ADVERTISEMENT

Sights?

EvilPOKES

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2008
Earth
I am a novice when it comes to these things. I have been around firearms for a long time, grandpa was a corporate accountant for Remington for like 40 years, and have no problems with basic knowledge.

I am looking at sights these days. My everyday carry has been an M&P Shield and the stock sights are ok, but in low lighting not so much. I am, also, looking at maybe getting a P320, VP9SK, and G17 and 34 (maybe an L), and possibly more. These particular models are ones I have shot before, read about, and watched many a review about and I liked them all so instead of deciding, I will expand the empire.

Some of these will be personal carry like the Shield and am wanting some advice on sights? What do you folks recommend for sights for carry? Low-light? Daytime? Etc.

Oh and here is a nice gif for your troubles...

giphy.gif

Below by Ameriglow tritium sights, These are much more reasonable in price than the Triijicon, and would work effectively it seems. (Triijicon brand offers pretty close to the same thing, but is high end and always more expensive though comes with good backing and is nice stuff though!)

opplanet-ameriglo-tritium-front-and-rear-sights-mp-shield-3-dot-night-sight-set-grn-grn-sw-145

These are about $75 at OpticsPlanet. I'm seriously considering these for my shield.

Reactions: EvilPOKES
I am sure you read my partial "review" of the VP9SK. The night sights on it are a factory item, and they are fantastic.

I have read a couple places that the trigger is the best many have used on a striker fired offering. I haven't shot the sig, but I know good trigger when I feel one and the HK has it.

My wife doesn't want to give up her VP9 so I sort of ended up with the SK. I can live with that lol. The old USP was a big dog on the hip at times so the SK is a nice change. I kind of "wear" a gun for whatever mood I'm in, in the winter with a big coat I'll grab one of the 1911s even. If I want it to be "seen", I'll throw on a belt and holster the S&W 327 Night Guard 8 rounder. Hell, I'm not ashamed to say I've even carried my wife's 3 inch Model 36 Ladysmith a time or two...

Reactions: EvilPOKES
Ameriglow is what several friends have suggested, too. I have seen Tritium (SP?) and Pro-Glo suggested elsewhere for Ameriglow products. Anybody know the difference between them as far as real-world use and not what their site suggests?

The P320 may come with a reflex, never owned one of those so idk how functional that is...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT