ADVERTISEMENT

So what are you doing today?

@Syskatine and @SquatchinPoke and any other chicken guys out there, do you have to quarantine new birds for a while to avoid potential avian flu contamination or just throw them in with the rest of the herd immediately? Or is that just not a concern?
I like raising chicks for new birds so I have them in the garage for months before one makes it to the flock. AI isn't the big worry on contamination. I always wash up after messing with either flock and I usually do the chickens in the morning and afternoon then chicks at night. I just listen to a whole podcast on bio security before I did this round. My flock is strong right now but i want to get a blue egg layer rooster and cross my Marans and see if I can get some cool olive eggs.

County fair for best egg is mine this year hands down. i had to pay a kid to enter for me.

@Syskatine and @SquatchinPoke and any other chicken guys out there, do you have to quarantine new birds for a while to avoid potential avian flu contamination or just throw them in with the rest of the herd immediately? Or is that just not a concern?
Whassup my man? I haven't heard of avian flu issues with chickens around here. I haven't been to poultry houses but the swine houses around here have birds in them and they take their biosecurity seriously. I don't know how poultry houses could keep wild birds out, either, and haven't heard of any poultry issues around here.

Of course, as soon as I say that you'll throw them together and go out and they'll all be dead.

Reactions: wyomingosualum
Whassup my man? I haven't heard of avian flu issues with chickens around here. I haven't been to poultry houses but the swine houses around here have birds in them and they take their biosecurity seriously. I don't know how poultry houses could keep wild birds out, either, and haven't heard of any poultry issues around here.

Of course, as soon as I say that you'll throw them together and go out and they'll all be dead.
Hey, didn’t think you’d be answering anytime soon. Trial over? Bench or jury? Favorable outcome?

Back from my farm record keeping class after working from home with a sick 4 year old all day. Next going to get the chickens in order then play a poker tourney tonight while doing paperwork.

Hey @HighStickHarry watch out I will be in the Perk tomorrow.

stay-out-of-malibu-lebowski-o.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT