhappy with the result at some point, at least in this country.

Funny. If you protest the rainbow flag, you are a bigot, and if you refuse to comply and accept African-American Culture, you are a racist. Yet somehow, expecting simple acceptance of the American flag and anthem is wrong. I love the consistency of your liberal positions.

Funny. If you protest the rainbow flag, you are a bigot, and if you refuse to comply and accept African-American Culture, you are a racist. Yet somehow, expecting simple acceptance of the American flag and anthem is wrong. I love the consistency of your liberal positions.

I only liked this post because there was not a button to love it.

LMFAO when have i said either?

You effin' bornfollower, lol. Leave and get an education. Right wing media taught you to debate and strawman like that and you're not educated enough to want better. Fcvking doofus, just a wholecloth, clumsy strawman comparison like a.m. radio.

Reactions: Been Jammin
LMFAO when have i said either?

You effin' bornfollower, lol. Leave and get an education. Right wing media taught you to debate and strawman like that and you're not educated enough to want better. Fcvking doofus, just a wholecloth, clumsy strawman comparison like a.m. radio.

Wow, guess I struck a nerve.

Its ironic that you made a very nuanced and factually correct position in your prior post and yet when I take the same statement and invert to "right-wing" positions to see if you actually believe what you are saying or just trying to appeal to the libertarian in me, you go bat-shit crazy.

If I believed that a god sent his god-son to die for me, so that the god-dad would forgive me for not being compliant with his commands,and the god-dad commanded me to worship him, and he was a self described "jealous God" then I would probably refrain from honoring or worshipping other institutions when it's time to worship the god-dad. I would probably not flirt with inadvertently worshipping or showing reverence for something other than that which will keep me alive and happy for eternity. If you really believe the bible and it's narrative, maybe the whole Van Halen for Jesus for our own entertainment and honoring secular government and man's institutions in a setting to honor god isn't the smart move. All that focusing on earthly government and politics will divide and pollute the spiritual brotherhood. Priorities, people? Why would any spiritual leadership with their eye truly on spiritual matters allow the poison of secular politics into a church? Ya'll have any idea what government has done to man? It is inherently the exercise of power and as Ragnar says, power attracts the worst.

Personally, I am getting to dislike imagery and symbolism as a surrogate for thoughtful discourse or debate. I am weary of dumb people expressing their feelings with symbols instead of communicating ideas with words. Often those symbols communicate something they are afraid to put into words, too.

The flag means different things to different people. I personally don't have a problem with a national anthem or something that is defined to recalibrate our thankfulness and mindfulness of what we share, but we shouldn't be offended when other people that are on the short end of the American experience don't share our enthusiasm. If you force people to embrace symbolism, get ready for a diverse range of reactions. The people that demanded conformity will probably be unhappy with the result at some point, at least in this country.

^^^ 1 Opinions 4: 1-50

I prefer Romans 13: 1-2
Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.
That's one reason I just can't get on board. You think that rebelling against Obama and Biden is rebelling against God. Eh. Seems plainly flawed.

I do think a conscientious Christian is better served to stay out of politics, and that x 10 for the church:

Col: 3:2

John 15: 19 and 17:16

• Haha
Reactions: soonerinlOUisiana
Wow, guess I struck a nerve.

Its ironic that you made a very nuanced and factually correct position in your prior post and yet when I take the same statement and invert to "right-wing" positions to see if you actually believe what you are saying or just trying to appeal to the libertarian in me, you go bat-shit crazy.
If "struck a nerve" means getting laughed at for your attempted sophistry... yeah, well done!

That's one reason I just can't get on board. You think that rebelling against Obama and Biden is rebelling against God. Eh. Seems plainly flawed.
Must be nice getting to respond to a 22LR post before it gets deleted. Well done.

I am curious would our liberal contingent stand and sing the national anthem? Syskatine, David Allen, Pilt, Cowboyjd, cup?
Thanks for asking. It's good to know I'm still thought about despite my mostly absent status from this shithole flame board where nothing of substance gets discussed. In the future I'm asking you to formally "tag" me like @TPOKE so I'm sure to see it.

It's funny that you include me in the so-called "liberal contingent", but I'll happily answer your question.

I remove head coverings, stand respectfully, and sing the national anthem at events that I am attending....every....single.....time....it is played.

I even remove my hat, stand respectfully (every time) and (often) sing as well when and if a tv broadcast shows the presentation of the colors and plays the national anthem during a broadcast of a sporting or other event I am watching. Hell, I even do it if I'm home alone watching.

I assure you I am not saying this "ironically" or sarcastically. That is literally what I do.

Now you know.

You're welcome.

Last edited:
Someone's deleting 22LR's posts? Strange. Hadn't seen that.

I deleted my own post in this thread when I told the idiot he was projecting his own racism in that post way up above. And considering he supports the killing of cops, it isn’t a surprise. It was up for about 15 minutes when I decided the troll is a total waste of time. So I deleted it.

Last edited:

Well, if you look closely, I actually haven't rebelled against either of them. Not once they were inaugurated as president(s). Not saying I like them, or think they are great presidents. But I accept them as my president(s), even IF they are regurgitated pharaohs.

Last edited:
Yeah man I can't tell you how many times I have been called a bigot for not standing, saluting and singing YMCA to the rainbow flag.

Damn talk about speaking truth to power. Hard to Imagine Constantine letting that one slip in to the canon.

Reactions: davidallen
i can near guarantee you that you would not.

Evidence that burning the rainbow flag does get prosecuted as a hate crime.

Evidence that some US athletes want to burn the US flag and will do so if given the opportunity.

I rest my case.

Evidence that some US athletes want to burn the US flag and will do so if given the opportunity.

I rest my case.
Yikes.

“Hate crime” is a bullshit concept. If you can love whoever you want, then you should be able to hate whoever you want. That being said, the guy should have been charged, prosecuted, and sentenced as he would have if he had stolen a length of fabric from a store, and then gone and burned it in a place where he was not authorized to do so.

I rest my case.
US athletes want to steal a flag from a church and burn it indoors?

I rest my case.

You lose then.

He did a helluva lot more than just burn the rainbow flag.

If he had stolen a table cloth from a local restaurant and burned it, he would not have gotten 15 years. Hell, if he had stolen an American flag and burned it he would not have gotten 15 years. But because it was a f ag flag, he gets 15 years. You win, aix.

Sure thing, “counselor”.

“Hate crimes” is the leftists‘ way of getting the government to punish people for their feelings of right versus wrong. The law obviously was created to punish people who commit a crime that targets someone from a minority group, even though the crime itself - murder, assault, etc. - already punishes them and most crimes like that already are committed by someone who hates something about the victim.

But we now see that these “hate crimes” are targeting people for their personal beliefs. I would think that if this dude from iowa were to take thus to court, the Supreme Court would have to side that burning the gay flag is a First Amendment right. Too bad that the freaking liberal ACLU probably wouldn’t make much of an effort to take up the case. i could understand this guy getting a hefty fine or a little jail time, but 15 years for doing something that hasn’t actually harmed anyone is freakin’ ridiculous.

@aix_xpert, you do a great job of summarizing my feelings- and many others, too, I’m sure - throughout this thread. CowboyJD obviously hates this board, but there are many of us on here who see these topics as things that bringing down American society and turning our nation into a cesspool.

You lose then.

He did a helluva lot more than just burn the rainbow flag.

The articles I've read on the story were very clear. Due to the burning of the flag, the crimes he did commit were elevated by 1 grade of severity as is the legal action for handling 'hate crimes'. The action of burning the flag, led to the hate crime pronouncement against the other crimes and significantly enhanced his punishment for what otherwise were misdemeanor offenses. The burning of the rainbow flag was the central element of the hate crime declaration.

“Hate crimes” is the leftists‘ way of getting the government to punish people for their feelings of right versus wrong. The law obviously was created to punish people who commit a crime that targets someone from a minority group, even though the crime itself - murder, assault, etc. - already punishes them and most crimes like that already are committed by someone who hates something about the victim.

But we now see that these “hate crimes” are targeting people for their personal beliefs. I would think that if this dude from iowa were to take thus to court, the Supreme Court would have to side that burning the gay flag is a First Amendment right. Too bad that the freaking liberal ACLU probably wouldn’t make much of an effort to take up the case. i could understand this guy getting a hefty fine or a little jail time, but 15 years for doing something that hasn’t actually harmed anyone is freakin’ ridiculous.

@aix_xpert, you do a great job of summarizing my feelings- and many others, too, I’m sure - throughout this thread. CowboyJD obviously hates this board, but there are many of us on here who see these topics as things that bringing down American society and turning our nation into a cesspool.
target-2070972_1280.png

The articles I've read on the story were very clear. Due to the burning of the flag, the crimes he did commit were elevated by 1 grade of severity as is the legal action for handling 'hate crimes'. The action of burning the flag, led to the hate crime pronouncement against the other crimes and significantly enhanced his punishment for what otherwise was misdemeanor offenses. The burning of the rainbow flag was the central element of the hate crime declaration.
You just out-Matlocked Matlock.

The articles I've read on the story were very clear. Due to the burning of the flag, the crimes he did commit were elevated by 1 grade of severity as is the legal action for handling 'hate crimes'. The action of burning the flag, led to the hate crime pronouncement against the other crimes and significantly enhanced his punishment for what otherwise were misdemeanor offenses. The burning of the rainbow flag was the central element of the hate crime declaration.
That's what everything I've read on it says as well.

Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT