ADVERTISEMENT

Sleep

Inky29

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2001
Anyone else finding that their normal sleep schedule has just gone to heck in a hand basket? I used to tap out around 10pm and up by 5:30. Last night it was 3:30 AM before I finally fell asleep, it had been midnight for the previous week or so.

Not stressed out but I'm simply not tired. This sucks. My guess it's due to actually killing time on the old Xbox which I hadn't played in probably 4 years.

Anyone else finding that their normal sleep schedule has just gone to heck in a hand basket? I used to tap out around 10pm and up by 5:30. Last night it was 3:30 AM before I finally fell asleep, it had been midnight for the previous week or so.

Not stressed out but I'm simply not tired. This sucks. My guess it's due to actually killing time on the old Xbox which I hadn't played in probably 4 years.
I've worked really hard to continue to go to bed at 10pm or so. I just find that I can sleep in a little longer since I don't have a commute to work. But my commute was only like 10 minutes.

So not too much change for me yet.

Reactions: Marshal Jim Duncan
Lucky, my commute is 30 minutes, assuming I leave the house by 6:55. I've tried keeping the same routine, electronics off by 9, little light reading but my brain just doesn't want to shut down. With the extra time I've gained working from home 11:30 would probably be ok but it seems like its just getting later and later everyday.

I work nights sometimes already so my sleep pattern is nonexistent

Still working same hours. No significant change to my sleep pattern.

My commute to and from work is 2-5 minutes depending on hitting the red lights.

Reactions: OSUIvan

Having the same issue. I get to sleep in about an extra hour and a half in the morning due to WFH, but I've had 2 nights in a row where I'm tossing and turning till past 3 am. If I wasn't working, that would be fine, I'm a major night owl, but I'm a zombie in front of the pc so far this week.

The longer this goes the worse it gets. My most productive work from home hours are 10 pm to 2 am when I get focused and on a roll. The dog still wakes me up at 6 to 7 am. I get up eat breakfast and half the time go back to bed for another two to three hours. Also have a bad habit of binge watching something in the evening and just letting it keep rolling until 2 or 3 am.

My meal schedule is also screwed up. I eat breakfast at normal time and then don't eat again till three or four. No sure it that's late lunch or early dinner. If I eat a third meal its like somewhere after 8 PM and not healthy.

I know Cool Story Bro. but you asked.

I pretty much have been keeping my sleeping hours as usual. But am damn sure getting depressed through all of this.

Reactions: wyomingosualum
I pretty much have been keeping my sleeping hours as usual. But am damn sure getting depressed through all of this.

Since working remotely is easy for my job, the stress and loading of work has remained, if not increased. Stress and anxiety are still there.

Sleep hasn’t changed but I have ample experience when it comes to ensuring my GAF about work has appropriate limits. A wife and for kiddos helps ensure that as well.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
We are working two week shifts in the courthouse and then two on paid admin leave on call status.

Those two weeks at home wreck my sleep schedule, but the weekend before I go back, I make a concerted effort to get it back.

Yes. But we launched and I did my reviews so Apple can take their stab at it. Good times.

Not sleeping well. The people in my company and those that work directly under me are suffering and will continue to suffer. I’m a dad of two daughters, so I have a hyper developed worry gene.

If anything good comes out of this, I hope it changes our consumeristic, live for the day, philosophy into something more conservative and forward thinking.

I’m shocked at how many we’ll compensated people are so utterly unprepared for any kind of blip in their lives. Leveraged with little to no savings. There’s going to be a significant “bubble” even after the world looks somewhat normal again.

So my anxiety about the situations of people I care about is really messing with me sleep.

Yeah I know ... “dear diary” lol

Reactions: CowboyJD

I’m not depressed at this point but certainly starting to get cabin fever a bit. Also coming up on a Thailand vacation and my son’s OSU Cowboy golf camp that were both cancelled so I find myself getting very pissed at the Communist China regime for fvcking the world over. Again.

Kids sleep schedules are virtually nonexistent despite our best efforts to maintain some structure. Fortunately my work hasn’t changed as I’ve been primarily working at home for years.

My routine is the same. Go to work and come home and drink too much bourbon. Sleep is the same...Go to bed at 8ish and get up at 4ish. Yeah I’m old.

My biggest issue is that my wife and I are in different states and have been since March 2nd. It’s complicated but she needs to stay in Texas to look after her very old parents and I need to be in Hawaii. Flights into hawaii have reduced from 30,000 flights per day to 110 and require a 14 day quarantine for her and me.

While alone time is great, I do miss seeing my wife, kids and grandkids in Texas. FaceTime is great but not the same.

Reactions: CowboyJD and Inky29
I have trouble sleeping when I am on the two week on call stay at home administrative leave portion of our staff rotation. Also about to jump out of my skin with cabin fever during that time.

During my in the courthouse rotation, I’m doing pretty well.

I've had a home office for about 15 years without setting an alarm. Think it's bad now, wait till you start sleeping for about 3 hours then get up for 2 hours and then go back to bed for another 3 hours. I've been doing that for about a decade.

Reactions: CowboyJD
My wife has started doing that, she's never done that in the 22 years of marriage. Wake up at 9, work for a few hours and is now back taking a nap. I absolutely hate being locked up like this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT