ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer vs Daton

PoOsKuE

Redshirt
Dec 14, 2004
What would the point spread be if Daton and Spencer wrestled a folkstyle match at 57kg?

Daton kicks his ass.
Daton would beat him for sure because Spencer Lee has hurt his knee (maybe hurt it bad). Wittlake match tonight is very important for our future. I am concerned about self confidence. I think Dustin could have a chance against the Utah Valley opponent rated 2.

Reactions: driad
Daton would beat him for sure because Spencer Lee has hurt his knee (maybe hurt it bad). Wittlake match tonight is very important for our future. I am concerned about self confidence. I think Dustin could have a chance against the Utah Valley opponent rated 2.

Witlake is dealing with a little injury (a lot of guys are) and it’s got him second guessing himself a bit.

Needs to go get this win.

Is Skidgel from Navy related to a Skidgel from Oklahoma from yrs. ago?

Reactions: OHkie
It hurts this year and this year only. It does nothing to our future unless TW doesn’t grow from this, get healthy and get better.
I heard Coach Smith say on media day last week when asked about next year said what we can do about next year is do well at Nationals this year.

HONEST ASSESSMENT

We do not need drastic changes! We need conditioning,offensive help,and to start recruiting Pennsylvania HEAVY.There are lots of PA kids at smaller D1 schools who would die to come to OSU.

We spend lots of time tying up and trying to look busy and not really doing anything.

125-Mastro needs strength and experience but next year needs to be improved.
133-We are fine with Fix.
141-149-157 are all big question marks and not sure we have an answer or many NCAA points from these weights next year.
165-Does fine in Big 12 but average against good competitors.Needs to make a big jump.
174-184-Plott or TacoI am higher on Plott and he will do fine when healthy.Taco needs to step up.
197-We are set.
Heavy-we need major help.

We will have to make big gains over next couple years to be in top 3.Look at Missouri,NC STATE,Rutgers,etc have all passed us by.We need to step up!

Sad to watch Wittlake not take a shot in the last minute of the match when he was behind. It looks like he will finish the year poorly which really hurts our future.

Can we at least wait until he is out of the tourney before digging his grave? By all means, if he loses this afternoon very disappointing. However, he can still fight back to finish pretty high. I don't think a top 5 or so finish would be all that disappointing. No idea if he can get there but he hasn't been eliminated yet.

Reactions: osu2082
Can we at least wait until he is out of the tourney before digging his grave? By all means, if he loses this afternoon very disappointing. However, he can still fight back to finish pretty high. I don't think a top 5 or so finish would be all that disappointing. No idea if he can get there but he hasn't been eliminated yet.
I hope that I can say you were right. He should win his next match against Mich. St.

I hope that I can say you were right. He should win his next match against Mich. St.

To be clear I'm not saying he will finish strong. I have no idea what to expect from him honestly. Just saying still a lot of wrestling left.

Daton needs to open up the aggression just a little bit. I was wanting him to destroy DeSantos last night but he went into his defensive shell after getting the early takedown. I know he has elite defense but that strategy got him beat(along with a head piece foul) in 2019.

Reactions: duke-of-earl
With Daton being 23 and in his 4th year post high school, do you think he will use all three remaining years of eligibility? I could see him having more of a hybrid schedule like Snyder did with his transition to freestyle full time.

Daton needs to open up the aggression just a little bit. I was wanting him to destroy DeSantos last night but he went into his defensive shell after getting the early takedown. I know he has elite defense but that strategy got him beat(along with a head piece foul) in 2019.
And the bs whistle from the top position. Still po’d about that.

Reactions: turfpoke
Has the olympics being pushed back a year helped anyone more than Fix? He’s suspended last year so he was going to miss it. Now he’s a year better, a year bigger, and the favorite at his weight is severely injured and lost all his explosiveness and movement from neutral.

its Fix’ spot to lose now. He has to be the favorite for trials. It’ll be interesting if RBY throws his hat in the ring at 57kgs. You would think he’d be a 61kg in non Olympic years but he hasn’t gotten much bigger since his freshman year in terms of muscling up from the wr. Daton looked like the bigger man and he’ll be at 57kg you can bet your ass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT