ADVERTISEMENT

standing for the national anthem

Last edited:
The articles I've read on the story were very clear. Due to the burning of the flag, the crimes he did commit were elevated by 1 grade of severity as is the legal action for handling 'hate crimes'. The action of burning the flag, led to the hate crime pronouncement against the other crimes and significantly enhanced his punishment for what otherwise were misdemeanor offenses. The burning of the rainbow flag was the central element of the hate crime declaration.
To what extent did his previous felony convictions and “habitual offender” designation impact his sentence?

15 of the 16 years are attributable to his habitual offender status...

For @Ponca Dan - "learning by doing".

Last edited:
I can't believe Colin Kaepernick keeps getting away with stealing flags and burning them indoors while trespassing with no jail time what so ever.

Reactions: iasooner2000
To what extent did his previous felony convictions and “habitual offender” designation impact his sentence?

15 of the 16 years are attributable to his habitual offender status...

For @Ponca Dan - "learning by doing".
We aren't talking about his sentence. Just the evidence that his burning the pride flag created the hate crime designation combined with evidence that certain US athletes want to burn the US flag. Again, verifying my original statement that treating the Pride flag they way certain athletes want to treat the US flag would be designated a hate crime.

• Haha
Reactions: CowboyJD
“Indecent exposure is a serious misdemeanor in the State of Iowa and, if found guilty, it will be under the judge’s discretion whether the possible year sentence is added to his current sentence, or will be served separately, Story County Attorney Tim Meals said.”

So a year for indecent exposure and harassing a female deputy, but 15 for stealing and burning a f ag flag. I guess the former is not nearly as bad as the latter.

We aren't talking about his sentence. Just the evidence that his burning the pride flag created the hate crime designation combined with evidence that certain US athletes want to burn the US flag. Again, verifying my original statement that treating the Pride flag they way certain athletes want to treat the US flag would be designated a hate crime.
Burning a pride flag isn't a hate crime.

“Indecent exposure is a serious misdemeanor in the State of Iowa and, if found guilty, it will be under the judge’s discretion whether the possible year sentence is added to his current sentence, or will be served separately, Story County Attorney Tim Meals said.”

So a year for indecent exposure and harassing a female deputy, but 15 for stealing and burning a f ag flag. I guess the former is not nearly as bad as the latter.
Still no reading comprehension I see.

Speaking of standing for the anthem, I think it's both funny and sad how many sophisticated facebook users are getting sucked in by that clearly fake story about the soccer chicks and the harmonica player.

Last edited:
Speaking of standing for the anthem, I think it's both funny and sad how many sophisticated facebook users are getting sucked in by that clearly fake story about the soccer chicks and the harmonica player.
Had to look this one up. I don’t pay much attention to women’s sport’s, especially pink-haired anti-American carpet munchers. If she hadn’t been such a cvnt in the past, the story probably wouldn’t have been believable.

You read the article and THEN posted “yikes”?

Maybe you even did some additional research before white knighting for this guy?

Huh? I white knighted for the guy by saying yikes?
Come back now, breaker 1-9. Calling mealy mouthed Davey back into the thread. Let's hear it, White Guilty.

Come back now, breaker 1-9. Calling mealy mouthed Davey back into the thread. Let's hear it, White Guilty.
The articles I've read on the story were very clear. Due to the burning of the flag, the crimes he did commit were elevated by 1 grade of severity as is the legal action for handling 'hate crimes'. The action of burning the flag, led to the hate crime pronouncement against the other crimes and significantly enhanced his punishment for what otherwise were misdemeanor offenses. The burning of the rainbow flag was the central element of the hate crime declaration.
That's what everything I've read on it says as well.
So in everything you read, you obviously missed several key facts:
  1. this guy was designated a habitual offender which in and of itself is 15 years
  2. the hate crime designation as you noted moved up the class D crimes to class C adding a few months to his sentence
  3. the scum bag continues to be a scum bag
Is it still surprising to you that this guy got 16 years?

1. this guy was designated a habitual offender which in and of itself is 15 years
  2. the hate crime designation as you noted moved up the class D crimes to class C adding a few months to his sentence
I missed zero facts, dave. A hate crime was charged and successfully prosecuted for him stealing and burning a rainbow flag. My yikes had nothing to do with his sentence.

I missed zero facts, dave. A hate crime was charged and successfully prosecuted for him stealing and burning a rainbow flag. My yikes had nothing to do with his sentence.
Ah, so you were surprised that a known habitual offender was arrested and charged for threatening folks and burning shit. Got it.

Yikes! I thought you were a law and order type. Keep defending the scumbag.

Ah, so you were surprised that a known habitual offender was arrested and charged for threatening folks and burning shit. Got it.

Yikes! I thought you were a law and order type. Keep defending the scumbag.
"Yikes! I thought you were a law and order type. Keep defending the scumbag."

Well we know you lefties aren't so theres that.
Shithole Portland and what not.

At no point in my statements did I discuss the guys punishment. But your#2 bullet starts exactly what I've been saying:. Burning the flag garnered a hate crime designation. That was my only point. For someone who has been critical about other's reading comprehension, you seemed to struggle comprehending mine. But glad to see that we are now in agreement. Burning a pride flag can get you a hate crime designation.

At no point in my statements did I discuss the guys punishment. But your#2 bullet starts exactly what I've been saying:. Burning the flag garnered a hate crime designation. That was my only point. For someone who has been critical about other's reading comprehension, you seemed to struggle comprehending mine. But glad to see that we are now in agreement. Burning a pride flag can get you a hate crime designation.
Burning the flag is not a crime

If burning the fag flag is a hate crime then shouldn’t burning the American flag be a hate crime too? In fact, shouldn’t kneeling during the national anthem be considered a hate crime, too? After all, many of the people who do it admittedly say that they hate our government/country. Am i right?

Reactions: OUSOONER67
If burning the fag flag is a hate crime then shouldn’t burning the American flag be a hate crime too? In fact, shouldn’t kneeling during the national anthem be considered a hate crime, too? After all, many of the people who do it admittedly say that they hate our government/country. Am i right?
This guy has a tremendous grip on what a hate crime is

The hate crime designation came after the fact as you know. He was arrested for his threats, his recklessness in burning what happened to be a flag. He spoke at length about his motivation to the arresting officers and the press making the hate crime designation inevitable. Absent the burning of the flag, he likely would have faced the hate crime designation on the assault charge. Try as hard as you like, burning the pride flag in and of itself would not garner a hate crime designation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT