ADVERTISEMENT

SQ 814 - Decrease Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust Fund Deposits and Fund Medicaid Program Amendment (2020)

Bitter Creek

Heisman Candidate
Apr 24, 2008
I'm still trying to make up my mind and would appreciate everyone's thoughts on it.

This measure amends Section 40 of Article 10 of the Oklahoma Constitution. It modifies the amount of the annual tobacco settlement payments to the state to be deposited into the Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust Fund. It modifies the amount of the annual tobacco settlement payments to the state to be deposited into the Tobacco Settlement Fund for appropriation by the Oklahoma Legislature. It specifies that deposits into the Tobacco Settlement Fund shall be appropriated and expended to draw down federal matching funds for the Medicaid program.

Since the ballot measure passed requiring us take the federal Medicaid money; this measure would allow the tobacco fund be used as an additional funding source.

I’ve always thought the fund was kinda dumb anyways. So I don’t care if we raid it for this reason.

Since the ballot measure passed requiring us take the federal Medicaid money; this measure would allow the tobacco fund be used as an additional funding source.

I’ve always thought the fund was kinda dumb anyways. So I don’t care if we raid it for this reason.

That was my thinking as well

The only thing I see from TSAT is billboards and a few radio ads. And considering kids don't pay attention to billboards or listen to the radio, i don't see this impacting new smokers. Old smokers already want to quit and don't need an ad to tell them that they need to.

Reactions: shortbus
I’m talking about you voting twice.

I know you are. So am I.

“So let them send it in and let them go vote, and if their system's as good as they say it is, then obviously they won't be able to vote. If it isn't tabulated, they'll be able to vote."

Last edited:
Reactions: squeak
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT