ADVERTISEMENT

Spider-Man: Far From Home [July 2]

I'm not much on these and Spiderman has been notoriously cheesy in the past. But, this one looked more light-hearted. And Jake Gyllenhall as Mysterio looked pretty cool. I won't go opening weekend but I'll see it sometime in the theater after the rush dies down.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
I'm not a big Spiderman guy (but I've seen them all). Homecoming was my favorite by far. I actually think it is one of the better Marvel movies.

I've enjoyed that they've gone to a more true high school angle than, the angst college aged kid and heavy romance aspect.

Clearly this takes place before Infinity War, right?

If not, they are just making things confusing.

And Marisa Tomei had a lot of work done or got a little computer enhancement. Or both?

I think it takes place before IW and will end with them on the bus heading home when Peter sees the space ships.

I think it takes place before IW and will end with them on the bus heading home when Peter sees the space ships.

That would be cool, especially if it hit theaters before End Game.

Someone’s going to undo everything Thanos has done after they take his pretty toys away though.

They have confirmed it takes place after Endgame.

Feige in a 2018 April interview contrasts the two Spider-Man movies by explaining where Homecoming was Peter returning to normal life after the events of Civil War, Far From Home would be Peter (and the entire world) trying to adjust back to life after the events of the two Avengersmovies:

“What is it like to try to go back to a normal life after what happens in this movie [Infinity War]? Not to mention what happens in the next [Avengers] movie.”

https://za.ign.com/m/kevin-feige/11...coming-sequel-a-return-to-normal-life-after-a

I’ll watch. Just not in the first few weeks it comes out.
giphy.gif

Going tomorrow!

Anyone else go see it besides @AC2017

Just saw it with the older two kiddos.

Very entertaining.

I didn’t care for how they trivialized (IMO) the reappearance of a few billion people after 5 years, but oh well. The rest was a lot of fun and I thought Zendaya did pretty solid job playing an awkward teenager.

Ned’s school trip romance was way over the top cheesy though. I thought the cheese factor was minimal otherwise.

Great credits scenes. I’m sure I need to rewatch them a couple times to make sure I’m not missing much.

Oh ok I figured Sony was loving that Marvel bailed them out and if they made 999 million that was better then losing money. Good to know it was made up.
If that were to happen Sony would lose their Spiderman anyways because Holland's contract is with Marvel not Sony

Reactions: JonnyVito
If that were to happen Sony would lose their Spiderman anyways because Holland's contract is with Marvel not Sony

That's interesting. Wasn't the first Holland Spiderman movie strictly a Sony production, with no tie in to the MCU?

Correct. First appearance as Spider-Man was Captain America: Civil War and the first stand-alone movie was Homecoming.

I'd have to do some research to find the answers to this. Maybe one of you guys knows the details.

So, Sony owned the rights to Spiderman. Marvel/Disney wanted to bring him into the MCU, so they made a deal with Sony to debut Tom Holland in Civil War. Marvel then worked in tandem with Sony on Homecoming, but Sony continues to own the rights to Spiderman and Disney has to pay them to use Spiderman in movies like Infinity War and Endgame. Is that pretty much the gist?

Reactions: JonnyVito
I'd have to do some research to find the answers to this. Maybe one of you guys knows the details.

So, Sony owned the rights to Spiderman. Marvel/Disney wanted to bring him into the MCU, so they made a deal with Sony to debut Tom Holland in Civil War. Marvel then worked in tandem with Sony on Homecoming, but Sony continues to own the rights to Spiderman and Disney has to pay them to use Spiderman in movies like Infinity War and Endgame. Is that pretty much the gist?
Pretty much.

Kind of surprising that it wasn't until Spider-Man's 7th movie that he topped a billion.

He's easily a top 3 super hero.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT