ADVERTISEMENT

Sooners have short memories

Mrgrapple

2nd Team
Sep 8, 2006
OU over West Virginia tonight on TV, announcer said more than once that the Sooners are undefeated in the conference. I guess they forgot about their little trip to Stillwater.

So Rosselli takes a page from Tom Ryan's playbook and schedules a dual at an in-state HS (a recruiting tactic).

Then has free admission and arranges for food to be there.

And loses.

So Rosselli takes a page from Tom Ryan's playbook and schedules a dual at an in-state HS (a recruiting tactic).

And loses.
Lmao yep.

And loses.

I mean that is bad. So, so bad. Losing at Tuttle to an average at best team is not good.

It is why I have been saying our fans freaking out about the OURTC is dumb. You can have the best RTC in the world but if OU doesn't eventually show progress on the mat it doesn't matter.

OSU isn’t chasing Ou we are Chasin PSU And need to Improve Our RTC program to catch them period

OSU isn’t chasing Ou we are Chasin PSU And need to Improve Our RTC program to catch them period
I have said this before and I will say it again. For the good of wrestling in the state of Oklahoma and in the nation OU has got to improve and we, as Cowboy fans, have to want them to succeed. Obviously I want to win every time we wrestle them but if they get to the point where they win occasionally that is a good thing. It means they have gotten better and at the same time we have to improve our wrestling to stay ahead. The enthusiasm is gone from Bedlam wrestling and we need it back. We do need to improve our RTC program with major bucks. We need big donors and small donors alike. I am in the latter category but my retirement pay could stand to contribute a reasonable amount say on a monthly basis.The first step is to work on a fund drive that will appeal to all donors, large and small and get it done!
LETS GO POKES!!!

For sure, which has been my point all along. Worry about the PSU, ASU, OSU and Iowa RTCs. Our fans freaking out about the OURTC has always been dumb. OU is a long, long way from competing with us on any level.

Reactions: osu2082
we need to worry about running our own race, and not necessarily on OU. OU priorities isn't to make wrestling elite again unfortunately. Their priorities are football, which is king, mens basketball, baseball (funds to remodel the stadium as well as other accessories), mens golf has taken off for them, and gymnastics is a huge staple for them. A lot of my buddies consider OU wrestling as an afterthought along with their tennis program. OU has made some strides, but reality is OU wrestling is far away from being the top 5-10 team they once were and don't be heading that direction anytime soon.

I watched the Ohio State dual last night and they toured their current facilities, and they may be close to most jr highs as far as locker rooms go. Unfortunately they also toured their new facility and it is an absolute game changer. 5 mats long, adjoining competition arena, lounge, locker room the works! It is a multi sport facility but they share it with volleyball, something that couldn’t be done In Stillwater. It’s hard to share facilities with equestrian.

I watched the Ohio State dual last night and they toured their current facilities, and they may be close to most jr highs as far as locker rooms go. Unfortunately they also toured their new facility and it is an absolute game changer. 5 mats long, adjoining competition arena, lounge, locker room the works! It is a multi sport facility but they share it with volleyball, something that couldn’t be done In Stillwater. It’s hard to share facilities with equestrian.

Flo has a video of the new tOSU facility. It's sick.

I think Ryan said it's 45k square feet & the total cost was $48 mil.

I take "sick" in the old fashioned way. 45,000 square feet is way too much space. I want our new facilities to be enlarged and have all the mats, equipment we need without columns in the way but surely we can get a new facility that is even less than half that size with no skimping on what we need. Surely, the Ohio State facility must be partially shared with other sport or sports. It needs to be kept in mind that hopefully the first priority of a University is Education and learning. We have the tradition and the coaches and we do need a new wrestling room and Olympic training facility but we do not need 45,000 square feet.

I take "sick" in the old fashioned way. 45,000 square feet is way too much space. I want our new facilities to be enlarged and have all the mats, equipment we need without columns in the way but surely we can get a new facility that is even less than half that size with no skimping on what we need. Surely, the Ohio State facility must be partially shared with other sport or sports. It needs to be kept in mind that hopefully the first priority of a University is Education and learning. We have the tradition and the coaches and we do need a new wrestling room and Olympic training facility but we do not need 45,000 square feet.

It gets worse :(

The 45k square footage was for wrestling only - the wrestling room, locker room, training room, video room, lounge, offices...it doesn't include the arena itself, which holds 4500, or space used for other sports.

just the floor space for 6 42' mats is almost 16,000 sf. 60 x 60 locker/shower space is 3,600. Cardio room half that size? They have close to 2000 sf of office space, which is kind of crowded. Weight room in basement of Gallagher may need to be duplicated somewhat depending on location, so there is another 4000. Close to 30,000 already.

just the floor space for 6 42' mats is almost 16,000 sf. 60 x 60 locker/shower space is 3,600. Cardio room half that size? They have close to 2000 sf of office space, which is kind of crowded. Weight room in basement of Gallagher may need to be duplicated somewhat depending on location, so there is another 4000. Close to 30,000 already.
I See 27,400 for the rooms mentioned above. I do not see a separate arena for wrestling but I do see your point. I do not see $48,000,000 for an arena and all this unless the arena could serve other purposes including practice space for other sports etc.

The reason why the price tag is $48 mill and it's so large is they have combined the Wrestling facility with the multi sport arena.

Still top of the line amenities but the combination does inflate the numbers.

I See 27,400 for the rooms mentioned above. I do not see a separate arena for wrestling but I do see your point. I do not see $48,000,000 for an arena and all this unless the arena could serve other purposes including practice space for other sports etc.
gotta have hallways, storage, toilets, and dont forget comfortable chairs to watch practice for us old guys!

Reactions: oberebo
gotta have hallways, storage, toilets, and dont forget comfortable chairs to watch practice for us old guys!

You'd like this then...Ryan said boosters can watch practice remotely.

Quick video on the tOSU facility. It will host vball, gymnastics, fencing & wrestling. At the 28 second mark is the schematic, wrestling is in red - 2 floors with 5 mats on the 1st floor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT