ADVERTISEMENT

Solving problem at HWT?

We have been hearing about HW transfer for years.

Harris needs to develop a shot.he beat guys with throws in the tourney.quick guys or smart guys who stay out of tie ups beat him

You can pass all you want. I’ll take him as long as he swears a blood oath not to leave for at least 2 years.
I would take Kerkvliet again. If healthy he could be right there with Paris next year. However not there with Gable.

I wouldn’t take him again, along with any other questionable character wrestlers.

Commits that back out, see ya. Have drinking and partying problems, go somewhere else.

There are only so many scholarships to offer. You can only bring in so many kids that need taking under a wing before you’ve got a mess on your hands. I know you have to take a chance occasionally, but it shouldn’t be a habit.

Reactions: tom_v31
You can pass all you want. I’ll take him as long as he swears a blood oath not to leave for at least 2 years.
Won’t happen. He’s got wandering eyes. The grass is always greener. If he can’t get what he wants at PSU, training with the likes of Snyder, he won’t be happy anywhere.

I wouldn’t take him again, along with any other questionable character wrestlers.

Commits that back out, see ya. Have drinking and partying problems, go somewhere else.

There are only so many scholarships to offer. You can only bring in so many kids that need taking under a wing before you’ve got a mess on your hands. I know you have to take a chance occasionally, but it shouldn’t be a habit.
I agree. The moment a little turbulence comes along, he bales. Quitting is a habit you don’t want around the rest of your team members

Just seen Chase Singletary entered the transport portal. He could be a decent heavy, he was the top 220 coming out of high school

Reactions: turfpoke
You guys need to get 149 Kizhan Clarke American
Speaking of Cowboy HWTs Austin Schaeffer won in the 1st round of the Last Chance by tech fall wrestling 97KG. I saw Van Ness won by tech fall in the 1st round against Fauz. Wish Voinovich or young Mastro or Haas were wrestling.

Reactions: Rdcldad
Gremmel is in the portal. According to this thread, we were connected to him previously.

Gremmel is in the portal. According to this thread, we were connected to him previously.
5th place finish last season and scored 10.0 points at the NCAA tournament. 10.0 more than we are looking at right now. Would he even be able to get enrolled this late? It will be interesting to see how some of these late season additions do. I am conflicted on whether adding guys this late in the season is good for the “team”. On the other hand when you see other contenders doing this it feels like it is necessary to compete for championships. Have to adapt and the times have changed. Put the best 10 you can find out there. Have to be confident that it isn’t going to create a bad culture.

5th place finish last season and scored 10.0 points at the NCAA tournament. 10.0 more than we are looking at right now. Would he even be able to get enrolled this late? It will be interesting to see how some of these late season additions do. I am conflicted on whether adding guys this late in the season is good for the “team”. On the other hand when you see other contenders doing this it feels like it is necessary to compete for championships. Have to adapt and the times have changed. Put the best 10 you can find out there. Have to be confident that it isn’t going to create a bad culture.
The bracket would have to fall right for Gremmel to AA this year just like for Surber . Surber is a freshman who beat out a blood round guy which scored points for us last year . Why bring in a guy for a few months with less upside than Surber?

Bring in Gable Steveson and we still wouldn't win this year. I am fine with Surber who is a better wrestler than most heavy weights. We need to recruit a heavy for the future that has 4 years of eligibility in front of him.

Bring in Gable Steveson and we still wouldn't win this year. I am fine with Surber who is a better wrestler than most heavy weights. We need to recruit a heavy for the future that has 4 years of eligibility in front of him.
Well sure we could. You can win NCAA with 3 individual NCs, Iowa did it with 1 last year, Minny did it with none in the past. Look at what 20+ more points wouldve done last year then flip one match Fix over RBY. Watching Iowa v Minny last night, Iowa appears to be a shell of last years team, never seen them wrestle that way in Carver. Penn St is the team to beat this year. That said, I dont want Steveson happy with the guy we've got, a lot of upside potential.

Since Penn St. has #1 at four weights and every wrestler ranked, I don't think it is in the cards for this year. Curious how you get 3 champions. 1. Daton could win it but that is not a certainty. AJ probably will win it. And I do not think Steveson is going to transfer to us. Harley is probably at the Geary Tournament and the finals are at five. I hope he can post results of the Semis.

Since Penn St. has #1 at four weights and every wrestler ranked, I don't think it is in the cards for this year. Curious how you get 3 champions. 1. Daton could win it but that is not a certainty. AJ probably will win it. And I do not think Steveson is going to transfer to us.
AJ might just take him out back, whip hiss ass & make him transfer here.

Reactions: JAY45
Since Penn St. has #1 at four weights and every wrestler ranked, I don't think it is in the cards for this year. Curious how you get 3 champions. 1. Daton could win it but that is not a certainty. AJ probably will win it. And I do not think Steveson is going to transfer to us. Harley is probably at the Geary Tournament and the finals are at five. I hope he can post results of the Semis.
If Gable transferred, that's 1, you said we couldn't win it with Gable. AJ is 2. Fix is obviously capable of winning, thats 3 and would knock PSU back to 3. We are certainly capable.

Once Gables gone I’d like to see AJ really bulk up and go HW. He’s honestly not the big in the upper body even tho he’s always flexing lol. His legs are huge and he’s definitely ripped but he could get really big incredibly easy. He would have no problem being 240-250 in one off season and still be almost as lean as he is now. I’m sure it wouldn’t cost him a bit of his athleticism either.
mat 240 I think he’s too athletic for Cass. Parris would be interesting because of his top game but that’d be a fun match. Then there Kerk who I think it’d be pretty even between him and AJ. Neither guy would have much advantage on the mat so it’d be a fun take down battle.
i think it makes since for the team and makes sense for AJ to keep lifting and getting bigger. Plus his brothers are coming and they would have no problem getting up to 197. Imo

Watched the Amos vs Bulsak match. Amos looks super lean at 197, kind of like Snyder did. I think he would probably be better off at heavy, but it doesn't work with their lineup.

Once Gables gone I’d like to see AJ really bulk up and go HW. He’s honestly not the big in the upper body even tho he’s always flexing lol. His legs are huge and he’s definitely ripped but he could get really big incredibly easy. He would have no problem being 240-250 in one off season and still be almost as lean as he is now. I’m sure it wouldn’t cost him a bit of his athleticism either.
mat 240 I think he’s too athletic for Cass. Parris would be interesting because of his top game but that’d be a fun match. Then there Kerk who I think it’d be pretty even between him and AJ. Neither guy would have much advantage on the mat so it’d be a fun take down battle.
i think it makes since for the team and makes sense for AJ to keep lifting and getting bigger. Plus his brothers are coming and they would have no problem getting up to 197. Imo
I'm not sure what the benefit is of doing this, other than fun matchups as a fan and solving the perennial problem of finding a good heavyweight. But Surber sure seems to have the goods other than needing some more weight on his frame, and that should come with time... would you have Surber go down to 197? There's also the risk that AJ would go too hard in trying to bulk up and would injure himself, then we might have one less NC contender. Just seems risky to trade a really good sure thing for a possibly-slightly-better thing.

OSU is certainly in the running for the championship. We've seen just how quick a team's prowess can go up or down with injuries, kids jumping levels, etc. Now we'd need some setbacks for PSU in addition to our team outperforming expectations, but it's certainly possible. Maybe the Lehigh medical team can do all of PSU's skin checks 😆

I'm not sure what the benefit is of doing this, other than fun matchups as a fan and solving the perennial problem of finding a good heavyweight. But Surber sure seems to have the goods other than needing some more weight on his frame, and that should come with time... would you have Surber go down to 197? There's also the risk that AJ would go too hard in trying to bulk up and would injure himself, then we might have one less NC contender. Just seems risky to trade a really good sure thing for a possibly-slightly-better thing.

OSU is certainly in the running for the championship. We've seen just how quick a team's prowess can go up or down with injuries, kids jumping levels, etc. Now we'd need some setbacks for PSU in addition to our team outperforming expectations, but it's certainly possible. Maybe the Lehigh medical team can do all of PSU's skin checks 😆
I agree. I’d rather keep AJ at 197 if possible and just keep bulking Surber up. I think he could be a really good heavyweight for us.

Reactions: turfpoke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT