ADVERTISEMENT

standing for the national anthem

rmdelta1

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2003
was i wrong to stand for the national anthem at church?

my church has a band, they play great popular music before the service starts. our music is very good, rock n roll christian.

before the service memorial weekend, 2 of the band's guitarists came on stage and started playing the jimi hendrix version of the national anthem. i'm sitting 2nd row center, i like watching the guitar guys and i steal their licks. i noticed nobody in the crowd was standing up.

i was taught in osu army rotc to stand and face the flag during the playing of the national anthem. if there is NO flag, stand a face the music. about 12 bars into the anthem, i stood up. the congregation followed my lead. did the same thing at osu football game as the band was rehearsing the anthem in front of the indoor practice facility before a game. NOBODY stood or stopped talking for the anthem.

1 more example and i'm done. in spring '68 i'm at the varsity revue dress rehearsal. my wife was dancing in one of the skits. the orchestra started playing the anthem, the auditorium was full of varsity revue people and they were busy talking or practicing their presentations. i was sitting with another army rotc guy, his wife was dancing in the same skit my wife was dancing in. (yea, dangling preposition) neither of us hesitated, we stood at attention and faced the orchestra during the anthem.

you can do the math, i'm an old fart. but when i'm gone, will anybody stand for the anthem? i hope so,,,,,,,,,,

I would think at a rehearsal it wouldn't be something.

Take heart @rmdelta1. One of the most moving singings of our national anthem happened recently… and it was in New York, of all places. At game 1 of the Islanders / Bruins.

There are good patriots everywhere. They're being allowed to be steamrolled by the leftists, lunatic fringe.
We got to fight back, like our lives depend on it...which it does.

And this pretty much sums up my opinion of “rock-n-roll” Christianity, but to each his own......

49251ec7af5d43565b22ac6bce7de8e093d4ef960d0d06ea68de3ae18c9cc69d.jpg

I struggle with reconciling the following position of certain athletes: "I dislike America enough to not respect its anthem, but please let me represent America in the Olympic games". For football players, they represent the NFL and the teams, and if the teams and league are good with it, then so be it. That's a conscious marketing decision of a private organization. But here were talking about representing America, and you aren't doing that by disrespecting its anthem on a global stage.

Being woke is the new religion haven't you heard. You'll know for sure when we stand at attention and start singing at a rainbow flag.

i know it fills the religious void in your unfulfilling life but I didn’t know you were acknowledging it. Good to know!

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
It is against my religion to practice idolatry.
Standing for the anthem is not worshiping, it‘s honoring and giving respect for those who died protecting our freedoms, imo. You’re asked to stand, not to kneel (isn’t it ironic that those who don’t stand in protest choose to kneel, which is even more reverent?)

Standing for the anthem is not worshiping, it‘s honoring and giving respect for those who died protecting our freedoms, imo. You’re asked to stand, not to kneel (isn’t it ironic that those who don’t stand in protest choose to kneel, which is even more reverent?)
Yeah when I sacrifice my burnt offering to the golden calf it is really just to honor my ancestors.
I have no problem with a moment of silence to honor the fallen. Standing and singing/saluting at a piece of fabric that symbolizes a nation state is a little bit different if you ask me.

BTW, Gwen Berry can cram it up her poop shoot too.
The ungrateful bitch.
Man, it is soooo refreshing to FINALLY see Americans talking about women's hammer throwing. Who cares about OSU baseball or the NBA playoffs or the Stanley Cup Finals or NASCAR. FINALLY, we're talking about fat chicks throwing hammers.

I really don't see the Americans getting very far in the Olympics. I mean, Anita Wlodarczyk and Joanna Fiodorow are going to be awfully tough to beat. The Polish will be HEAVY favorites as always. But Hanna Skydan of Azerbaijan did really well at the Worlds in 2018. Keep an eye on her.

What do you guys think?

Man, it is soooo refreshing to FINALLY see Americans talking about women's hammer throwing. Who cares about OSU baseball or the NBA playoffs or the Stanley Cup Finals or NASCAR. FINALLY, we're talking about fat chicks throwing hammers.

I really don't see the Americans getting very far in the Olympics. I mean, Anita Wlodarczyk and Joanna Fiodorow are going to be awfully tough to beat. The Polish will be HEAVY favorites as always. But Hanna Skydan of Azerbaijan did really well at the Worlds in 2018. Keep an eye on her.

What do you guys think?
Sorry 2 for 1 cop killa forgot to add you to the do these Democrats stand for the national anthem thread. My bad.

Reactions: OUSOONER67

What do you guys think?
Would it matter to you?

Reactions: iasooner2000
Absolutely. I can only assume you're a huge hammer throwing fan. Do you really think Brooke Anderson stands a chance against that field? I hope so.

Or are you one of those people that couldn't give a flip about sports and are just tired of all these negroes causing problems and not knowing their place? It's always something with these damned darkies and queeers.

Absolutely. I can only assume you're a huge hammer throwing fan. Do you really think Brooke Anderson stands a chance against that field? I hope so.

Or are you one of those people that couldn't give a flip about women's sports and are just tired of all these negroes causing problems and not knowing their place? It's always something with these damned darkies and queeers.
I’m no hammer throwing fan, but I do find fat, ugly, anti-American cvnts to be quite despicable.

Or are you one of those people that couldn't give a flip about sports and are just tired of all these negroes causing problems and not knowing their place? It's always something with these damned darkies and queeers.
Ahh I hate America mr 2 for 1 cop killa just uses the mouth slobbering wild racist accusations. Top notch.

I’m with you on the queers. Sodomites’ mere existence is an a abomination, and I don’t shy away from that opinion.

I didn't mention race or sexual preference, dumbass. You drunk?

Just the ones like you that cause trouble. Put those damn things in a bra breastman.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
35hOiyB.gif

Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT