ADVERTISEMENT

So what are you doing today?

wyomingosualum

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2005
While it can be entertaining to shit on each other, we should probably take a moment and focus on something positive on occasion. If you’re working today, what are you working on? How’s it going? If you’re retired, you’re still doing something. What?

I am waiting for the snow on the roof to melt so I can climb up there and sweep out the chimney. Several vehicles need oil changed. It’s an exciting time of year.

@Syskatine what are you working on? What’s your most interesting case going on right now?

I'm working on two items. First is a report to our senior IT leadership regarding the ongoing Cyber-resiliency project. Second is a writeup for the Federal Reserve regarding the findings from the last disaster recovery test.
Well, be sure to recommend that they stop creating disasters and then we won’t have to recover from them!

While it can be entertaining to shit on each other, we should probably take a moment and focus on something positive on occasion. If you’re working today, what are you working on? How’s it going? If you’re retired, you’re still doing something. What?

I am waiting for the snow on the roof to melt so I can climb up there and sweep out the chimney. Several vehicles need oil changed. It’s an exciting time of year.

@Syskatine what are you working on? What’s your most interesting case going on right now?
I've been drafting a purchase agreement for an oil lease, and this afternoon im unraveling the accounting and surveys of a general contractor that is fleecing their sub by backcharging for insufficient dirt volumes. It's as regular as the sunrise in the dirt/rock/ industry.

I have a light day today. Taking the kid to the doctors for a flu vaccine (paging @Corndog2021) this afternoon. So, I am trying to get 8 hours done in 6. I have a few accounts to renew then a couple quotes to get put through to underwriters. When we get back, I will clean out the chicken coop and collect eggs. Cut up a squash and zucchini for snacks for them. Have dinner with the wife and kid and then I have a 3–4-hour block opened this evening for online poker and then have been looking into permitting process for commercial hunting companies. Looking at cost and such associated with it. Did you guys know giraffe's run like 50k-150k and they really like selling them to "zoos". Man, when the lady found out I wanted to breed them for hunting I think I made the PETA hit list. I think water buffalos and bison might be the money maker. Though Dall Rams seems easy also. Anyways I have to have a solid proposal to sell the BIL on, but man there seems like money to be made on this.

Waiting on a package to be delivered and also a phone call from the place that is going to fix my pellet heater, been trying to get it fixed since last year.
Then at 4 taking the old Dodge Truck to a mechanic to see why my Tranny has a slow drip leak. The gasket around the pan is a little wet so hoping it just needs a new gasket.

I've been drafting a purchase agreement for an oil lease, and this afternoon im unraveling the accounting and surveys of a general contractor that is fleecing their sub by backcharging for insufficient dirt volumes. It's as regular as the sunrise in the dirt/rock/ industry.
Had a lot of white collar cases over the years. Any chance the afternoon work turns into anything criminal?

I'm more of an open air kind of guy but with the mosquitoes in Florida I certainly understand the need for them.
Don't forget the gators. My bro in Florida has one similar to this over and around his pool and hot tub. Not only good to keep out insects but gators, snakes and all the different kinds of birds in Florida that love the water, including your pool.
banner-aluminum-pool-cage.jpg

Reactions: iasooner2000
Arrived in Lyon, France today on 3 evenings of business. Did you know Lyon is considered the gastro capital of the world? Shocked me. Only city in the world with 17 Michelein star restaurants. After that vacation time. 3 nights in Paris with the wife. Then meet a Belgium former co-worker (born and raised in Belgium), in Brussels. Spend the day in Brussels and then 3 nights in Antwerp where he lives. Then go home. Been to Brussels and Antwerp before, Antwerp a beautiful city.

Only thing I don't like about mine is that it seems to hold the water temp down. I also have a heater which negates that but runs up the electric bill.
This is true. My next door neighbor doesn't have an enclosure and his pool runs about 4-5 degrees warmer than mine in the summer. I also have a heater, and do use it at times during the fall and spring just to bump the pool up a couple degrees to extend the swim season. I also have a hot tub but frankly don't use it often as it doesn't really get that cold.

Brother, I know you want and need the moisture, but I feel for you if you have snow already.

I just returned from a quick trip to Switzerland. I spent the morning at Scottsdale Land Management office. I have plans to buy 5 acres near Pinnacle Peak that currently does not have improved road access but has topographical designated easements. I plan on building my retirement home. I spent a lot of time finding land in a particular location that is void of HOA, HOA fees and HOA restrictions and HOA assholes.

Had a lot of white collar cases over the years. Any chance the afternoon work turns into anything criminal?
In a perfect world, maybe. The likelihood of sheriffs or prosecutors spending time and resources and holing up with engineers and aerial survey data and spreadsheets to try a case like this is 490000829464433833881 to one.

I join Dan's consolation about October snow.

I just returned from a quick trip to Switzerland. I spent the morning at Scottsdale Land Management office. I have plans to buy 5 acres near Pinnacle Peak that currently does not have improved road access but has topographical designated easements. I plan on building my retirement home. I spent a lot of time finding land in a particular location that is void of HOA, HOA fees and HOA restrictions and HOA assholes.
My daughter is attending her first year of college in your area. GCU.

How soon before you will be ready to retire and build?

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Brother, I know you want and need the moisture, but I feel for you if you have snow already.
It has melted off in the yard for the most part, mountains still have it. It’s not going to melt off in those higher elevations at this point. 36 out there right now. The good news is that it’s supposed to be in the 40s this weekend, so I’ll just wait a few more days to get the chimney cleaned out.

Running out of stuff to do is never an issue.

How was your day?

Arrived in Lyon, France today on 3 evenings of business. Did you know Lyon is considered the gastro capital of the world? Shocked me. Only city in the world with 17 Michelein star restaurants. After that vacation time. 3 nights in Paris with the wife. Then meet a Belgium former co-worker (born and raised in Belgium), in Brussels. Spend the day in Brussels and then 3 nights in Antwerp where he lives. Then go home. Been to Brussels and Antwerp before, Antwerp a beautiful city.
I am envious. I know the area of Lyon and all roads south very well. Good food and good wine.

How did you get hooked up on that?
My wife was in the 95th Division when she was in the military.

She's on the board of the 95th Division Association.

We went for a 95th Division reunion. The Iron Men of Metz were in the 95th Division during WWII and were there.

They laid a wreath at their commanding Generals gravesite in Arlington which was very moving to see.

We went to various museums (including the new National Museum of the US Army) with them.

We had a dining out on Saturday and a "Metz Hour" memorial service for the WWII vets of the 95th that have passed in the last year on Sunday.

The hospitality room was open each night during the reunion where they hung out, drank whiskey, and told tales.

Nearly all of them are approaching 100. Most of them were still sharp as a tack mentally. A couple of them still drank me under the table.

I like it. Look down on those Estancia folks. Or probably up a bit as the area above Estancia is a preserve.

Last edited:
Reactions: davidallen

Landed the IB we needed for an exit process on very favorable terms. Been a ton of work, but should return an extra $10 mln to our stakeholders. I'm tired.

Waiting on a package to be delivered and also a phone call from the place that is going to fix my pellet heater, been trying to get it fixed since last year.
Then at 4 taking the old Dodge Truck to a mechanic to see why my Tranny has a slow drip leak. The gasket around the pan is a little wet so hoping it just needs a new gasket.
Yore Tranny may have an STD. I hear that leads to dribbles and drips where it leaks. Good look with that.

I approve.

Yore Tranny may have an STD. I hear that leads to dribbles and drips where it leaks. Good look with that.
Lol yeah the old tranny aint wore out just yet. Pan Gasket needs replaced. Going to get a new gasket and filter put on Tuesday. Love this old truck, 94 with just over 56,000 miles on her now, runs great. I remember when the 2nd Gen Dodge Trucks hit the road in 94, they were so ahead of their time and looked so different than anything else at the time. I wanted one back then, only took me 28 yrs to buy one. I do need a name for it, thinking of Dodge Allen. What you think?
FgIWycRWYAA9YKp

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT