ADVERTISEMENT

So I caught covid

squeak

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2001
I’ve been back to work and out and about with really no precautions since May 2020. Was set for the vaccine in late spring. I read the moderna fact sheet and decided to hold off. Planned to give it some time. I’m in my 40s and healthy. At risk family was vaccinated.

Shortly after a friend of my wife’s took the Moderna and had a bad reaction. Was hospitalized. Couldn’t return to teach and has since had to quit. Really freaked my wife out.

I decided in July I’d go ahead and get it. So, I signed up. My wife lost it so I cancelled. I brought it up again and she asked that I wait a little longer, at least til it was approved by the FDA. So I did. Was scheduled for last Sunday.

Two weeks ago my daughter gets sick. 24 hour bug. Then my wife gets a minor sinus infection that lingers. Then son gets a 48 hour bug. Wife’s gets worse. Then last week I get it. I got it the worst, arguably. 5 days, low fever off and on. Aches and pains and headache early, then minor cough. Had all the symptoms except shortness of breath and loss of taste and smell. Wife still can’t taste or smell

48 hours fever free now. Still resting. Looks like im over the hump.

Took Vitamin C, D, zinc, and NAC every morning. Emergen C and another NAC during the day, then D, zinc, and NAC at night. Tylenol only when fever approached 100. Also took cough and congestion medicine as needed. Ate chicken noodle soup and drank tons of water. Aleve for the headache.

Rest was huge. I monitored my temp constantly. If I got up to do anything my temp spiked.

The flu for me was significantly worse, but I took this way more seriously. The frustrating part is there is shîtty instruction from the CDC on treatment. Basically says listen to your healthcare provider but guidance out there says not to go unless you have trouble breathing or are delirious. On top of that the fear mongering doesn’t help.

At this same time I have two friends my age in Dallas who are vaccinated and much worse than I am. I’m not saying that bc I think they are worse bc of the vaccine, I’m saying that just bc you have the vaccine, don’t think you won’t get it. Have a treatment plan in place. Stock up on what you need. And if you get it, rest. That was the best medicine in my opinion.

Thought I’d share, for what it’s worth.

Sounds pretty close to mine except the first week SUCKED and had a few days I couldn’t get out of bed and few days the second week I really struggled to breath. The weird part was the memory loss and decreased lung capacity that lingered for awhile.

Sounds pretty close to mine except the first week SUCKED and had a few days I couldn’t get out of bed and few days the second week I really struggled to breath. The weird part was the memory loss and decreased lung capacity that lingered for awhile.
Memory loss? Damn I've had Covid for years I guess.

I’ve been back to work and out and about with really no precautions since May 2020. Was set for the vaccine in late spring. I read the moderna fact sheet and decided to hold off. Planned to give it some time. I’m in my 40s and healthy. At risk family was vaccinated.

Shortly after a friend of my wife’s took the Moderna and had a bad reaction. Was hospitalized. Couldn’t return to teach and has since had to quit. Really freaked my wife out.

I decided in July I’d go ahead and get it. So, I signed up. My wife lost it so I cancelled. I brought it up again and she asked that I wait a little longer, at least til it was approved by the FDA. So I did. Was scheduled for last Sunday.

Two weeks ago my daughter gets sick. 24 hour bug. Then my wife gets a minor sinus infection that lingers. Then son gets a 48 hour bug. Wife’s gets worse. Then last week I get it. I got it the worst, arguably. 5 days, low fever off and on. Aches and pains and headache early, then minor cough. Had all the symptoms except shortness of breath and loss of taste and smell. Wife still can’t taste or smell

Took Vitamin C, D, zinc, and NAC every morning. Emergen C and another NAC during the day, then D, zinc, and NAC at night. Tylenol only when fever approached 100. Also took cough and congestion medicine as needed. Ate chicken noodle soup and drank tons of water. Aleve for the headache.

Rest was huge. I monitored my temp constantly. If I got up to do anything my temp spiked.

The flu for me was significantly worse, but I took this way more seriously. The frustrating part is there is shîtty instruction from the CDC on treatment. Basically says listen to your healthcare provider but guidance out there says not to go unless you have trouble breathing or are delirious. On top of that the fear mongering doesn’t help.

At this same time I have two friends my age in Dallas who are vaccinated and much worse than I am. I’m not saying that bc I think they are worse bc of the vaccine, I’m saying that just bc you have the vaccine, don’t think you won’t get it. Have a treatment plan in place. Stock up on what you need. And if you get it, rest. That was the best medicine in my opinion.

I got it in early August. I wasn’t planning to get the vaccine until sometime next year because I wanted more data and I was waiting on some other newer options to see how they progressed. I fully expected that I would get infected at some point with a plan to wait that long.

We just started our vacation and had to cut it short. My wife got it first, kids might have gotten it but if so they had minimal symptoms. I had it worst in our family and it’s the sickest I’ve been in some time, but far from the sickest I’ve been. Mono @17yo takes that prize easily.

I’m 46 and never have any illness ever affect my lungs and I’ve never had pneumonia unless I had it as an infant. I am a bit over weight and out of shape, and that was my greatest concern, but given my good lung history I felt my odds of serious covid were low and thankfully that’s how it played out.

First three days were sinus congestion, mild headache, mild achiness, and fatigue. Days 4-7 were slowly progressing mild fever and severe headache with major fatigue. Fever broke on day 7 but the headache hung around another 3 days. I had a mild cough from the sinus drainage drying out my throat, but that happens almost any time I get a cold. Right before the fever broke I thought I might have to figure out how to visit a doc soon but since I never had shortness of breath I didn’t have a sense of urgency.

I slept more in the 14 days following first symptoms than I have in years. I’ve been taking D, multi, zinc, NAC, Quercetin once a day for about 14 months, plus other unrelated supplements.

Wife and I both lost taste and smell for about 2 days. Hers came back 100% normal while mine still has a few quirks. Peanut butter still tastes like salty-sweet dirt.

I’ve been downing Powerade like it’s going out of style. My hydration levels are much more sensitive at the moment… hard to describe. It’s not any harder to stay hydrated, I’m just way more sensitive to how hydrated I am.

Fatigue was pretty much a non-issue 21 days after first symptoms. But I strongly recommend taking it easy until you are confident you have your energy back. I pushed too hard a couple days somewhere around day 16 and I was worthless the rest of the day.

Glad everyone is doing well in your fam.

I got it in early August. I wasn’t planning to get the vaccine until sometime next year because I wanted more data and I was waiting on some other newer options to see how they progressed. I fully expected that I would get infected at some point with a plan to wait that long.

We just started our vacation and had to cut it short. My wife got it first, kids might have gotten it but if so they had minimal symptoms. I had it worst in our family and it’s the sickest I’ve been in some time, but far from the sickest I’ve been. Mono @17yo takes that prize easily.

I’m 46 and never have any illness ever affect my lungs and I’ve never had pneumonia unless I had it as an infant. I am a bit over weight and out of shape, and that was my greatest concern, but given my good lung history I felt my odds of serious covid were low and thankfully that’s how it played out.

First three days were sinus congestion, mild headache, mild achiness, and fatigue. Days 4-7 were slowly progressing mild fever and severe headache with major fatigue. Fever broke on day 7 but the headache hung around another 3 days. I had a mild cough from the sinus drainage drying out my throat, but that happens almost any time I get a cold. Right before the fever broke I thought I might have to figure out how to visit a doc soon but since I never had shortness of breath I didn’t have a sense of urgency.

I slept more in the 14 days following first symptoms than I have in years. I’ve been taking D, multi, zinc, NAC, Quercetin once a day for about 14 months, plus other unrelated supplements.

Wife and I both lost taste and smell for about 2 days. Hers came back 100% normal while mine still has a few quirks. Peanut butter still tastes like salty-sweet dirt.

I’ve been downing Powerade like it’s going out of style. My hydration levels are much more sensitive at the moment… hard to describe. It’s not any harder to stay hydrated, I’m just way more sensitive to how hydrated I am.

Fatigue was pretty much a non-issue 21 days after first symptoms. But I strongly recommend taking it easy until you are confident you have your energy back. I pushed too hard a couple days somewhere around day 16 and I was worthless the rest of the day.

Thank you for the advice. I have a Pinehurst trip in 10 days. Hoping I have my energy back by then. I will be taking it easy even though it’s is annoying my wife.

Thank you for the advice. I have a Pinehurst trip in 10 days. Hoping I have my energy back by then. I will be taking it easy even though it’s is annoying my wife.

Yeah with that trip coming I recommend doing as little as possible the next few days. If you are in pretty good shape maybe it won’t be much of an issue.

Question. Were the C,D, and zinc regimens started in response to the infection, or had you been taking them for some time prior?

Those vitamins and NAC I had been taking fairly regularly for about a year.

I ran across some information just over a year ago suggesting that D, zinc, NAC, and quercetin all provided certain immune system benefits and might provide specific benefits related to covid infections.

I’ve slept a lot since then so I don’t recall any of those details but I decided to start taking all of them because they could have plenty of benefits beyond any covid concern. I was especially interested in addressing vitamin D deficiency since I am pretty fair skinned and thus need to limit UV exposure.

We did have a suggested treatment regamen on here in the late spring. It was pinned at the top for a while. It had lots of good info in it

Reactions: soonerinlOUisiana
I'm pretty sure most all of those mentioned were on the list...I've been taking them as well and it's beaten the shit out of covid as I've never caught it! I've also had the 3rd shot of Moderna.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton

I'm glad ya'll are okay.

How this deal impacts different people is so random. I can't wait for them to figure out why some of do and don't have immunity. There's clearly some genetic component to our natural immunity.

I haven’t had any formal COVID diagnosis yet, because I’ve never felt bad enough to see a physician. Late December, I came down with cold/congestion/scratchy throat, and was coughing up some really nasty brown stuff. The whole thing passed in about 5-7 days though. It usually takes me about 10-14 days to get over cold/flu. Almost the same thing happened in late March, except that time I pretty much lost smell for about 1-2 days. Late June early July I started feeling the early cold symptoms (itchy scratchy throat) but it passed after about 1-2 days. I’ve been on a regimen for about 10 years that includes D3, E, slow release iron, krill oil, and a multi vitamin. Added 1000 mg of C daily when COVID started. Also, each time I started feeling sick, I used Zicam according to instructions. I’ve added Zinc to my daily regimen the last month. I had my second Pfizer shot this past Saturday, and have had mild headache off and on since. Take all that for what it’s worth.

I personally think Vit D has a lot to do with it. NP put me on it about 10 years ago because my numbers were low. She said that this was actually quite common because modern humans spend far less time in the sun than our ancestors did.

I’m curious if the variants make the vaccines useless will they tell us the truth? The virus is already kicking the vaccines butt.

I'm glad ya'll are okay.

How this deal impacts different people is so random. I can't wait for them to figure out why some of do and don't have immunity. There's clearly some genetic component to our natural immunity.
Classy Syskatine. I am going to be nice to you for the entire month of September. This virus is a weird one for sure. Spikes up and down seem illogical.

I haven’t had any formal COVID diagnosis yet, because I’ve never felt bad enough to see a physician. Late December, I came down with cold/congestion/scratchy throat, and was coughing up some really nasty brown stuff. The whole thing passed in about 5-7 days though. It usually takes me about 10-14 days to get over cold/flu. Almost the same thing happened in late March, except that time I pretty much lost smell for about 1-2 days. Late June early July I started feeling the early cold symptoms (itchy scratchy throat) but it passed after about 1-2 days. I’ve been on a regimen for about 10 years that includes D3, E, slow release iron, krill oil, and a multi vitamin. Added 1000 mg of C daily when COVID started. Also, each time I started feeling sick, I used Zicam according to instructions. I’ve added Zinc to my daily regimen the last month. I had my second Pfizer shot this past Saturday, and have had mild headache off and on since. Take all that for what it’s worth.

I personally think Vit D has a lot to do with it. NP put me on it about 10 years ago because my numbers were low. She said that this was actually quite common because modern humans spend far less time in the sun than our ancestors did.

Agreed on your last point. Most people are D deficient and some dramatically so. Sometime in the last year or so I read a study confirming that but I don’t recall any of the details.

Your late March infection was probably covid. The others are tough to say… I thought I had it early in 2020 but I’m pretty sure it was just a cold.

Reactions: soonerinlOUisiana

I’m the only one in my family that takes all those vitamins and I was the last to get it. I tell them I had to take in the shedding of the virus from the three of them to get me sick.

240742898_10158748549029232_2853346863865176402_n.jpg

Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
Appears to have worked well for Joe Rogan.

Peanut butter still tastes like salty-sweet dirt.

That's....horrible.

And if you get it, rest. That was the best medicine in my opinion.

Truth

I'm glad ya'll are okay.

Good for you. Be this guy much more often.

First beer tonight in over 10 days. For many, so what. For me, it’s a big deal. Anyway, cracked open that Bell’s Two Hearted Ale. Tipped it back. Swished it around my pallet. And what do you know, I can’t taste it. Makes me wish I had got the vaccine.

First beer tonight in over 10 days. For many, so what. For me, it’s a big deal. Anyway, cracked open that Bell’s Two Hearted Ale. Tipped it back. Swished it around my pallet. And what do you know, I can’t taste it. Makes me wish I had got the vaccine.

I’ve only had beer about three times since my fever broke and recovery started. It tastes like beer, but I don’t feel so great after even just one.

I’m not going to even try the bourbon until I feel like my hydration has gotten back to normal.

I’ve only had beer about three times since my fever broke and recovery started. It tastes like beer, but I don’t feel so great after even just one.

I’m not going to even try the bourbon until I feel like my hydration has gotten back to normal.
Have you had sex? I recommend it. I got a boost right after, I swear.

Have you had sex? I recommend it. I got a boost right after, I swear.

Well, yes… but talk about winded…

I’ve actually started joining my wife for her pseudo-daily 5k walk/run. As long as I don’t run too much (I need to lose about 30lbs…) I feel pretty good.

Covid peeled off the first 10lbs… now the rest is up to me. 😂

Reactions: squeak
Well, yes… but talk about winded…

I’ve actually started joining my wife for her pseudo-daily 5k walk/run. As long as I don’t run too much (I need to lose about 30lbs…) I feel pretty good.

Covid peeled off the first 10lbs… now the rest is up to me. 😂
Good luck my friend. I dropped 6 or 7. Didn’t have too much to lose though.

Reactions: trapped_in_tx
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT